PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #31
RocketHarmony

PakoRawr's Gamercard
It seems interesting. I never did like the first Tomb Raider games, but I enjoyed Legend alot.

Dream on until Your dreams come true.
Looking to boost: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Injustice, Halo: Reach, Gears Of War Judgment. (Add me: PakoRawr)
RocketHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
_Nosferatu_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketHarmony View Post
It seems interesting. I never did like the first Tomb Raider games, but I enjoyed Legend alot.
Then this one is right up your alley.
_Nosferatu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketHarmony View Post
I just hope they don't disappoint many of us hardcore fans. I've enjoyed every one of them so far and this is a day one purchase for me.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #34
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well, with the news officially announced today (surprised nobody had posted anything before -- http://www.oxmonline.com/our-next-is...ts-multiplayer), I'm not sure how I feel about multiplayer in TR. However, I felt the same way about MP in Mass Effect, but that turned out pretty good. Guess we'll see how it turns out in a little over two months.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #35
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard

(courtesy NeoGAF)

Sums up my fears/opinions as of today. Will still give it a chance, but it's no longer an automatic day 1 purchase.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
_Nosferatu_

What a depressing .gif... :/
_Nosferatu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
MasterDef

MF DEF's Gamercard
ive never played any of these games, but to be honest im going to pick this one up because Laura is HOT
MasterDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #38
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Don't recall the older games very fondly, remember them being more annoying and boring then anything else.

Curious about this game though, from the story perspective it seems a lot more interesting as I'm a sucker for backstory and have a large amount of respect for strong female leads as an escape from our usual super-soldier fodder. Seeing how Lara grows up into the ultimate ass kicker will hopefully be cool. Samus Aran has always been one of my favourite female badasses. Even playing RPG's growing up I always chose female characters to use. Finding the Metroid room in Singularity made me laugh my ass off

As for MP, it's not a make or break on a buy for me.

I'd be more interested if it was like ME3's co-op squad defense/survival mode against AI, would give that a shot. PvP TDM and the like? NO. If I pick this game up it will be for the same reasons as the Assassin's Creed series: campaign only. Didn't even touch the MP in those as much as I love the AC series.

Frankly having MP in a game that has generally been single player is a cop-out on future DLC. Allows them to make map packs by recycling level content assets rather than making new story based levels, which although are admittedly harder to do, with new writing and new voice-overs, but still far more interesting than maps and character skins that won't get used.

Gears of War 3 I'm glaring squarely at YOU!!!

This is presuming a lot I admit but with PvP MP comes map and skin packs. In the long run I'm more likely to buy a story based campaign level for a game than a map pack for a MP mode with a dead or near barren community because everyone is playing Halo, COD or Battlefield. Lost Odyssey came out in 2008 and I still bought the DLC dungeon for that only a few months ago.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #39
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The announcement of Multiplayer does make me sad, however I'll still be buying this game.

One question though, In all the advertisements I'm seeing now, I feel like Crystal Dynamics has increased the New Lara's breast size. Has anyone else noticed this?

When they first announced the new Lara, I was completely enthralled by her new look, especially(Now, don't think this is the only feature I'm focusing on!) her less Ridiculously large Breasts. I was very excited that Crystal Dynamics would make her so much more Realistically. . . Proportioned.

Now it seems like they may have gone back in the other(Wrong, in my opinion) direction. Which does make me very sad.

Is it just me? Or has anyone else noticed?

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote