PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic Adventure 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Hardest A Rank ?

What was everyone's hardest A rank ?

Mine was Cosmic Wall Hard mode, took me ages to get 100,000 points, very annoying level.

I thought Cannon's Core was going to be the hardest but it actually is a pretty easy level. It helps that when you complete a certain characters level you get to keep their points if you die.

I also remember Biolizard being a lot more difficult, i used to have problems hitting it when it fires those little red ball things at you.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
MiGfire

migfire's Gamercard
Final Rush, mission 1&4. So many instances where I swear I fell THROUGH a rail. Such a broken level for me.
MiGfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Nevando

Nevando's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGfire View Post
Final Rush, mission 1&4. So many instances where I swear I fell THROUGH a rail. Such a broken level for me.
I thought the same thing, but with Final Chase's Gravity. It was dumb :/

Once I found the good places to jump (also the placement of the gold beetle) it was ok. It was the last stage I did for all A-Ranks.
Nevando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Anything to do with the shooting levels. I haven't played a whole lot yet. So far I did A-rank on every level for the treasure hunting and Sonic/Shadow stages. I just suck at playing as Tails or Eggman

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
I love that level, it's my fav on the game.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Shadow Austin 317

Shadow Austin's Gamercard
Radical Highway mission 4 I got it with 10 milliseconds left or route 280 mission 4
Shadow Austin 317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
Solomon Fuere

Solomon Fuere's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Austin 317 View Post
Radical Highway mission 4 I got it with 10 milliseconds left or route 280 mission 4
You could always charge your roll for that. You go a fair bit faster.
Solomon Fuere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Plaidman86

Plaidman86's Gamercard
Definitely the space levels with Sonic and Shadow. And I remember too many times falling through rails. I also disliked the driving stages where you couldn't hit walls and had to beat hard mode which was where you were incredibly pressed for time. Nothing bugged the crap out'a me more than on Tail's level you see the prez's car but you need just one more second to beat it.
Plaidman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
MiGfire

migfire's Gamercard
I guess another level worth mentioning, was Pyramid Cave on hard mode. Wasn't the hardest, but it was difficult, due to ghosts always bouncing around to mess you up on the key A rank areas.
MiGfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #10
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
I guess another level worth mentioning, was Pyramid Cave on hard mode. Wasn't the hardest, but it was difficult, due to ghosts always bouncing around to mess you up on the key A rank areas.
Hated that level, it was so damn frustrating.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #11
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Personally I had more trouble with Cosmic Wall regular than Hard mode. The extra enemies really helped out.

Quote:
That was probably the most frustrating for me as well. Having to drop and pick up the key was annoying because you basically had to stop moving to grab the key again without somersaulting, and then throwing the damn thing was bad too because half the time Sonic would throw it downward.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #12
Zephura

Send a message via Skype™ to Zephura

Zephura's Gamercard
Well I got all A-RANKS on the GameCube, but I thought Crazy Gadget, Mad Space, and Final Chase/Final Rush were the hardest.
Crazy Gadget was just...ugh...on hard mode, especially since I kept dying on that last part with the FisherPrice blocks.
As for Mad Space, I was never great at Rouge's missions, and I just found that stage to be extremely frustrating.
For Final Chase/Final Rush, it just took me forever to get enough points to meet the A-RANK criteria.
Zephura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #13
UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKdawg's Gamercard
That's... a hard one for me to answer.

I more or less tackled the missions from left-to-right on the map on the GCN version. Now I'm tackling the missions in story order.

I don't know which one for me was the hardest, per say, but I can say the following were a BITCH to A-Rank:

Radical Highway - Missions 1, 4, and 5 - for some reason, I often was about 1000-2000 points short.

Route 101 and 280 - Every friggin' mission, ESPECIALLY Mission 4. You know, the one that makes you restart if you barely scrape any wall.

Knuckles' and Rouge's Mission 4's - Especially on the ARK. Don't like the random aspect with a time limit. I found Hard Mode to be the easier mission since the objects you search for are always in the same place.

Tails' and Eggman's Mission 4's - Well, they were until I got used to the slower movement.

I'd say that's about it, A-Rank wise.
UnseatingKDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Angrym0nkey

An9rYM0Nk3y 238's Gamercard
Almost have all the A-ranks done, but from what I've played so far breaks down like this:

Sonic: Crazy Gadget (hate this level the most, nothing worst then finally getting to the last part of the level only to miss a ledge or make a bad jump that causes you to be sucked out into space)

Shadow: Final Chase (only applies to hard mode: the gravity drums can be kinda wonky at times and the artificial chaos in certain spots are a real pain in the ass)

Knuckles: all them were pretty easy except some slight hiccups on meteor herd

Rouge: Mad Space (2nd most hated level, the gravity on this level keep messing things up especially on hard where the camera and controls decided to flip and become unresponsive under the spherical planet)

Tails & Eggman: None, these ones were fun and relatively easy only some of them I had to play over again

about 9 A-ranks from being all the way done, hope to be done soon

Last edited by Angrym0nkey; 01-16-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Angrym0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
njdevils17

MVDEVILS17's Gamercard
My last A rank was hard mode for Cosmic Wall. It wasn't so much that it was a hard level, but it was an incredibly long level. Somehow I managed to get all 461 rings on it. I was shocked when it said "perfect."

But I really despise Knuckles and Rouge levels. My roommate, however, is really good at them so he did them. I never liked those levels as a kid and I still don't like them. The Sonic and Shadow levels are way more fun and even the Tails/Eggman ones are decent.

New Jersey Devils 2012 Eastern Conference Champs
New York Giants 07-08 and 11-12 Super Bowl Champs

njdevils17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #16
batsman13 ateam

Batsman13 ATeam's Gamercard
Crazy gadget, mission 4

Because of that this is the hardest game in history, theres no game that even close to this hellish insanity
Sega wants you to suffer, and they have feelings of intense hatred to you, thats why they made this level

Seriously this is more insane than beating all halo levels on mythic
batsman13 ateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #17
Danny the hero

Danny the hero's Gamercard
This achievement is impossible....
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsman13 ateam View Post
Crazy gadget, mission 4

Because of that this is the hardest game in history, theres no game that even close to this hellish insanity
Sega wants you to suffer, and they have feelings of intense hatred to you, thats why they made this level

Seriously this is more insane than beating all halo levels on mythic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny the hero View Post
This achievement is impossible....
Come on you two, it's not that bad
Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #19
sparrowkillaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
Come on you two, it's not that bad

Oh yes, yes it is that bad! LOL

As for me, I'm in complete agreement with Crazy Gadget..... Never again!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #20
AvengedWerehog

AvengedWerehog's Gamercard
Hard..... thats a hard one to say XD I completed the ori gamecube ver a long time ago so playing this again wasn't that hard. The kart ones were hard to me before. SO was cosmic wall. But this time, cosmic wall hard mode was the easiest one here. Weird how things change
AvengedWerehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #21
NerdExtraordinaire

TheSilverVixy's Gamercard
I always thought Rouge's Final level's timed mission was the hardest A rank. I never had many problems with the Sonic/Shadow stages and the Tails/Eggman ones were simple enough once you learned where to combo on each stage, but the randomness added in with that particular level's confusing layout and the time limit? Ouch, that was the reason I never got all A ranks back on the GameCube version of this game.
NerdExtraordinaire is offline   Reply With Quote