PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope4829 View Post
I wonder how many tens of thousands of ms points these are gonna cost. I can't be the only person who felt like Dragonborn was awesome but not $20 USD awesome. Im already $35 deep in DLC and for the most part it's broken, I regularly fall through houses now, Hearthfire is all sorts of broke, etc. I hope they price their DLC a little more appropriately for the next few (and put them out faster).
Well if they put them out faster, the more broken they will be. The content that the Skyrim DLC's have are above and beyond the average DLC, and in my opinion the price is fair. Sure there are a few glitches, and they probably should have more patches for them. But overall, they make everything very well, and pretty fast for what you get.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
Dragonborn was worth every penny. Even Dawnguard was pretty worth it. Mass Effect 3's Omega, however, is not worth the 20 dollars.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #33
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
Dragonborn was worth every penny. Even Dawnguard was pretty worth it. Mass Effect 3's Omega, however, is not worth the 20 dollars.
Maybe they are worth the $20 but if everyone keeps paying that price, it'll be the norm for all dlc. Just a thought...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Yeah I know the deal with getting the mods on to xbox, and yeah ibe got the better graphics, water, reflections, more trees with better foliage, no lie I walked past a tree and the mushrooms and foliage etc at a quick glance looked real. I'll post a screen later if get the chance as I couldn't resist taking some pics.
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #35
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Maybe they are worth the $20 but if everyone keeps paying that price, it'll be the norm for all dlc. Just a thought...
DLCs already have a variation of price... would you think it would be fair to have Dragonborn for only 800 pts? Even 1200? That DLC was worth 2000 pts easily compare to the scrap other DLC are that cost 1200...

Its worth 50 hours of gamepay so yeah i think its worth its price.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #36
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Companies will always price to what the market can bear
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #37
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
DLCs already have a variation of price... would you think it would be fair to have Dragonborn for only 800 pts? Even 1200? That DLC was worth 2000 pts easily compare to the scrap other DLC are that cost 1200...

Its worth 50 hours of gamepay so yeah i think its worth its price.
Just keep watching. Soon, 1600msp will be the norm, not the exception. Especially when next gen games will increase by $10.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #38
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Quote:
Just keep watching. Soon, 1600msp will be the norm, not the exception. Especially when next gen games will increase by $10.
If you paid attention, all major expansions are priced at the 1200-1600 mark. It does suck that things go up in price, but you probably should remember Shivering Isles being pricey as well, an Expansion that is still arguably one of the best on the market still, or Lair of the Shadow Broker.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #40
ByakuyaSZ

CRiiMZuN F00L's Gamercard
Quote:
Not really, I doubt 1600 will be the norm. Maybe for expansions such as dawnguard, dragonborn, ect. regardless if we think they suck or not, they are still considered expansions. Why do you think next gen games will increase by $10? They have a good market right now with games being $60 and I don't think they'd increase that.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #41
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByakuyaSZ View Post
Not really, I doubt 1600 will be the norm. Maybe for expansions such as dawnguard, dragonborn, ect. regardless if we think they suck or not, they are still considered expansions. Why do you think next gen games will increase by $10? They have a good market right now with games being $60 and I don't think they'd increase that.
They have increased every generation claiming increased costs for production. Sega Genesis cartridges used to be $40, xbox $50, xbox360 $60. May I save this to a file and quote you in the future concerning the 1600msp? ;-)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #42
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
They have increased every generation claiming increased costs for production. Sega Genesis cartridges used to be $40, xbox $50, xbox360 $60. May I save this to a file and quote you in the future concerning the 1600msp? ;-)
Take a look at these ad scans from Toys R Us from 1996. Specifically the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo page. Some of the Super Nintendo games were going for $69.99, and then come back and tell me we're overpaying for games now. So if the standard price for next-gen games ends up being $70.00, nobody should complain, inflation-wise it's overdue.

http://kotaku.com/5969266/toys-r-us-...land/gallery/1
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #43
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Damn i must be full of shit then because i had no major bug in skyrim so far... couple freezes, couple misc quest bugs, but nothing game breaking...

And Dragonborn to me is worth 2000 pts... easily. Thats is if you play it properly... because yeah if you only rush the "main quest" its very short, but exploring solstheim and doing all the other quest... lots of gaming fun time.
Im with you man, no major glitches etc... just stuck quest items in my inventory, nothing game breaking. Just recently finished with moving to another state, so tonight begins my questing yet again, bleeding into Sat, and then Sunday. This will be grand.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #44
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Prices have already started going up, about 3 years ago a new 360 game would have been launched at £39.99 whereas now some are launched at £44.99. Games on Demand sells new titles for even more, some over £50.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #45
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Well I guess Mr. Ben Miller is a stupid sack of shit. Lol, late post, but we have to give the man his due credit.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 AM   #46
reeboker

pikysek's Gamercard
It's just money (plain paper) and people keep arguing over it. For fuck's sake, how can the conversation about future DLC's turn to money talk