PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Midway Arcade Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Most Difficult/Annoying Games?

While this game has a few classic/enjoyable games from the 80's and 90's, there are a bunch of games in this collection that are just annoying and frustratingly painful to get the achievement in. Most of them is due to the terrible controls built in, or the bad camera, or both. Here are some that I thought were the hardest games to get the achievement in:

720 - It was a bit ironic that the first game in the collection is probably one of the hardest games to get the achievement in, and almost discouraged me from trying to complete the game because I thought that every game was going to be as bad as this one. The achievement is quite simple, all you have to do is earn a Gold Medal in a single event. However, actually accomplishing that task is anything but. Trying to get a handle on the controls felt like an impossible task the first few minutes, and actually getting a gold event in the Ramp Park (which was what I read was the easiest event to do it in) felt like it was purely luck based. It didn't matter how many spins or tricks I did, because the scoring felt random. I could do a simple 360 spin and get 700 points but if I did anything more than a 1080, I'd somehow end up with fewer points, even if I landed perfectly.

APB - Another game which seemed like it was simple enough to play through, but just annoying to go through due to the awful controls. The controls weren't as bad as they were in 720, but it definitely was not intuitive either. It was especially annoying since you only had 1 life, and if you kept crashing into the walls or other cars due to the awful controls, the game became way more difficult than it needed to be.

Championship Sprint - Again, another game that seemed pretty simple and looked like it could be kinda fun at first, but was ruined by the terrible controls. However unlike the last 2 games I listed, while the controls were counter-intuitive, it was consistent at least so you just had to adjust to them and get used to them. It was also kinda difficult because it seemed like the AI in the 3rd race would be ramped up tenfold, making a seemingly easy game very tense and nerve-racking trying to get through the laps in the final race.

Sinistar - This game felt very luck based because it just felt like Sinistar always spawned at random times. Sometimes you would have plenty of time to farm the Sinibombs, and sometimes you barely had any time at all. On top of that, he's fast as hell and there is no way to outrun him once hes in range. The fact that the controls were overly sensitive didn't help either, because one little twitch of the control stick would send your guy to do a 180.

Smash TV - Not really much to say here since this is probably one of the more well known games in the collection. The game is fun and frantic with alot of corny humor with the host of the show. However, it is hard as hell even with the 6 lives and the glitch that gives you an extra continue (though it seems like its a bit random when you get it so you should try not to rely on it too much).

Toobin - A pretty interesting game with an interesting premise. Basically your goal is to make it to the bottom of the river without hitting anything that has the potential to sink you. Probably the least frustrating game in my list, but the controls still take some time to get used to, and it can be pretty annoying to get sunk by some random object that you accidentally bumped into because of the controls and have to start from the beginning again.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm, and Achieve On!
MAL

Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
All the achievements I have unlocked so far in 4 hours apart from:-
Smash tv-hard but seems doable with practice
Joust 2-seems to be the hardest one for me, can't beat level 3 as the control are absolutely horrendous and it's extremely bad gameplay doesn't make me want to try it!!
I had a few problems with Super Off-road and Rampage but 10 mins on each did them in. If your stuck just keep practicing!!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
UBER GOOBER

EL UBER GOOBER's Gamercard
For me was Vindicators Part II & Smash TV which I am still working on.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
MidgetsInactive

MidgetsInactive's Gamercard
My hardest were Championship Sprint, Joust 2, Pit Fighters, and Toobin'.

Smash TV took me a few tries, then I got it first try the next morning.

I just couldn't do level 3 in Joust.
MidgetsInactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Vindicators Part II? Oh. My. God. The controls are HORRIBLE. They're some of the worst controls I've ever seen on the 360. You have to hold both thumbsticks forward to move forward, one of the thumbsticks forward and the other backwards to turn, and the triggers to rotate your turret. I'm not kidding when I say I died in the first level because of how shitty the controls are. This game controlled WAY better in Midway Arcade Treasures on the XBOX 1.

720 is pretty screwy as well. It's hard enough trying to move straight, let alone make jumps and perform tricks. Then again, I don't play skateboarding games, so I literally only played for the achievement and never touched it again.

Smash TV and Total Carnage are great games, but the right stick controls are hit-or-miss. It's hard to fire diagonally (maybe it's just my controller, I don't know), and because of that, I always die before reaching the boss. Again, these games controlled better on the MAT games on the XBOX 1.

All of the other games are okay control-wise, but Vindicators Part II, 720, Smash TV and Total Carnage have been giving me a hard time now of late.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.

Last edited by FatalDeathSG45; 12-30-2012 at 01:55 AM.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
UBER GOOBER

EL UBER GOOBER's Gamercard
Total Carnage has one of the easiest achievements just go through the first warp you see. I was able to unlock it on first attempt.

The hardest for me was Vindicators Part II, Smash TV & Joust 2
Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
i found using the D-Pad much easier for games like vindicator part 2 and championship sprint. Some of the game's controller menus fails to say you can also use the D-Pad. i found out the hardway trying to play with the joysticks but getting incredibly frustrated. i could have saved myself alot of grief...

i will say toobin was a bitch because i think it is glitched. i had to repeat the achievement requirements several times before it finally popped.
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
I love Toobin...just make sure you stay to the left and it should unlock. Problem is, the stupid A1 will sometimes go to the right and take you with him.

I can't do the Sprints. I just fall apart in the 3rd race.

For some reason, APB is a bitch to me. I'll just have to sit down and figure that one out.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #9
I AsevenX I

Mrs AsevenX's Gamercard
Joust 2 is insanely hard for me...the red blimp lookin mofo on level 3 kills me so much.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was going to buy this when it released and then I ended up forgetting and grabbed it for twenty bucks over the weekend, which it always should have been.

I was feeling the retro itch and this pretty much took care of it. I'm certain now that I never need to play any of these games again unless I happen to be hanging out somwhere random where there's a cabinet version of one of them.

Super Sprint and Off-Road were a couple of my favorites back in the arcade days and they were always difficult but here they're nearly unplayable. It's been mentioned a million times already but the controls for alot of these games are terrible and they just serve to make a bad game worse. On top of that, even the menus and initial entries are janky, they could have atleast had the basic controls for those set up for consoles. I understand these games were made to eat our quarters but it really shows here. I'll be leaving this game at 655/1000 gamerscore, I don't have the patience to struggle through some of this garbage.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
Christian Harper

ChristianHarper's Gamercard
720, Super Sprint & Off Road. Horrible controls.
Christian Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #12
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
joust 2, sinistar, smash tv, vindicators, toobin, super sprint, super off road
all impossible to me. old arcade games piss me off way too much to try any more on any of them
300,000 Goal: Sep 2014

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 169
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7
Put gaming away for nearly 8 months in 2012, but I'm back in it again.

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote