PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
NewYorkJetsFAN

NewYorkJetsFAN's Gamercard
Angry WTF!!?!?!?!? Auf Wieder-whatever not unlocking? After 3 fucking years!!!

Well I did it, I beat all those stupid ass races (including dumbass boats, helicopters and running races) not once but twice (one time in regular race and one time in GTA race) I beat all team game modes (Team Deathmatch, Mafia, Carjack City, Turf War and Cops N' Crooks as both sides in both game variations in a single match multiple times) the retarded co-op shit, regular deathmatch, mafia stuff and car jack city, I DID EVERYTHING 100% LEGIT NO FUCKING BOOSTING WHATSOEVER NADA Took me 3 fuckin years to get this shit and it didnt pop wtf? Is their glitches associated with this achv that I was not aware of? I even checked the in-game leaderboards multiple times and it says I've won everything, I even checked rockstar social club shit which also says I've won everything FFFFUUUUUCCCKKK

Maybe its sumthin to do with cops n crooks? Cuz that was the last one I needed to do

Plz any help or advice is much appreciated
NewYorkJetsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Lord Goblinboy

Lord Goblinboy's Gamercard
Are the leaderboards ALL showing times? i know i beat bomb the base,( i have fly the co-op) but it does not say i do on the leaderboards, it may be due to dying during the mission.

all i can say is check them again and mark them off on a checklist as you go through them. If not message rockstar and see if they can help. Or just try playing another game of something like deathmatch? sometimes that works.

sorry to hear it hasnt unlocked dude
Lord Goblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Artielang

artielang's Gamercard
It had taken me about 3 years of playing it on and off too and I was praying that it would unlock and it did on the last race. This may be impossible to answer but do you remember finishing any races that were kinda strange? I had put a question mark next to a race I won that I thought was buggy or glitchy and might effect the achievement. Also, someone awhile ago emailed rockstar saying they didnt get the achievement and what they told them is if too many people leave a match, it might show up on the leaderboard that you won the race but it wont count towards the achievement. Hope this helps??
Artielang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
there is no glitched achievements in this game, if you haven't unlocked it, it's because you missed something, most common is COPS & CROOKS, It has to be won in ALL variations! 4 if memory serves correct,
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Vein 666

Vein 666's Gamercard
I know everyone says this isn't glitched, but I think it did for me.

I've boosted every race TWICE and won every variant TWICE. However, I boosted BDB2 and my multiplayer score says i'm in 693,181 place, even with $2,561,800 won with 24,623 kills, played 46 times with 36 completed.

There's about 14 people like this. We're below people that have played that mission and have never completed it. Check for yourself on the SocialClub website. BDB2, ranked, overall. GT: Vein 666
Vein 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
This is why I hate online achievements. I didn't have any problems but I'd be very angry if this were to happen to me. That's why I prefer to boost most of the online achievements insted of going legit.

If you are sure you did everything, then it's obviously a glitch. I don't know what should you do since I've never heard of this before.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
If everyone leaves the match before it fully counts down, you get the win but it doesn't count towards the achievement. I'm not 100% sure about this but i've read it somewhere. This was a bastard of an achievement. ~Glad i did this one, and only have Wanted left than vice-versa.

Reminds me of gozers most wanted on ghostbusters, and that was a bastard as well.

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #8
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer and this seems like a good thread rather than creating a new one. If you win a glitchy race does it still count as a win? Here's what happened:

I got host and started up a helicopter race (Race, not GTA Race) on Buzz the Tower. There were maybe 12 or 13 people in the race total. The race starts, and all of the other players are invisible, but the counter where it says what place you are in still says there are 12 people in the race. I could see some dots on the map for the players (but not one for everybody) as if they were racing, and it said I got passed up a couple times by one guy, etc. I then won the race. After I finished I still couldn't watch anybody else finish the race with the cameras because of the glitch or whatever. A few others finished the race and then the 30 second timer ran out, and I got my money and everything for winning. After the race ended I started searching for another race and I had to quit to the dashboard because the game froze on the loading screen for the next lobby. I checked on the leaderboards and it registered as a win, listed a time, and everything.

Bottom line, except for the invisibility glitch, the race went completely as expected. So would this win count towards Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic? I marked it on my checklist in a way that would remind me that I had this issue so in case I need to I'll remember to go back and do it again. I might just do it again anyways just to make sure. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who can confirm whether this would count or not.

Last edited by bblcreator8790; 08-08-2011 at 05:09 AM.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
mentaljason

Mental Jay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblcreator8790 View Post
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer and this seems like a good thread rather than creating a new one. If you win a glitchy race does it still count as a win? Here's what happened:

I got host and started up a helicopter race (Race, not GTA Race) on Buzz the Tower. There were maybe 12 or 13 people in the race total. The race starts, and all of the other players are invisible, but the counter where it says what place you are in still says there are 12 people in the race. I could see some dots on the map for the players (but not one for everybody) as if they were racing, and it said I got passed up a couple times by one guy, etc. I then won the race. After I finished I still couldn't watch anybody else finish the race with the cameras because of the glitch or whatever. A few others finished the race and then the 30 second timer ran out, and I got my money and everything for winning. After the race ended I started searching for another race and I had to quit to the dashboard because the game froze on the loading screen for the next lobby. I checked on the leaderboards and it registered as a win, listed a time, and everything.

Bottom line, except for the invisibility glitch, the race went completely as expected. So would this win count towards Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic? I marked it on my checklist in a way that would remind me that I had this issue so in case I need to I'll remember to go back and do it again. I might just do it again anyways just to make sure. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who can confirm whether this would count or not.
I had 2 races like that and I got the achievement without redoing them so it should count. But it is good that you have it marked just in case
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
bblcreator8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaljason View Post
I had 2 races like that and I got the achievement without redoing them so it should count. But it is good that you have it marked just in case
Thanks a lot, that's good to hear. I actually went and got another win on it without any glitches or anything just to make sure.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
RIVE

Send a message via MSN to RIVE

RIVE XNGLE's Gamercard
Well, I just did everything two nights ago, and I did not get AWP either.

This worries me as I check, and JetsFAN still doesn't have his achievement...
Old 08-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVE View Post
Well, I just did everything two nights ago, and I did not get AWP either.

This worries me as I check, and JetsFAN still doesn't have his achievement...
The only part of this achievement that would cause people trouble is if everybody quit the race it would not count as a win. As far as I know it also would not show up as a win on the leaderboards.

I wouldn't worry until you check the leaderboards and see a 1 for winning on every track on every race type for Race and GTA Race.

Plus all the other crap like cops n' crooks, etc.

Let us know if you have a win on the leaderboards for every race.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #13
Spun77xLucky Stricke

Spun77xThrasher's Gamercard
Is not to manny people playing races now so find a friend to boost and star over again sorry same shit happend to me i win all the races and i say ok lets do it again fuck boom !!!! First try achievement 1 gta race glitched driving while high good luck !!
Spun77xLucky Stricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
The Ju1ce

Send a message via AIM to The Ju1ce

The Ju1ce's Gamercard
^^ Come on man, use some fucking punctuation.
The Ju1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
bblcreator8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
The only part of this achievement that would cause people trouble is if everybody quit the race it would not count as a win. As far as I know it also would not show up as a win on the leaderboards.
I can confirm this; yesterday I won a regular Race on Heel-and-Toe and I was racing one other guy, I came in first place but he quit before the 30 second timer ran out. I knew that the race win didn't count but I checked the leaderboards anyway and it didn't show a win. I later won the race without everyone quitting and it showed me having one win on the track.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
RIVE

RIVE XNGLE's Gamercard
Eh, I've won on everything according to the leaderboards and the game.

I can only assume I need to Cops 'N Crooks again, as I may have messed up somewhere in there.

Edit: Anyone want to help?

Last edited by RIVE; 09-03-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: shameless boost request
RIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #17
antoinemuller

King Muller NL's Gamercard
just got it

just got the achievement, it popped at the right moment so i am very happy to get the last achievement for GTA4. 1500 Score looks very nice ;-)

good luck to everybody, mark each win on your map and you will be fine
antoinemuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #18
RIVE

RIVE XNGLE's Gamercard
I got mine tonight in a TA session. Looks like I missed Car Jack City. -_-

Whatever, after all my efforts, I have it now.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinemuller View Post
just got the achievement, it popped at the right moment so i am very happy to get the last achievement for GTA4. 1500 Score looks very nice ;-)

good luck to everybody, mark each win on your map and you will be fine
Then why it is only 629 points on your gamercard? As of now, you reached 105 nice points in GTA 4.

OT: the achievement is NOT glitched, simply you missed something. You have to have a list and you have to give extra attention so you won't miss something or won't do something twice.
Also, note if everybody else quits than that round doesn't count as a win. At team based games it is enough if only 1-1 person stays from opposite teams. At races, at least the winner+1 person should be at the very end.
I din't even win in Cops n Crooks in both versions on both sides, and still got the achievement. (on the leaderboards I have only one win for Cops n Crooks)

Last edited by psybOltOn; 10-12-2011 at 10:20 PM.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psybOltOn View Post
Then why it is only 629 points on your gamercard? As of now, you reached 105 nice points in GTA 4.

OT: the achievement is NOT glitched, simply you missed something. You have to have a list and you have to give extra attention so you won't miss something or won't do something twice.
Also, note if everybody else quits than that round doesn't count as a win. At team based games it is enough if only 1-1 person stays from opposite teams. At races, at least the winner+1 person should be at the very end.
I din't even win in Cops n Crooks in both versions on both sides, and still got the achievement. (on the leaderboards I have only one win for Cops n Crooks)
The achievement IS glitched, as a friend of mine went through all the races nearly almost twice over yet EVERYTHING was recorded on the leaderboards. So the achievement did not unlock for him until the middle of his Cannonball run on Regular Race.

TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #21
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
this issue was brought up a looooooong time ago.

I'm sure you played a match where you noticed all the other cars disappeared? And then you won that match. Whatever that match was...it did not count towards your achievement. It will show up on your leaderboards as a win, but will not count toward your achievement.

This happened to me 2 years ago when I did it legit to...so I went back and started playing again and made sure to just quit out if the game looked like it was glitching at all

and psybolton you are wrong here...the achievement is definitely glitched it was brought up almost 3 years ago and they have not been able to figure out a way to fix it. It will count towards your leaderboard but will not save as won for your achievement if a lot of people quit and the game gets buggy, or it is buggy to begin with

Last edited by xxDAMRONxx; 12-02-2011 at 07:53 PM.
xxDAMRONxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #22
TOkazaki

Send a message via Skype™ to TOkazaki

NagisaThePasive's Gamercard
Question

Here's a question:

Let's say that someone has finished first in a GTA race and you need this race on your checklist. So instead of finishing, you decide to get out of your car, spawn kill people, and wait until the guy in first leaves.

He does so, and then you finish the race in first. Does it count then?
TOkazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
FATE KILLER666

FATE KILLER666's Gamercard
Auf wiedersehen petrovic

Im looking for someone to boost this with. Looking at about 10hrs each person. I only need all races. I am free for 4 days str8!! Any one who is deadicaticated enough message me with a hint about this thread.

Fate killer666
uk
FATE KILLER666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
NewYorkJetsFAN

ha I was just looking through my old posts (cant sleep tonight) but yeah I never did get this achievement. Traded in GTA IV awhile ago too. Damn I did all those stupid ass requirements "legit" too, no boosting whatsoever.

But reading these replies and other threads about this achievement being glitchy, it seems the buggy online must have a recorded a win but it was not recorded for the actual achievement. No way I'd do all those races over again anyways LOL. I guess I'll just have to live with not getting it, I was so damn close to completing that game too....smh
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #25
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJetsFAN View Post
ha I was just looking through my old posts (cant sleep tonight) but yeah I never did get this achievement. Traded in GTA IV awhile ago too. Damn I did all those stupid ass requirements "legit" too, no boosting whatsoever.

