PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Patch News

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...d-Patch-update

Thanks for all the feedback you guys have provided here in the XCOM forums. We here at 2k Games and Firaxis have been listening to your comments and are preparing a patch that will be releasing soon on all platforms. Exact date is TBD, but we will let you know as soon as we get word.

Here are a list of changes that will be included in the patch.

Major Fixes

Abductor roof visibility problems resolved

Interception game hang issues resolved
o If two interceptors are sent after UFO
o If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed

SHIV inaccessible issues resolved

AI Alien Activity Hang resolution

Multiplayer connectivity optimization

Other Fixes

TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip

Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.

Easy Difficulty is now easier.

Again, thanks for all the feedback and for being super patient as we prepare each patch for release. We are always monitoring the forums for issues and will post as soon as we get official updates.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Nice to hear that easy will be easier so that all the required playthroughs will go a bit faster.

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
peter17319

I'm glad they're fixing the SHIV glitch. About 50% of the time, my SHIV shows up in the squad list, but there's no avatar. So it's there, but it's not there. Weird.
peter17319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
vayacondiosamigo

How can they make easy easier? I can blaze through the game as it is
vayacondiosamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
Wait, you can send more then one interceptor at a UFO at a time?
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vayacondiosamigo View Post
How can they make easy easier? I can blaze through the game as it is
The current issue with the easy difficulty level is at the moment the only change between it and normal is that on easy funding is increased by 50% and your soldiers have +1 health. I don't know what exactly they are doing to change the difficulty level but I would assume they are changing it so that there is more of a difference between the two difficulty levels. Personally I think if that was their goal making normal more difficult would have been a better option to the help bridge the large gap in difficulty level between normal and classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scnew View Post
Wait, you can send more then one interceptor at a UFO at a time?
Not exactly. If you abort the engagement or if your interceptor gets shot down you can send another interceptor after the UFO.

Last edited by widget624; 11-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
I couldn't even tell the difference between Normal and Classic, other than the enemies obviously having better aim...
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed View Post
I couldn't even tell the difference between Normal and Classic, other than the enemies obviously having better aim...
On classic there are more enemies per encounter, your base starts off with less power, you don't get a free OST, soldiers cost more to hire. Base panic levels are higher and panic rises faster.

Chryssalids and Zombies recieve a +2 damage bonus, Muton berserkers receive a +1 damage bonus, all aliens that use ranged weapons receive a +10 Aim bonus, Mutons, Heavy Floaters, Drones, and Outsiders receive a +2 HP bonus, Sectoid Commanders and Cyberdiscs receive a +4 HP bonus, Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals receive a +25 Will bonus.

You don't get an extra satellite that you receive on normal, you have one less HP then you do on normal. The AI isn't limited like it is on normal and more then 5 enemies will actually engage you at a time unlike normal/easy.

and then there is the fact that the game actually cheats for you on normal and easy. People looking at the RNG in the data files found this

On easy AND you are down to 3 or fewer soldiers:
Chance to hit is 120% of displayed value
Chance to hit is further increased by 15% (absolute) per missing squad member, under 4 (if you only brought 1 soldier, he has +45% chance to hit)
For hits that have at least a 50% chance of hitting,you receive another 15% (absolute) chance to hit per consecutive miss (up to 30%)
Alien chance to hit is reduced by 10% (absolute) for each consecutive hit.
Alien chance to hit is reduced by 25% (absolute) for each squad member missing under 4

On normal with 4 or fewer soldiers, or easy with precisely 4:
Chance to hit is 120% of displayed value
For hits that have at least a 50% chance of hitting, chance to hit is increased by 15% (absolute) per consecutive miss, with no upper limit
Alien chance to hit is reduced by 10% (absolute) for each consecutive hit.

On a side note they also discovered chance to hit is actually capped at 95% on all difficulty levels, so even if the game says you have a 100% chance to hit in reality you don't. This effects both you and the enemy.

Compared to the jump between easy and normal I'd say that would qualify as a large jump in difficulty between normal and classic. Although I did miss a couple changes between easy and normal beside those that I listed above with the difference in cheating hit ranges, Thin Men are Sectiods are weaker on easy then normal.

Last edited by widget624; 11-02-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post

Other Fixes

TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip
I just loaded up my save and headed into the TempleShip. During the second room, one of my squad members went down and I stabilized him. Later on during that same save, I hit an Auto Save and proceeded to the next room, where I got frustrated.

I then loaded up the Auto Save and it had reverted my soldier to downed again. I headed over and tried to stabilize again, but the icon said I had already stabilized. The Heal icon stated that I would need to stabilize him before I could heal, so I was forced to leave him there and complete the final mission with 5.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
New should be out soon if it isn't already

Second Wave addition
  • If a player has beaten the game, they can access a variety of gameplay toggles upon starting a new game. The Second Wave option will be available on the New Game menu.

AI teleport bug fix
  • Minimizes the bug where aliens teleport into the middle of a player’s squad

Defeat screen when beating the game
  • Minimizes a bug that displays a Defeat screen after winning the game

Note on the second wave options

The first four are available right after installing it for the first time:

Damage Roulette - Weapons have a much wider range of damage.
New Economy - A country will offer less funding as its panic increases.
Not Created Equally - A rookie's stats will vary
Hidden Potential - Rookies will have random starting stats.

The following ones are activated once the game is won on Normal, Classic or Impossible:

Red Fog - Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission.
Absolutely Critical - A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit.
The Greater Good - The secret of psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien.
Marathon - The game takes considerably longer to complete.
Results Driven - As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly.
High Stakes - The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized.
Diminishing Returns - The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built.
More Than Human - The psionic gift is extremely rare.

The last four options are only available after winning on Impossible:

Total Loss - Lose all gear from soldiers who die in combat.
War Wariness - Overall funding levels drop inexorably with every month that passes.
E-115 - Elerium stores will degrade over time.
Alternate Sources - The power requirements of all facilities are increased.

Last edited by widget624; 01-08-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
pauly_27

So no updates to the freezing issues?

It's making the game unplayable for me now it's become so bad.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote