Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #31
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
When you view your profile, you can check under the "Statistics" tab. All the way at the bottom under General Information. You currently have one.

Edit: -sigh-
Sorry bro
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #32
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Thanks guys. Can't believe I missed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #33
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83" and "Stallion83", which are both fake banned users with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy. His actual account doesn't even have 5 referrals, yet some fake one has like 27.

I wonder if anyone put "Maka91" instead of my username...

Anyways, congrats to all those who received theirs today.

Last edited by Maka; 01-14-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #34
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83", a fake banned user with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy.

Or the other fake Stallion account, "Stallion83." That person got a gold referral award.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83" and "Stallion83", which are both fake banned users with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy. His actual account doesn't even have 5 referrals, yet some fake one has like 27.

I wonder if anyone put "Maka91" instead of my username...

Hahahaha! Clearly I was in zombie mode and wasn't checking to see if they were valid accounts or not. Ah well, gives me something else to go clean up.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #36
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Great to see the first of the new set of awards being handed out already. Think I only have 2 referrals and not a clue who they are lol.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #37
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Is the forum for the site referrals up already ?
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #38
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
Is the forum for the site referrals up already ?
I don't believe there will be a forum for that. Why would there be? Referrals are tracked as a statistic on your profile, and when you get the appropriate amount of them you'll be granted the award. If you have the appropriate amount for an award and haven't been given it, you can request it in the appropriate thread here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=245975

...I used the word appropriate a few times
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #39
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I don't believe there will be a forum for that. Why would there be? Referrals are tracked as a statistic on your profile, and when you get the appropriate amount of them you'll be granted the award. If you have the appropriate amount for an award and haven't been given it, you can request it in the appropriate thread here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=245975

...I used the word appropriate a few times

Just asking cause I had read on here that they were going to make a separate thread to have the people "I" refered to x360a confirm that "I" did refer them. Since the people "I" referred never put my name down when they were signing up for x360a.
I just had 2 more people sign up, and they put my name as a referral, but it does not reflect in my profile. I should exactly '5 referrals' right now.

...Haha I noticed you did
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Just asking cause I had read on here that they were going to make a separate thread to have the people "I" refered to x360a confirm that "I" did refer them. Since the people "I" referred never put my name down when they were signing up for x360a.
I just had 2 more people sign up, and they put my name as a referral, but it does not reflect in my profile. I should exactly '5 referrals' right now.

...Haha I noticed you did
Ohhh I gotcha. I was not aware we were doing anything like that (hadn't read it anywhere) but I must have overlooked it. That is probably good that we are doing a check rather than just automatically assuming that referrals are legitimate. If you don't mind me asking (since I'd rather be informed than sound like a dolt), where did you hear about that forum?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Quote:
Ohhh I gotcha. I was not aware we were doing anything like that (hadn't read it anywhere) but I must have overlooked it. That is probably good that we are doing a check rather than just automatically assuming that referrals are legitimate. If you don't mind me asking (since I'd rather be informed than sound like a dolt), where did you hear about that forum?

I was looking for the thread in the forums, but couldn't find it, not sure if the thread got deleted or if individual posts get deleted after a few days.
I read it sometime last week. When I guess the new awards for this year were shown. Not sure if that helps. I will keep looking for the thread and I will link it in this comment.

EDIT: Its actually in the beginning of this thread. Read the first couple comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Damn, was hoping the referral awards would use the same numbers as achievement tiles. I have many referrals but only one listed me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Well when the nominations thread gets posted up, spam the people who didn't refer you and get them to put your name down!

Last edited by MeonOner; 01-14-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #42
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Now I'm slightly confused. What Nozza said sounds like a thread for people to refer you who simply didn't do so when they filled out their application for membership to the forum. Is it that or is it "proof" of referrals? Or both?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #43
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Quote:
Now I'm slightly confused. What Nozza said sounds like a thread for people to refer you who simply didn't do so when they filled out their application for membership to the forum. Is it that or is it "proof" of referrals? Or both?
To me I understood it as a thread for you to go and type in the names of the users you refereed (who did not fill out the 'referred' portion of the membership application), that way an x360a staff can check with that user to see if they were really referred by you.

Also I have another question: What is a micro guide ?

Last edited by MeonOner; 01-14-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Creech posted an Announcement on it here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=415508.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #45
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Creech posted an Announcement on it here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=415508.
Thanks a lot!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #46
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
To me I understood it as a thread for you to go and type in the names of the users you refereed (who did not fill out the 'referred' portion of the membership application), that way an x360a staff can check with that user to see if they were really referred by you.
I see. That makes sense.
Quote:
Just like Saiyu linked to, it's essentially guides for "smaller", sub-200 point games as well as DLC depending upon its size/complexity.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #47
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Quote:
I see. That makes sense.

Just like Saiyu linked to, it's essentially guides for "smaller", sub-200 point games as well as DLC depending upon its size/complexity.
That's why I was inquiring to see if there was or is going to be such a thread for the "Referral" awards.

Yea after reading the post it makes sense. Micro = very small. And usually those free Kinect games or free Windows game are maxed out at 50, so I thought it was cool how they made a separate award for those type of games.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #48
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Yea after reading the post it makes sense. Micro = very small. And usually those free Kinect games or free Windows game are maxed out at 50, so I thought it was cool how they made a separate award for those type of games.
Agreed, it's nice to see a separate award for them. I might actually be motivated to write a guide for something like that too, since I doubt they take half as much time as a regular guide and my time is stretched pretty thin usually
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #49
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
I know someone (maybe Nozza?) suggested a thread like this, but currently that is all it is...a suggestion. I don't want you to think I am shooting anything down, but I also don't want to leave this out here as a "definite" when that is not the case.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #50
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I know someone (maybe Nozza?) suggested a thread like this, but currently that is all it is...a suggestion. I don't want you to think I am shooting anything down, but I also don't want to leave this out here as a "definite" when that is not the case.
Thanks for chiming in on that, we needed the clarification.

So the referral system for now is just as it stands, I take it? Then there has to be an explanation for poor MeonOner's profile missing the two referrals then... like, does it take a while to update? Does a mod/admin have to confirm the new person's account for it to be added to the number referrals? etc. I guess I should be asking MeonOner if they actually put his name down or not

Either way it's trivial, we are just talking about a picture under someone's profile here. The more important part is that new people are making their way to the site. I just like to understand how everything works I guess... it's the way I am.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #51
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Quote:
I understand, thanks Creech. I just wanted to know if it was a "definite" or "something to look into", either way its not a big deal. I will just keep referring my buddies to the site and just let them know while filling the information just to throw my name under the 'referred' option. I will just keep checking the forums daily for updated news!

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in on that, we needed the clarification.

So the referral system for now is just as it stands, I take it? Then there has to be an explanation for poor MeonOner's profile missing the two referrals then... like, does it take a while to update? Does a mod/admin have to confirm the new person's account for it to be added to the number referrals? etc. I guess I should be asking MeonOner if they actually put his name down or not

Either way it's trivial, we are just talking about a picture under someone's profile here. The more important part is that new people are making their way to the site. I just like to understand how everything works I guess... it's the way I am.
Its not that fact that I am looking for the award picture. Its not a priority or the reason I joined x360a. I always try my best to spread the word to my buddies to join x360a for game news and great tips in unlocking achievements. I was just looking to see if there was something the users before these new award were revealed can do to get some sort of credit for the users we referred, that's all. Creech defiantly cleared things up for the both of us.

But I would like to also know if it take a while to update? Does a mod/admin have to confirm the new person's account for it to be added to the number referrals? etc.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #52
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
But I would like to also know if it take a while to update? Does a mod/admin have to confirm the new person's account for it to be added to the number referrals? etc.
Questions are good. I don't mind them, and if I don't know the answer, I don't mind telling you that either.

In this case, I don't know the answer. I know that as a rule, we as staff don't confirm new accounts. They self-confirm by verifying their email address. The only time we step in is when lots of time goes by and they lose that verification email and then decide they want to participate on the forums.

That being said, we can experiment a bit if you don't mind sharing some information with me. Send me a PM with the names of the people who signed up and put your name down in the referral field. I can look at their profile to verify if they actually did so, and see what state they are in, etc.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #53
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
I know that as a rule, we as staff don't confirm new accounts. They self-confirm by verifying their email address. The only time we step in is when lots of time goes by and they lose that verification email and then decide they want to participate on the forums.
Good to know. Again, I just like to know how everything works... and I'm that way in every aspect of my life.

Quote:
That being said, we can experiment a bit if you don't mind sharing some information with me. Send me a PM with the names of the people who signed up and put your name down in the referral field. I can look at their profile to verify if they actually did so, and see what state they are in, etc.
Thank you for going out of your way to do stuff like this for us. There are so few opportunities for regular folks like us to get an insight into the workings of the site and "help you help us" solve our queries and genuinely make things better.