Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
A little update for you

You know how some days you just get soooooo excited about new stuff, and you run to tell your friends, and along the way maybe a little mistake slips through? Yeah, that happened to me. So basically I misinterpreted what one person said and then charged forward all happy to tell you guys, but I was kinda wrong. The issue is the micro guide awards and what they get awarded for. Specifically I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
In addition we added 6 new awards for what we think of as micro games. Micro games are the - typically free - games that are available that have fewer than 200 gamerscore available. Many of the free games available for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Kinect Labs fall into this category. For these games, the guides and road maps are typically so small that we decided to create this special group of awards just to track them.
This statement is correct, but not 100% accurate. The micro guides were also intended to be earned from guides and road maps for DLC, and considering how many games there are with DLC I am guessing this will soon become one of the more common awards to see on someones profile. So hey, my apologies, and I will try not to let it happen again. Emphasis on "try".

My guess is that the guide team is WAY to busy to do anything much in the way of retroactive changes of awards based on DLC guides already submitted, but I am sure they will let all of us know if they get bored and decide to do so. In addition, there are occasional instances where DLC is so huge and complex that the guide for it approaches or exceeds that of a normal game, and the guide team may at their discretion award credit for a full guide in those instances.

As long as I have your attention (and since this is my 5,000th post) I would like to point you toward the little competition going on between many of the subscribers and staff members. The discussion thread is here and the scoring thread is here. I keep updating my signature (although I ran out of time yesterday, sorry guys!) with the top five scores, but the competition hasn't even been going for two weeks yet and the top five competitors have completed almost 150 games. All competitors combined are over 200 games completed, which is far in excess of what I thought was going to be possible in the entire month! Feel free to go give them some love, because they are earning it!

Finally, in the Representers forum this thread is talking about redefining the criteria to be an official x360a Representer. Input from all is welcome, so if you have missed it, please chime in.

Enough from me for now. Off to create post 5,001 somewhere!

Cheers!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
So will there now be a "Award Tracking: Micro G & R" forum too?

Also thanks for the update on this, I've been waiting to see how it would unfold.
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I thought DLC would be included in the micro guides award for some reason. I suppose DLC for games like Skyrim and Fallout will cause a bit of discussion regarding if it's a micro or a full.

Wow over 200 completions in about 13 days didn't think it was that much.
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
I thought DLC would be included in the micro guides award for some reason. I suppose DLC for games like Skyrim and Fallout will cause a bit of discussion regarding if it's a micro or a full.

Wow over 200 completions in about 13 days didn't think it was that much.
haha, how could you not know theres that many. half of em' are yours

also, i hope that all DLC is micro guide, then, given that i have 1 guide for skyrim: dragonborn, which could be argued is bigger than the average DLC, but my other 2 are only for smaller DLC's, so if dragonborn is a normal size one and my other 2 are micro guides, then i wont have either of the guide awards. dont want that happening
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
So will there now be a "Award Tracking: Micro G & R" forum too?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
also, i hope that all DLC is micro guide, then, given that i have 1 guide for skyrim: dragonborn, which could be argued is bigger than the average DLC, but my other 2 are only for smaller DLC's, so if dragonborn is a normal size one and my other 2 are micro guides, then i wont have either of the guide awards. dont want that happening
@Grifter: No there won't be a new forum, it will be implemented within the Current G&R Tracking.

@Scotty: We have you counted for writing at least 7 published guides so far
I can't see you ending up without at least a bronze. We are in discussion about this so I will get back to you .

Big thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding while we consistently refine this new system.

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by * Clueless * View Post
@Scotty: We have you counted for writing at least 7 published guides so far
I can't see you ending up without at least a bronze. We are in discussion about this so I will get back to you .
nice, good to know then so i assume then that roadmaps for DLC is added to micro count, instead of the 'roadmap' count.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I think all the good you've done in the past couple of months will offset this one little slip up. Keep at it, we appreciate it Creech.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I guess a road map for bigger DLC's would equal out to full guide for these tiny games anyway lol though I can already see these Micro guides becoming popular on the site.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Sounds good, are we patiently waiting, or should we be posting updates in the Guides & Awards forums for these awards?
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
So, long ago I wrote a roadmap that covered the game and all of it's dlc which totals 3 dlc packs. The game was Burnout Paradise. So how many times would something like that count towards the roadmap award now and how many times towards micro awards (noting that someone completely different did the guide)? Differentiating between all these different sizes just seems a little complex...

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I think that is what the guide team has to decide! Let Creech do some delegation...
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Sounds good, are we patiently waiting, or should we be posting updates in the Guides & Awards forums for these awards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
So, long ago I wrote a roadmap that covered the game and all of it's dlc which totals 3 dlc packs. The game was Burnout Paradise. So how many times would something like that count towards the roadmap award now and how many times towards micro awards (noting that someone completely different did the guide)? Differentiating between all these different sizes just seems a little complex...
So I don't know that we are planning on going back and retroactively changing things. It may happen, but if it does I doubt it would be immediately. The micro awards are for DLC going forward, and then games that are less than 200 GS since those are easy to flip in our records as there are so few of them.

However, let's give the guide team a bit to shake things out and then I am sure we will get more details out to everyone.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
nice, good to know then so i assume then that roadmaps for DLC is added to micro count, instead of the 'roadmap' count.
Yes, any guide or roadmap for DLC counts as micro. The only time it will be awarded under Roadmap is in the rare instance that the DLC is massive and we think that it should count as a full Roadmap.

Also, congratulations on the 5,000 posts Creech!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Looking good. However for the award tracking stuff, not everything is published to the home page and it's not being tracked via tracking forums. How can we make sure we have the right numbers for our name? I thinking namely colored tiles and avatar awards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Looking good. However for the award tracking stuff, not everything is published to the home page and it's not being tracked via tracking forums. How can we make sure we have the right numbers for our name? I thinking namely colored tiles and avatar awards.
The tracking may not be up to date with previously published G&R's/Tiles/Avatar Awardables before the the Guides & Awards forum went live. If you have info we don't please use the various Update request Threads. Don't use these to ask for updates of guides you've recently submitted and had published. They will be updated within a week or two since publication.

On my iPad right now, will provide links to these threads later.
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by * Clueless * View Post
The tracking may not be up to date with previously published G&R's/Tiles/Avatar Awardables before the the Guides & Awards forum went live. If you have info we don't please use the various Update request Threads. Don't use these to ask for updates of guides you've recently submitted and had published. They will be updated within a week or two since publication.

On my iPad right now, will provide links to these threads later.
Well I have requested updates and listed the names of the stuff after the awards went live. They just don't seem to be updated. For me or anyone else. I'm just asking out of curiosity. It just seems that the most efficient way would be for the one to add the guide or tile to update it for the users name. I'm not trying to seem rude so I hope you guys don't take it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
It appears you threw out too much information and this has (so far) been overlooked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Finally, in the Representers forum this thread is talking about redefining the criteria to be an official x360a Representer. Input from all is welcome, so if you have missed it, please chime in!
The quicker we get feedback, the quicker we can make changes to get approved!
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #18
jtmolloy93

Rooster Ring's Gamercard
Sounds good.
jtmolloy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It's great to see these frequent updates from the staff... especially you, Creech. It's nice to know what's going on and what's new, something I think we sorely lacked in the past (both new things and updates about those new things when we did get them). Keep up the great work!

Also, congrats on the 5,000 posts. You got the 2,500 post award just in time to change it
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
It appears you threw out too much information and this has (so far) been overlooked:

The quicker we get feedback, the quicker we can make changes to get approved!
Yes would love to this Grifters idea implemented.