PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > The Sports Bar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #361
NorseForce28

CaressMySausage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
What a pathetic game by the Vikings last night.
What did you expect? Webb doesn't start all season and then they just throw him into a wildcard game, expecting wonders? Even if Webb managed the game, making smart passes and pretty much doing the exact opposite of what he did last night, the D was embarrassing, as usual.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #362
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Ron Rivera will stay Carolina's HC for his 3rd year.

I found a clip of Ron Rivera expressing his excitement upon hearing he would return for a third year as Carolina's head coach:

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #363
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Man, this Colts - Ravens game is boring...

Nice to see the Ravens on top though.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #364
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Man, this Colts - Ravens game is boring...

Nice to see the Ravens on top though.

Most all Ravens games are pretty boring unless you really, really love defense.

The Ravens got screwed a little on that first fumble. They clearly recovered that ball but I understand why that sort of thing isn't reviewable. It cost them at least 3 points though.

I'd like to see Ray Lewis get at least one more win. Murder trial notwithstanding (don't forget that the charges against him were dropped and that his two friends tried for the crime were acquitted), he has been a model citizen in the NFL.

He is one of the few athletes that truly changed his life and circle of friends after a questionable incident and has been one of the highest quality people in the NFL for over a decade.

Quote:
I don't get why they threw Webb in there like that. Sure, the Packers are familiar with Ponder's style, but he would've been a WAY better option and given them a decent chance. Sure, he's no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but he's not awful either. Seemed pretty boneheaded to me to throw a QB into a wildcard game randomly, especially against the Packers.

Ponder was hurt...He has a triceps injury. Ray Lewis missed 10 games with a triceps injury and he doesn't have to throw the ball as part of his position...

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor
"I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek." -Rusty
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #365
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Ponder was hurt...He has a triceps injury. Ray Lewis missed 10 games with a triceps injury and he doesn't have to throw the ball as part of his position...
Damn, where the hell have I been? I didn't actually watch the game, just followed it on my phone, so I just assumed from what I was reading they randomly threw Webb into the game for no reason.

I feel stupid as shit right now.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #366
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Damn, where the hell have I been? I didn't actually watch the game, just followed it on my phone, so I just assumed from what I was reading they randomly threw Webb into the game for no reason.

I feel stupid as shit right now.

Don't worry about it. When I popped on yesterday to check scores I thought the exact same thing. Then I saw an article about Ponder's injury.

EDIT: Well the Ravens have pretty much won it.

Excellent bend but don't break D by the Ravens. If you look at yardage numbers the Colts offense actually had a good day but were held to 3 field goals.

Go Seahawks! Wilson > RGIII

If the 'Hawks win I'll be 2-2 on my picks...1-3 if they lose

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor

Last edited by bigbear2face; 01-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #367
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Looks like with the Ravens win I am 2-1 with picks. If Seahawks win I will be 3-1 on picks. I really need the Seahawks to win this for my fantasy team!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #368
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Yikes, that was a rough go for the Vikes last night. Hell of a time to lose Christian Ponder.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #369
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Texans
Packers
Colts
Redskins
Well I'm 2-1 and momentum is on Seattle's side which could drop me to 2-2.

As soon as I typed that, Seattle fumbles! Oh. The irony.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #370
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Well I'm 2-1 and momentum is on Seattle's side which could drop me to 2-2.

As soon as I typed that, Seattle fumbles! Oh. The irony.
Just when Lynch started getting me a few points on my fantasy team....
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #371
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
RGIII goes down and it appears that the Redskins will fall too. Looks like Seattle will rise above the "struggles on the road and in playoffs" finally. Good job 'hawks.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #372
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
RGIII goes down and it appears that the Redskins will fall too. Looks like Seattle will rise above the "struggles on the road and in playoffs" finally. Good job 'hawks.
I almost feel bad for them. RG3 couldnt recover the bad snap due to an injury, giving Seattle an easy 3 points. I really disagree with the coach keeping RG3 in after limping the entire game, should have put Cousins in a lot earlier in the game.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #373
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I almost feel bad for them. RG3 couldnt recover the bad snap due to an injury, giving Seattle an easy 3 points. I really disagree with the coach keeping RG3 in after limping the entire game, should have put Cousins in a lot earlier in the game.

Yeah... I'm sure a lot of that was Griffin insisting on staying in, but they probably should have yanked him earlier and rested him up in hope of winning and getting him ready for Atlanta next week.

That said, I don't think Washington would have won this game no matter what... Seattle absolutely shut down their offense after the first quarter.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #374
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
That said, I don't think Washington would have won this game no matter what... Seattle absolutely shut down their offense after the first quarter.
True.

I am 3-1 so far with my picks this playoff season. Didnt get the Colts - Ravens game correct.

Next Week Picks:

Denver over Baltimore
San Francisco over Green Bay
Seattle over Atlanta
New England over Houston
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #375
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Next Week Picks:

Denver over Baltimore
Seattle over Atlanta
New England over Houston
I agree with all 4 of those pics.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #376
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Yeah... I'm sure a lot of that was Griffin insisting on staying in, but they probably should have yanked him earlier and rested him up in hope of winning and getting him ready for Atlanta next week.

Mike Shanahan has a long history of running players into the ground. I'm not surprised he left RGIII in well after his use by date.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #377
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Next Week Picks:

Denver over Baltimore
Seattle over Atlanta
New England over Houston
Same
Same
Atlanta
Same
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #378
Smoochy

Quote:

Next Week Picks:

Denver over Baltimore
Seattle over Atlanta
New England over Houston
Definitely agree with all four of these picks.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #379
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Being a Steelers fan... This may sound off but I'm pulling for Baltimore. If they can get to Manning wonders could happen. Here's to an upset.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #380
Th33Troop33r

Th33Troop33r's Gamercard
Does anybody else have problems with nfl.com on chrome? It doesn't load any of the hyperlinks or the sign in prompt.
Th33Troop33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #381
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Went 50% on my picks, which isn't awful considering I didn't forsee the Colts losing their OC. Watching RG3's last play was brutal. I winced when I saw him go down.

Quote:

Next Week Picks:

Denver over Baltimore
Seattle over Atlanta
New England over Houston
I agree with all of these. Rooting for all those to win too except for the Pats.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #382
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Went 50% on my picks, which isn't awful considering I didn't forsee the Colts losing their OC. Watching RG3's last play was brutal. I winced when I saw him go down.
When I first saw the replays on that I thought that he at least blew his knee out. It looked like a career ending type injury. Then he walked off the field on his own. Then he was standing on the sidelines without even crutches. I think the brace he was wearing saved that from being a super serious injury. Either way I bet he has surgery on it. But he will probably be good to go for next season.

Teams I want to win:

Denver
Seattle (normally I'd root for Atlanta but I want Seattle to win so Kyle has a chance at winning his playoff league!)
Green Bay
Houston (sorry Kyle I can't root for the Pats even if you have a couple on your team)

Who I think will win:

Denver
Atlanta
Green Bay
New England

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:

Last edited by bigbear2face; 01-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #383
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

This is pretty funny: click
Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #384
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
Haha that was awesome. I love those things.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #385
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
That was hilarious.

Reports are that RG3 partial tore his LCL and ACL.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #386
Smoochy

Quote:

Damn, hopefully he can come back from that.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #387
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Quote:

Oh God...That might have been funnier then the last one!

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #388
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Quote:
At least he's heading into the off season. Hopefully all goes well for him.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #389
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

*headdesk* So, I have no conceivable idea why the Bills didn't go after Lovie Smith. Time for three more bad seasons under a coach who nobody's heard of.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #390
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
When I first saw the replays on that I thought that he at least blew his knee out. It looked like a career ending type injury. Then he walked off the field on his own. Then he was standing on the sidelines without even crutches. I think the brace he was wearing saved that from being a super serious injury. Either way I bet he has surgery on it. But he will probably be good to go for next season.

Teams I want to win:

Denver
Seattle (normally I'd root for Atlanta but I want Seattle to win so Kyle has a chance at winning his playoff league!)
Green Bay
Houston (sorry Kyle I can't root for the Pats even if you have a couple on your team)

Who I think will win:

Denver
Atlanta
Green Bay
New England

Believe me, I am not happy about rooting for the Pats, I hate them, but they have good players for Fantasy Football, so I will cheer for them as far as they can go. And are you sure about Greenbay? I thought it would be fairly safe picking the 49ers. I find Greenbay to be quite overrated. Maybe its just because I am a Vikings fan though.

By the way, thanks for cheering for the Seahawks, I got money on that game as well.