PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #4411
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
The first and ONLY time you hear about the guild and Sachi in volume 1 (I.E the story), is in that extract above. Remember, Kirito is mysterious in the LN, since there's a giant timeskip we don't know what's happened to him.

But then he tells us about the guild, so we get an insight on the way he acts. The Side story (The one when we see Kirito actually spent time with them) is not mentioned in Volume 1, it's just a side story (which they put in the anime for no reason, they shoulda kept it as a flashback or something).
Yeah, I definitely like this approach better. The way the anime handled it is retarded. And they did it just to cram in as much fan pandering as possible. Ep 3 with it's poor one episode melodrama. Ep 4 for some loli/tentacle fanservice, as well as the "don't look" bullshit. Ep 5/6 for straight ecchi masked by a unrealistically developed mystery. And that Lizbeth ep for another mildly tsundere love interest, because Asuna just isn't enough.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #4412
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
Yeah, I definitely like this approach better. The way the anime handled it is retarded. And they did it just to cram in as much fan pandering as possible. Ep 3 with it's poor one episode melodrama. Ep 4 for some loli/tentacle fanservice, as well as the "don't look" bullshit. Ep 5/6 for straight ecchi masked by a unrealistically developed mystery. And that Lizbeth ep for another mildly tsundere love interest, because Asuna just isn't enough.
Should wait until the incest comes into play.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #4413
hydrosugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehapoc View Post
Should wait until the incest comes into play.
I heard it also caters to NTR fetishists somewhere down the line. MAL brings that up fairly often. (Had to google it the first time, pretty much means stealing someones girl.)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #4414
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Best bit about that? ALL SIDE STORIES. They make more appearances later on though.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #4415
hydrosugar

Quote:
Best bit about that? ALL SIDE STORIES. They make more appearances later on though.
But that's the worst part. They could have left them until later, or omitted them entirely, but instead they forced them down our throats early on, because most of them will please a certain audience. SAO the anime has no artistic integrity. I'm told the Index anime did the same thing, just no where near to the same extent.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #4416
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Different flow is a nice way to put it. So far what I saw was a poorly paced trainwreck. Assuming the LN's actually are good, and you're a fan of them, I'm not sure why you stand by this obviously flawed adaption. I, like many others, am a big fan of the Tsukihime VN. However not only do the majority of us dislike to poor anime adaption, we discredit it's existence entirely. As a fan of the source material, you should actually hate a bad adaption more than the rest of us.
I love you so much right now. I still have no idea why Jake is defending mediocre anime at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #4417
ValtielsSuccubi

ValtielsSuccubi's Gamercard
Any one else feel like
Samurai Champloo should have been taken much further ? It had so much potential...
ValtielsSuccubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #4418
tehapoc

They could've cut the series short or added in another arc. Nothing wrong with a wonky number of episodes.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #4419
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Is there a site I could read the LN to SAO? I love reading and the LN is CLEARLY written better than the anime. Still loved the anime even though it was basically an extended sidestory lol

(Hate all you want)

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #4420
tehapoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Is there a site I could read the LN to SAO? I love reading and the LN is CLEARLY written better than the anime. Still loved the anime even though it was basically an extended sidestory lol

(Hate all you want)
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ord_Art_Online
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #4421
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm so tired of hearing about LN's and VN's. Just makes me wanna rage quit.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #4422
tehapoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
I'm so tired of hearing about LN's and VN's. Just makes me wanna rage quit.
Well, you'd feel much better about the situation if you were to go bomb the UK in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...412375&page=19

Either way, ota, watch or read anything decent lately?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #4423
Kyoshi123
Banned User

Kyoshi123's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, you'd feel much better about the situation if you were to go bomb the UK in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...412375&page=19

Because US is out u wanna bomb us <.< smh
Kyoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #4424
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

Nope. Nothing at all. Haven't read a manga in ages and will list what I bought when it comes in.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #4425
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Quote:
But that's the worst part. They could have left them until later, or omitted them entirely, but instead they forced them down our throats early on, because most of them will please a certain audience. SAO the anime has no artistic integrity. I'm told the Index anime did the same thing, just no where near to the same extent.
That was my joke, I said it was the best part, but tried to put across the point that it's the crap part of the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
I love you so much right now. I still have no idea why Jake is defending mediocre anime at all.
I already said the show is ok, the LN is better.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #4426
EliteShadowMan

Randomly started Brave 10 with a friend yesterday. Pretty entertaining.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #4427
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi123 View Post
Because US is out u wanna bomb us <.< smh
UK is gone now too

I watched a few more episodes of TWGOK. Really entertaining but bad when you want to go to sleep because you wont want to stop during a conquest lol. Last loose soul was in the "supporting character" girl.

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #4428
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
UK is gone now too

I watched a few more episodes of TWGOK. Really entertaining but bad when you want to go to sleep because you wont want to stop during a conquest lol. Last loose soul was in the "supporting character" girl.
What girl? Tell me the capture number and I'll know what you mean.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #4429
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Quote:
What girl? Tell me the capture number and I'll know what you mean.
7 if you include Haqua's loose soul as a capture.

@Signature: I loved that line. Such a BA in class.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #4430
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
7 if you include Haqua's loose soul as a capture.

@Signature: I loved that line. Such a BA in class.
Oh lol, I see. That means you have 1 capture left, then you have to wait for the third season.

And yes, Keima is such a cool guy.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #4431
hydrosugar

Quote:
That was my joke, I said it was the best part, but tried to put across the point that it's the crap part of the anime.
Ok. I thought you meant it seriously, in that the shitty side stories I singled out were only that, and not part of the main story.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #4432
Toon

v Selkies v's Gamercard
If it means anything, I'm flying through Clannad, just finished the Fuko arc. Manly tears have been shed. I don't want to feel what I felt watching that shit ever again.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #4433
EliteShadowMan

Finished Brave 10 already. Slapping it with a 6/10
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #4434
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
If it means anything, I'm flying through Clannad, just finished the Fuko arc. Manly tears have been shed. I don't want to feel what I felt watching that shit ever again.
You're going to have fun then.

Just finished TWGOK. Feeling an 8/10. Rating sounds right to me. Definitely want to see S3 now though.

Also finished S1 of Student Councils Discretion in time to start S2 since the first episode is being released today.

Up next in Crunchyroll: Finish 11eyes and start Fate/Zero. Also desperately awaiting more Oreshura. 3 days til episode 2.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #4435
hydrosugar

Quote:
You're going to have fun then.

Just finished TWGOK. Feeling an 8/10. Rating sounds right to me. Definitely want to see S3 now though.

Also finished S1 of Student Councils Discretion in time to start S2 since the first episode is being released today.

Up next in Crunchyroll: Finish 11eyes and start Fate/Zero. Also desperately awaiting more Oreshura. 3 days til episode 2.
S2 of Student Councils Discretion has finished though. Anyways, Seitokai Yakuindomo > Seitokai no Ichizon.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #4436
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Finally got around to watching something. So I watched 3 episodes of Gintama 40, 41, 42 which dealt with Kagura's father. Good times.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #4437
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Quote:
S2 of Student Councils Discretion has finished though. Anyways, Seitokai Yakuindomo > Seitokai no Ichizon.
Damn, Crunchyroll just sucks as usual then. They're just releasing it. Also, Seitokai Yakuindomo isn't on there. I'm trying to get as much watched on Crunchyroll as possible since it's more confortable to be in front of my TV than my computer monitor. My trial ends on the 19th.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #4438
CrimsonX1999

Send a message via Skype™ to CrimsonX1999

DrJackel666's Gamercard
Finished Azumanga Daioh man that series is crazy...kinda felt like lucky star did to me made no sense but was a lot of fun to watch.

CrimsonX1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #4439
Kyoshi123
Banned User

Kyoshi123's Gamercard
Quote:
Prob the only thing we can agree on!

Also Fate Stay Night is fucking ballz
Kyoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #4440
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Demon King Daimao finished in one day. Korone was hilarious. I give it a 7/10 because I was confused for a good section of the show and it's too ecchi for my tastes, though I did really enjoy watching it.

A friend said I should watch Another and Bakemonogatari. Should I add them to my list?

Quote:

Last edited by Ceris; 01-10-2013 at 06:46 AM.