PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Slayed Hunter

Slayed Hunter's Gamercard
Shooting Stars Achievement Easy Method.

Can confirm an easier method also (Probably already been done but it is just another easy method and allows you to get it right from the start)

Start a new game and do the first 2 missions. Both should be alien abduction missions. Once both are complete place your first satalite down in another continent. Scan until you come across your first UFO (UFO-1) when this appears do not intercept it straight away. First save the game and make note of the time that appears on that save as you will be reloading this save repeatedly.

Once saved carry on and shoot down the UFO you will never fail. Once done choose to ignore the crash site press start save the game in a NEW SAVE SLOT and the reload your original save that you took note of. (E.G If you saved at 3:15pm it will say on that save 3:15pm)

Do exactly the same again and make sure you keep saving it to a NEW SAVE SLOT dont write over one or else the game will lose that UFO kill.

Yeah it can take up lots of save slots but you can always delete them once youve got it popped anyway. I had to do this 25 times and it took me 12 minutes to do so roughly 20 minutes worth for 40 kills.

Hope this helps any new players.

Slayer:To kill violently.
Hunter:To search through an area for prey.
Slayed Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
Honestly, what is the point of going through all that trouble to continuously shoot down the same UFO?? You have to play through the campaign 5 times and you will accomplish shooting down 40 UFOs within the first two playthroughs.

Sorry, but your method to boosting this cheevo is truly a waste of time.

There is no need to boost it.

Last edited by NITEMARECREATOR; 12-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.
NITEMARECREATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
The Grendel

The Grendel's Gamercard
I have been lurking around here for years, and I must say... the quality of posts has been on a rather steady decline. It seems like the world is becoming an army of morons who only want to 'boost' and unlock cheevos as fast as possible just to do it. This useless information is just one example.

It's just... sad.
The Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Flippery

flipperys's Gamercard
Well I am grateful to the OP for posting his method. I am planning on doing all five playthroughs, but if I burn out along the way I am glad to have a method to allow me to lock down this achievement with a minimum of fuss.

Some posters may not be going for the full 1000, instead only giving the game a single playthrough, and for them tips like this could be invaluable.
Flippery is offline   Reply With Quote