PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Xer0 Ph0kus

Xer0 Ph0kus's Gamercard
Game breaking bug on Spellbreaker quest (spoilers)

FIXED

EDIT: As I was writing this I was thinking maybe the patch that I had to download had something to do with it so I cleared my cache, restarted the game without patching it, grabbed a save right before the encounter and it worked. So there you have it! Now I can repatch and Geralt won't be stuck.

Unless I am totally missing something I think I might be screwed here. I've rescued Philippa Eilhart from prison and am at point right after the conversation with her where she is still shackled and I'm standing behind her. I can't move Geralt but I can bring up the inventory and pause the game. No other actions work to unstick him. I've reloaded a previous save that was an hour previous and got the same results. I went into the sewers, and I got arrested, both got the same results, and I've had it installed to my hard drive and on disc and both got the same results.

I'm going to be pretty mad if I can't continue at all here. Anyone else encounter something similar and how did you fix it?

Last edited by Xer0 Ph0kus; 05-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Xer0 Ph0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
DJ DEXTA

DJ DEXTA's Gamercard
Had the same problem, gonna clear cache and give what you said a go.

Fingers crossed it works.

12/08/12 Works a treat! Nice one thanks!

Of course i have initiative..... im just waiting for someone to tell me when to use it.

Last edited by DJ DEXTA; 08-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.
DJ DEXTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
DJ DEXTA

DJ DEXTA's Gamercard
For the person who PM'd me (xarxz12) For some reason i cant reply to your mesage. Hope you read this.

Hi,

Its easy to fix. Just clear your systems cache, start the game (remember to stay off line or you will download the patch again) )reload your auto save (you should start from the same point the bug is happening) and you should be able to move freely.

You can always download the patch again afterwards if you need to. (I didn't bother)

If your not sure what I mean by "clearing your system cache then read this.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...r-system-cache

Hope this helps.

Of course i have initiative..... im just waiting for someone to tell me when to use it.

DJ DEXTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #4
olyatolk

Same problem

Hi, I've had completely the same problem in my game. I've trying completing the mission in two different ways (chose Triss), but Geralt just doesn't move after the talking part. I've tried cleaning the cache, still wouldn't work... Every time I'm trying to load the save or autosave the loading process gets stuck as well

I'm not sure what to do now, I can't continue on the game and it's disappointing
olyatolk is offline   Reply With Quote