PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #61
JimL2112

JimL2112's Gamercard
At last, muhahahahahahaaa!!!

How I unlocked Pitcher Play-Style:
REQUIREMENTS:
A. 5 thrown knife kills (yes you can use an axe etc, but knife throws fastest)
B. You must be in Stealthy Mode (merely crouched) when you make the throw.
c. DO NOT become detected! Watch your Score to make sure "Spotted" equals Zero! If you get a negative score you must reload checkpoint and start over!
WHERE: On Level 2 "King Of Chinatown"
First, you need a Knife...
(1) One to get is by the poisonous fish: head straight to back of map along left path and make two rights after seeing the open trap doors. There are two food vendors there, a Chinese man, and an Afro-American girl. The knife is by the girl, easy to get. Remember to sheath it quickly using !
(2) Another knife is at the food vendor closest to the King's Pagodas/Gazebo area.
(3) A Fillet Knife is at the back left area of the map near where the King eats, in the right-hand cooking area (King's food is in the left area), it is a "trespassing" area, so enter crouched, do not let cops see you enter, get fillet knife and get out quick.
WHO TO KILL:
Victim #1: Policeman by the sports car -- 2nd left after entering map. Approach him slowly, pause by the Bottle, he will proceed around to the left and up some stairs. Follow him, crouch, and throw knife when he is 3/4 of the way to top of stairs. Drag his body to top of stairs, no-one will find him. Recover knife.
Victim #2: Policeman watching TV -- in the alley to Drug Dealer's apartment. Sabotage the fuse box, then immediately cross the alley and stand facing the bicycle by the Bottle. After cop passes you by to fix fuse box, walk up 1 flight of stairs and around corner. Wait for cop to return to watching TV, go down, crouch, and throw knife. Recover knife and hide body in the box on the stair landing.
Victim #3: Drug Dealer -- Watching from Drug Dealer's apartment window patiently, soon the Dealer will lead King to the lines of cocaine. Of course before they see you hide in the upright cabinet opposite from the windows. Peek out. After King snorts his candy, he will leave, and Dealer will smoke a few puffs of a cigarette, throw that down, and then lean out of the open window. Exit the hiding place, crouch and throw the knife. Warning!!! This will alert King who was passing underneath, and must have heard the death cry. Quickly hide the Dealer's body in the chest and hide in the upright cabinet.
Victim #4: King -- he has returned to apartment, will look around, and seeing nothing he will lean out the open window. Exit cabinet, crouch, throw, recover knife, and hide body.
Victim #5: Food vendor -- in the stall below the Drug Dealer's apartment window. Stand back as far as possible while aiming throw and still getting the red target marker.

I tried many times before coming on this solution, it worked for me. Now that pesky Spook Play-Style which eludes me and Achievement time!
JimL2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #62
Trunks KPH

Trunks KPH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
As for Bank Robber, I've taken so many hostages, enemies/civilians, got kills with it, let the enemies kill the shield etc., I'm stumped :/

As for the list:

Can be done on Easy difficulty and most likely have to be done during a mission separately.

Needle Pumper - Conduct stealth kills with syringe.
Undertaker - Hiding pacified bodies in body dumps.
Piano Man - Commit fibre-wire kills
Reaper Man - Accrue kills from point-shooting
Sandman - Commit choke-holds
Dynasty Warrior - Commit kills with the katana.
Dynamite Harry - Commit kills with remote explosives
Gunslinger - Commit kills with a revolver.
Bartender - Commit kills with drink bottles.
Champion - Commit kills with bare-handed combat.
Berserker - Commit kills with the fire axe.
Brutus - Stealth kill with a knife.
Viking - Commit kills with wood clubs (golf clubs)
Tank - Have 47 take damage from enemy attacks.
Pitcher - Commit sharp object throw-kills.
Spook - Eliminate enemies with a silenced handgun.
Jinx - Commit kills via accidental means.
Maestro - Commit kills with a sniper rifle
Glass Cannon - Commit kills with a shotgun
Bank Robber - Take hostages and get them killed by enemies.
I did not do Brutus with Stealth, Grabbed the Knife next to the Katana in Chinese New Year and went to Town on the Crowd. Just like with the Katana.
Trunks KPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
DBZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Apologies for the double post, but I figured it out. I asked one of the people who has 1000GS in the game, and they stated that I should use the knife in the kitchen of Diana's mansion in the tutorial. I believe "undetected" means that you have to kill five in a row with a thrown weapon without anyone spotting bodies.

I killed the chef when the guard left (1), went upstairs and killed the guard posted by the railing (2), and hid both of their bodies. I opened the shutters on the second floor, and waited for the agent in the suit to arrive and killed him before he reached the railing (3). I then went downstairs into the hallway that is closest to the kitchen (that leads you to looking at the piano), and killed the lone guard that wasn't staring out the window (4). I then threw the knife at the guard by the piano (5) which counted as the last one before guards noticed his body.