But reading these replies and other threads about this achievement being glitchy, it seems the buggy online must have a recorded a win but it was not recorded for the actual achievement. No way I'd do all those races over again anyways LOL. I guess I'll just have to live with not getting it, I was so damn close to completing that game too....smh
its not glitched at all, you are simply.. how to put it.. a fucking idiot
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #26
NewYorkJetsFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickspawn View Post
lolwut how am I a fucking idiot....it literally said I won every race on the leader boards.....I remember I even checked multiple times as well and it said I had won every race....so let me ask you how does that NOT make my achievement glitched or make me a fuckin idiot????
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #27
NewYorkJetsFAN

Quote:
OK man so I went on the Rockstar Social Club website just now and checked EVERY ranked gamemode variation (races, gta races, team deathmatch, co-op, etc. whatever) and the site says I have a win for EVERY SINGLE ONE. Since I don't have the achievement for beating all these ranked game modes, yet the official Rockstar site says I have beaten every ranked variation, how the hell is that NOT a glitch?????

I even had a fuckin checklist I printed out and checked off. I made sure too that there was at least one person in the game once races were finished too before I checked off a race. I can show you a pic of that checked off checklist (if I can find it, wherever it is in my room).

Or better yet your dumbass can go look at the Social Club stats yourself you douche, go see for yourself. Technically I could even take pictures of each category as proof the site says I won each race.

Sooo....how am I a fuckin idiot?????
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #28
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJetsFAN View Post
OK man so I went on the Rockstar Social Club website just now and checked EVERY ranked gamemode variation (races, gta races, team deathmatch, co-op, etc. whatever) and the site says I have a win for EVERY SINGLE ONE. Since I don't have the achievement for beating all these ranked game modes, yet the official Rockstar site says I have beaten every ranked variation, how the hell is that NOT a glitch?????

I even had a fuckin checklist I printed out and checked off. I made sure too that there was at least one person in the game once races were finished too before I checked off a race. I can show you a pic of that checked off checklist (if I can find it, wherever it is in my room).

Or better yet your dumbass can go look at the Social Club stats yourself you douche, go see for yourself. Technically I could even take pictures of each category as proof the site says I won each race.

Sooo....how am I a fuckin idiot?????
You're not, this shit is glitched for some folks. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is to keep playing races over until it finally pops =/

TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
NewYorkJetsFAN

Quote:
Yeaaaahhhh.....just as I figured. When provided with PROOF and FACTS that my achievement (or the AWP achievement as a whole) is in fact glitched, you disappear into thin air.

I hate people like you who get big balls all of a sudden on the internet. Just because you're mad you didn't get laid that night, lost your job or are just a loser in general, it does NOT by any means give you the right to go around and be some internet bully or internet tough guy. I hate fags like you who just throw around insults for no reason other than the fact you have internet anonymity and don't have to say something very insulting to someone's face. A particular pet peeve of mine considering in my real life I say things as they are, say it right to their face and am not afraid of face-to-face confrontations, or if need be: a physical fight. So next time you have self-esteem issues go see a therapist or work to improve your quality of life rather than using random internet forum insults as your way of dealing with real-life issues.

Oh yeah and you particularly pissed me off because not getting this achievement after all that work was like three free kicks to my balls from Rockstar. And you insulting me was like another crotch shot. Last thing I need is people calling me a fuckin idiot after I clearly got misled out of an extremely tough and time consuming cheevo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
You're not, this shit is glitched for some folks. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is to keep playing races over until it finally pops =/
Yeah, no fuckin way I'm rebuying this game and retrying every race just to get the one race/gamemode (maybe even more) that glitched, FFFFFFFFUUUCCCKKK THAT

Maybe I should call Rockstar and see if they can see my leaderboard stats and unlock the achievement for me

Last edited by NewYorkJetsFAN; 02-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm just getting back to the game after a few years. I got the Taking it for the team achievement back then, I have since suffered a laptop crash and lost my checklist for AWP. Could someone clarify which modes specifically would have been completed as part of the Taking it for the team Achievement? I'm a little confused even after looking at the guide - the guide says to win Cops/Crooks on both sides, but the leaderboards only say one win for me in that mode, yet I have the Taking it for the team achievement.

Any tips much appriciated.

Last edited by pined5551; 02-20-2013 at 09:21 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote