PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #271
DarkMellie

DarkMellie's Gamercard
Not knowing what Rhea was about on my first playthrough, I killed her.

She wasn't there in NG+ and I presumed that was because I killed Petrus (what can I say, once they have nothing left for me they get dark handed and smacked).

But now, on NG++, I've let Petrus live but Rhea still doesn't appear in the Tomb of the Giants? What have I done wrong?

Only 140G left to pick up, hardest will be Sunbros as no-one ever picks up my boss-summons

Knight's Honour looks a bit tough, I have all the souls required but stuff like the Channelers Trident seem to require some grinding... that or invite my next co-op person to private chat and hope they will drop stuff for me.

Last edited by DarkMellie; 08-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.
DarkMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #272
Mr Fiddler

Mr Fiddler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMellie View Post

She wasn't there in NG+ and I presumed that was because I killed Petrus (what can I say, once they have nothing left for me they get dark handed and smacked).

But now, on NG++, I've let Petrus live but Rhea still doesn't appear in the Tomb of the Giants? What have I done wrong?

Only 140G left to pick up, hardest will be Sunbros as no-one ever picks up my boss-summons

Knight's Honour looks a bit tough, I have all the souls required but stuff like the Channelers Trident seem to require some grinding... that or invite my next co-op person to private chat and hope they will drop stuff for me.
How many sunlight medals do you need and what is your soul level?
Mr Fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #273
jackofblades

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You only need to get Rank 1 for Gravelord and Darkmoon

what is on the guide is incorrect, as I only got Gravelord and Darkmoon to Rank 1 and achivevement came up one picked up the last one

Darkmoon Blade - rank 2 Darkmoon Covenant reward to get rank 1 you will need 10 Souvenir of Reprisal these are found in these places.

Locations

Killing Lautrec by invading his world, in Anor Londo, after he's killed Anastacia, the Firelink fire keeper.

Rare drop from Harpies in the Painted World.

Offer a Pendant to Snuggly the Crow and you will receive a Souvenir of Reprisal in exchange.

Gravelord Great Sword Dance - rank 3 Gravelord Covenant reward(for this you need an item called eyes of death these are found at these areas)You will need to trade in 10 items.

3 are obtainable in The Catacombs, behind a Titanite Demon
3 are in the Tomb of Giants. Behind the 1st bonfire, it's up a by the ladder that goes to the large divine ember.
The Basilisks have a chance to drop them.
Patches the Hyena sells three of them for 3,000 Souls each.

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #274
SuPaDuPaPsychoo

xKyuubiNarutox's Gamercard
However, if you up the level in those covenants, the miracles get stronger.

Retail 100%:5
Arcade 100%:8
SuPaDuPaPsychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #275
SuPaDuPaPsychoo

xKyuubiNarutox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fiddler View Post
How many sunlight medals do you need and what is your soul level?
You need 20 sunlight medals, and Lord Gywn's soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMellie View Post

I'm willing to drop you whatever you need, I have close to three of each.

Retail 100%:5
Arcade 100%:8

Last edited by SuPaDuPaPsychoo; 08-30-2012 at 02:04 AM.
SuPaDuPaPsychoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #276
DarkMellie

DarkMellie's Gamercard
I got your friend request, thanks man

Joined Sunbroa this morning, only needed 20 faith (as I'd had one round as friendly phantom) and had the 10 medals and Gwyn's soul.

Now all I need are weapons (which my new friend will help me with, i'll message you the small list) and then Rhea's miracles. I hope I can find out why she isn't spawning... and either way it will mean I'll have to play NG+++ until I get to her in the Catacomb (which I should be able to do straight away I think?).]

EDIT: Also need Emit Force from Siggy, I did the boulder thing in Sens but never saw him since then. I hope that doesn't need NG+++ as well!

2ND EDIT: Ah, he's in Anor Londo in a place I've never visited (tend to whip through their for the Lord Vessel). Will find him tonight.

Then it's a well deserved 1000G!

Last edited by DarkMellie; 08-30-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #277
Mr Fiddler

Mr Fiddler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPaDuPaPsychoo View Post
You need 20 sunlight medals, and Lord Gywn's soul.
I know what the requirements are, I was asking *him* how many more he needed.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #278
DarkMellie

DarkMellie's Gamercard
It was 10 Sunlight Medals and Gwyn's soul btw

Just found out how to buy from Rhea, meet at Firelink after Capra, then rescue her from TotGs then immediately meet her at the Undead Church where I found the first Firekeeper soul.

Will check Anor Londo for Siegmund later tonight, see if I can get him to move to Firelink.

Le sigh, really would rather spend time playing the PC version but I can smell that 1000!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #279
jackofblades

its only 10 you need

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #280
equailey

equailey's Gamercard
need some serious help gettin materials to modify weapons im level 43
equailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #281
DarkMellie

DarkMellie's Gamercard
Dude, you're level 43... just play the game!

Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #282
equailey

equailey's Gamercard
yeah im level 208 on my nextaccount just tryin to 1000 this as fast as possible with this gt
equailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #283
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If i give a rare item to my friend then complete the game and start a ng+, will it remember that I had the item for the achievement to still unlock?

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #284
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
If i give a rare item to my friend then complete the game and start a ng+, will it remember that I had the item for the achievement to still unlock?

Yes. They are cumulative

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #285
CONAN1

DETECTlVE CONAN's Gamercard
Does the Obsidian Greatsword (from Kalameet's tail) considered as a rare weapon for the achievement?
CONAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #286
Mr Fiddler

Mr Fiddler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONAN1 View Post
Does the Obsidian Greatsword (from Kalameet's tail) considered as a rare weapon for the achievement?
No, you don't need any dlc weapons for the achievement. The weapons you need are listed here:

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/rare-weapons
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #287
CONAN1

DETECTlVE CONAN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fiddler View Post
No, you don't need any dlc weapons for the achievement. The weapons you need are listed here:

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/rare-weapons
Thanks for the confirmation. Kalameet is tough.
CONAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #288
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
The achievement guide needs a notice. Some of the stuff regarding joining covenants has been changed (I'm guessing this guide was put up pre-patch 1.05) and the requirements are actually less than what is listed and it's easier to get all the Miracles now (I initially shuttered when I thought I was going to have to grind for 80 Eye of Death to get to Rank 3 for Gravelord Greatsword Dance... till I read elsewhere the requirement has been lowered to Rank 1, so only 10 are required.... whew!)

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #289
SteelSpoon

BeckR's Gamercard
Thanks!

I just hit 100% by using this guide, thanks man!
SteelSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #290
Dusty2010

Pretty disappointed at soul distribution in NG++ I only get 2,000 more souls for the two guards in dark anor londo than I did in NG+. I need to grind another 18 levels at 132 to get 50 faith and the miracles. Almost there.
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #291
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty2010 View Post
Pretty disappointed at soul distribution in NG++ I only get 2,000 more souls for the two guards in dark anor londo than I did in NG+. I need to grind another 18 levels at 132 to get 50 faith and the miracles. Almost there.
You don't need 50 faith. They changed it to 25 in a past update. The person that made the guide just didn't update it when new patches came out. The requirements for all of the covenant stuff is far more lenient now. Check here if you want more information.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/covenants

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches

Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #292
Dusty2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
You don't need 50 faith. They changed it to 25 in a past update. The person that made the guide just didn't update it when new patches came out. The requirements for all of the covenant stuff is far more lenient now. Check here if you want more information.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/covenants

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches
Oh wow, awesome stuff. I have my 10 sunlight medals too. Luckily killing one of those bugs which has the sunlight maggot dropped one because I have NEVER been able to be summonded online in over 300 hours and one year of playing.

Thanks for the heads up dude!
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #293
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty2010 View Post
Oh wow, awesome stuff. I have my 10 sunlight medals too. Luckily killing one of those bugs which has the sunlight maggot dropped one because I have NEVER been able to be summonded online in over 300 hours and one year of playing.

Thanks for the heads up dude!
No problem. I'm really glad that I checked the wiki when I started playing. Some of those original covenant requirements were insane. 80 Eyes of Death?! No way, it took me long enough to get 10. I'm glad they made the changes like they did. It makes it possible to complete the game's achievements without having to play PvP or co-op.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #294
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
No problem. I'm really glad that I checked the wiki when I started playing. Some of those original covenant requirements were insane. 80 Eyes of Death?! No way, it took me long enough to get 10. I'm glad they made the changes like they did. It makes it possible to complete the game's achievements without having to play PvP or co-op.
Sounds like good stuff. I'm probably gonna be picking this up pretty soon here.

Speaking of PvP, though, I read up on the guide saying that I'd have to be invaded at certain points if I want rare stuff. That's fine and all, but it doesn't specify whether that's by other players or NPCs, since the latter is apparently possible?

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 01-05-2013 at 12:25 PM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #295
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Sounds like good stuff. I'm probably gonna be picking this up pretty soon here.

Speaking of PvP, though, I read up on the guide saying that I'd have to be invaded at certain points if I want rare stuff. That's fine and all, but it doesn't specify whether that's by other players or NPCs, since the latter is apparently possible?
They're talking about NPC invasions by black phantoms. You don't have to be playing in online mode for that to happen. You just have to be in human form at the appropriate time and places. There's plenty of information about them on the wiki if you're interested. If you're not looking for online invasions on your first playthrough, but you'd still like the time stamp on your achievements, then create an xbox live party before you boot up the game. This will allow you to start in offline mode and still be connected to xbox live. Just a fair warning, don't ever join an xbox live party while you're playing the game. Doing that mid session will kick you back to the start screen and cause you to lose any unsaved progress.

Here's a link with information on all of the NPC invasions in the game. It will also explain how they work and where they happen. I hope it helps.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Black+Phantom

Last edited by BloodGodAlucard; 01-06-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #296
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
If you're not looking for online invasions on your first playthrough, but you'd still like the time stamp on your achievements, then create an xbox live party before you boot up the game. This will allow you to start in offline mode and still be connected to xbox live. Just a fair warning, don't ever join an xbox live party while you're playing the game. Doing that mid session will kick you back to the start screen and cause you to lose any unsaved progress.
Eeesh, that's not a fun thought. Especially considering I got friends who spam party invites day in and day out D:

Thanks for the heads up on that C:

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #297
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Eeesh, that's not a fun thought. Especially considering I got friends who spam party invites day in and day out D:

Thanks for the heads up on that C:
No problem. I always make it a point to set my online status to Busy when I'm playing an RPG. Or a game that I'm really in to and don't want to be disturbed. Just explain it to your friends before hand. I'm sure they'll be cool about it.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #298
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Saw reading through the guide [not sure if mentioned] but you don't need a +15 Pyromancy Flame for Quelaana to appear anymore. I just got mine to +10 and she appeared.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #299
DDannoll

Dunno if this will help anyone particularly or be included in the Guide itself, but I'm putting together a comprehensive guide for the game category by category and having a visual tutorial might help people in ways that text can't, so I'll drop the videos in here.

Way of White Covenant GuideLink

Forest Hunter Covenant GuideLink
DDannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #300
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
So what makes this game so difficult.. is it the default difficulty? are there difficulty settings? i'm down for a new challenge once I finish my current RPG.. but what makes this one tick?
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote