PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Crimson Map Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
The Thorian

MaSkullzOnFire's Gamercard
Thumbs up Halo 4 Achievement Tutorial: David and Goliath & Pump Yer Brakes

Just a small tutorial video for those of you having trouble on getting the achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4wgPGnix30
The Thorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Espada Josh

JoshuaC91's Gamercard
Just carry around a plasma pistol for David and Golith. Not that hard.
Espada Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
The Thorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada Josh View Post
Just carry around a plasma pistol for David and Golith. Not that hard.
Very true. However this video was done for those, like myself, who don't use the Plasma Pistol. In all of the games on Halo 4 I have played today I have only seen 1 person use the Plasma Pistol.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
BiggD
20 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
There is already an Achievement Guide & Roadmap that explain these in full detail both in text and video....

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
The Thorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
There is already an Achievement Guide & Roadmap that explain these in full detail both in text and video....
Alright, fine. Sorry for trying to help.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
ObsessedGamer

AtDawnWeRise's Gamercard
For those of us who don't use a plasma pistol on a regular basis, I appreciate it.
ObsessedGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Hishoa

Even without a plasma pistol, isn't this video a little unnecessary? For those actively trying to get these achievements, I imagine it's general knowledge that you have to sneak up to it to board it (or at any other point when the mech is distracted or playing stupidly); otherwise you'll leave with a mouth full of lead, a missile to your feet or a fatal stomp on your head.

edit:

From looking at your post history and the replies to your videos, it seems you have a habit of posting tutorials for absurdly simple/easy achievements -- nothing wrong with that, just it isn't very useful as other than a plug for your youtube channel.

Last edited by Hishoa; 01-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thorian View Post
Alright, fine. Sorry for trying to help.
Passive aggressive comments aside, what the hell are you doing to your videos to make them look that fucking terrible? Like, I can't figure out how you have HD options, because when you click them, the video looks the exact same. It's like a masterpiece in bad video making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
From looking at your post history and the replies to your videos, it seems you have a habit of posting tutorials for absurdly simple/easy achievements -- nothing wrong with that, just it isn't very useful as other than a plug for your youtube channel.
He just wants subs to make those boo-koo YouTube bucks.

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 01-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
The Thorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Quit talking like you know me.

You know what, I'm fucking done with this website. Reply if you want but there's going to be no point, I'm not going to see it again.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
Hishoa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Quote:

You know what, I'm fucking done with this website. Reply if you want but there's going to be no point, I'm not going to see it again.
.. given the response, it seems Gheuh hit the nail on the head.

And I don't understand your whole "i'm fucking done with this website" statement; the collective 8 posts between your two accounts (possibly more if you sockpuppet) all had to do with your posting topics linking people to your youtube channel -- again, looking at your post histories, I would even argue that you haven't participated in a single discussion or topic in any forum on this website; it's plenty difficult to quit a website you haven't at all engaged with, especially considering whatever videos you did contribute were arguably useless/unnecessary and were tell-tale attempts at garnering youtube subscriptions..

edit: The new annotation you added to your video..

Quote:
Why not comment and hit that Like button? Also, by clicking that subscribe button you are ensuring more videos like this get made... unless you don't want more videos like this to be made.
No, I don't want more videos like this to be made. The achievement websites out there already have every achievement you've discussed in any and all of your videos thoroughly explained with either text-tutorials or simply the achievement description itself. There is nothing ambiguous about telling a player that you can get the "Return to Sender" achievement in a custom game in Halo: Reach (along with all the other Defiant DLC achievements). There is absolutely nothing ambiguous about the achievement's description of returning your flag to your base, or the "Crackin' Skulls" achievement. To make a video about these achievements is overkill; and that is why I think you should dedicate your time to making more involved videos about achievements that aren't easy-as-balls to unlock.

Last edited by Hishoa; 01-10-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
lol

please make your videos not look like shit. tia

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
BiggD
20 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:

Holy shit, Gheuh. You just made him rage quit mad hard.

Sigged.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
To make a video about these achievements is overkill; and that is why I think you should dedicate your time to making more involved videos about achievements that aren't easy-as-balls to unlock.
I personally think it's more of a killtastrophe than anything, but seriously, if you have to make posts about something already been done probably dozens of times to squeeze more subscribers for your Youtube channel, then you don't really need to be here in the first place. If you made a video showing how to get an achievement differently than suggested or some custom game, then that would be different, but that is clearly not the case with this.