Now, my problem: it gave me the 'Pitcher' play style - the last one I needed - yet no achievement. Any ideas??
I did this as you said and it unlocked Pitcher and Brutus for me .
DBZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #64
DBZ1

I seem to be stuck in unlocking "Reaper man" and "Spook"can't seem to get them to unlocked.

Any tips? Or ideal levels to try them on? Need this last achievement for 1000

Last edited by DBZ1; 12-15-2012 at 04:03 PM.
DBZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #65
Trunks KPH

Trunks KPH's Gamercard
Reaper Man & Spook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ1 View Post
I seem to be stuck in unlocking "Reaper man" and "Spook"can't seem to get them to unlocked.

Any tips? Or ideal levels to try them on? Need this last achievement for 1000
For Reaper Man load Chinese New Year in Hunter & Hunted and walk out and mark as many civilians as you can in the crowd. May take a couple of tries and make sure you have enough instinct.

For Spook I did it in the Vixen Club. There is silenced pistol in the office with the evidence. Use the ledge outside and go through the window to get in. Then just pick random bouncers like in the Gents, the guy next to the door after the dancing booths etc. Just make sure you are not seen so choose wisely on the targets and wait until they are isolated. You need to make sure you have the gun out and approach from the back to the button prompt as it is not just silently shooting a target from afar. I think you only need 3 or 5 can't remember.

Hope it helps

Last edited by Trunks KPH; 12-16-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Trunks KPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #66
Kisushima

Kisushima's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks KPH View Post
For Reaper Man load Chinese New Year in Hunter & Hunted and walk out and mark as many civilians as you can in the crowd. May take a couple of tries and make sure you have enough instinct.

For Spook I did it in the Vixen Club. There is silenced pistol in the office with the evidence. Use the ledge outside and go through the window to get in. Then just pick random bouncers like in the Gents, the guy next to the door after the dancing booths etc. Just make sure you are not seen so choose wisely on the targets and wait until they are isolated. You need to make sure you have the gun out and approach from the back to the button prompt as it is not just silently shooting a target from afar. I think you only need 3 or 5 can't remember.

Hope it helps
FYI I confirm it's 3. And yeah, what you said buddy about being afar. He comes up from behind, puts one in the back and catches them to put them to the ground. Thank you for the advice!

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #67
Fnerk

Send a message via MSN to Fnerk

Fnerk's Gamercard
Ok, so I unlocked all the Play Styles but the achievement didn't pop. Should I just make a new save and try to get them all again? Or should I just try to recreate the conditions for each again?
Fnerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #68
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnerk View Post
Ok, so I unlocked all the Play Styles but the achievement didn't pop. Should I just make a new save and try to get them all again? Or should I just try to recreate the conditions for each again?
Same thing just happened to me... Unlocked my last play style and no achievement.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #69
JackBauer24

Can't unlock Reaper. Did it on Hard difficulty, headshots only, cops only, and it still won't unlock.

"When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again."
JackBauer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #70
Jesushatesteve

Jesushatesteve's Gamercard
i think that for a lot of them eg pitcher, bank robber, you have to remain undetected while getting them. Welcome to hope is good for bank robber, take out cop with a human shield/knockout then throw bottle etc in the bathroom corner so other guys come in(no homo)
Jesushatesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #71
A.Coventry

TBR I Covo's Gamercard
I think I may habe figured it out I believe that you can only unlock one play style per level e.g. on "Birdie's Gift" if you get the revolver one you can't get the point shooting one. Once again not 100% sure but I have managed to get all 20 this way as in doing one each on each level and I know there is 20 levels but each level has certain chapters.

Also when you go on level select look at the chapters of a level and if it says technique upgrade available then do one on that and obviously certain ones can only be done on certain levels so I think they incorporated that in just a thought worked for me but give it a go and let me know!

EDIT: 2/2 On attempts to do get "Sandman" and "Viking" on doing on levels with techniques available underneath them.

EDIT 2: Now believe you just have to guess which level you haven't got ones on because just got another but didn't say "Technique Upgrade Available" to sum I think you can only get one per level excluding ones where you need certain levels.

Last edited by A.Coventry; 01-13-2013 at 08:24 PM.
A.Coventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #72
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

I'm pretty sure you can't complete challenges on easy. So if That's what you guys are doing it on, try putting it on normal an see if that helps..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #73
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

The play styles are definitely acting goofy. I should have more unlocked than I do. I'm starting to think you have to finish the play style on that level. Like, you can't get 2 subdues on one level then get 1 more on another level. They have to be on the same level..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote