PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
vphreeze

vertigo phreeze's Gamercard
Solo Singing - getting 5 Spades In last 2 road challanges

ok, so my wife and i are trying to finish up the Road Challenges, and we just have the last 2 on the list to try get enough Spades (120 and 180, respectively) to fully complete them. we seem to do fine until the final gig of each road challenge, where they seem to take away the green meter that we build up for to get the Spades. We can usually get 5 Stars on Hard with no problem, but no Spades on those gigs. on one of our most recent attempts, we picked Nirvana - Territorial Pissings as one of the songs, and we finally got all the Spades on that one. it seems like it worked because there is almost no breaks in the singing, so the yellow meter never had a chance to go down, and then it gave us all 5 Spades at once.

my question is if anyone can tell me some other songs that are good for pulling this off. i think we need 3 to 5 total. we have imported the Rock Band 1, 2, and Blitz songs, and have a ton of DLC. if we don't have the songs already, I don't mind buying a couple more.

and in case anyone is wondering, we don't play online all that much, so we really would like to do this solo.
vphreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
What is the requirement for the spades on those challenges? Knowing exactly what you're going for may make it easier to recommend songs.

As far as songs with constant singing, Cool for Cats (RB2 export) is very fast except for a long break for a guitar/drum solo. It's the End of the World As We Know It (DLC) is also pretty relentless on vocals. Other than that, the only thing I can think of are some of the rap songs. The Beastie Boys' Sabotage (RB1 export) and So What'cha Want (RB2 export) go fairly quickly, and there's an 8-pack of Snoop Dogg songs (DLC), and while I haven't played all of them, I know Drop It Like It's Hot moves fairly quickly, and the rest are probably worth checking out. The only thing about the rap songs is that every line is a talkie part (except a brief 3-line intro to Drop It Like It's Hot), so they're not very challenging. But if you can still have fun with them or just want to get the challenge done, I'd say they're good.

You can find videos of people playing these songs on vocals on YouTube if you want to get an idea of exactly what the song is and how fast it is. I tried to include them in this post, but for some reason I could only embed videos. It wouldn't let me just link to the songs.