PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
Exclamation Workaround to Glitched Achievements!

Hey everyone, I’d like to chime in with what I did to obtain the glitched achievements for now, until they patch this.

I started reading about the glitch after having obtained gold on all USA levels. By all accounts, it seems that the Title Update (not the DLC), is causing this glitch. So after reading about this, I went into the system and deleted ONLY the Title Update. I did NOT delete the whole game, the save file, the system cache or the DLC (still don’t have it yet, actually).

Then I UNPLUGGED my Xbox from the Internet (I use a wired connection because for me it is stronger than wireless). I played offline entirely. You can stay plugged in, just DECLINE the title update and play offline.

I then played through all the levels and, first, got a 1:33 on Japan Level 4, which popped the Sore wa kantan desu achievement, without any problems. I finally golded my last Japan level (that 3rd one was giving me problems!) and the Going For Gold popped without a problem as well.

I cannot confirm that the Title Update is 100% the problem, but I can confirm that having deleted that update, and then playing offline – not having golded all levels yet – the achievements popped for me without any problems.

NOTE: for me, the DLC was not part of the issue, as I have not purchased it yet.

If you have already golded all levels, I cannot really help. But you could try to delete the title update and see if any medals disappeared. If yes, replay those and the achievement should pop. If no medals disappeared, you can try deleting the save file and/or the cache. But I don’t know if that would erase all your medals… but would you rather have the medals, or get the achievement…?

Again, I can only confirm this works if you have not yet golded all levels and do not have the DLC. Delete that nasty Title Update and play offline!!

Good luck!!

Last edited by ShadyShall; 01-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
ShadyShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Owning the dlc is a big part of the problem. I have tried the normal game with no updates or dlc and it still does not work. It's still possible to get around it if you have not played the dlc, but getting times on the new levels kinda breaks it for good.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
Owning the dlc is a big part of the problem. I have tried the normal game with no updates or dlc and it still does not work. It's still possible to get around it if you have not played the dlc, but getting times on the new levels kinda breaks it for good.
Ah ha. See, again, i didnt know that because i played the main game before even considering the DLC (sort of a routine habit).

Well, what works for me stands. The achievements are possible after the title update as long as you:
1. have not golded all levels
2. have not downloaded or played the DLC
3. delete the title update
4. play offline

kind of a rare circumstance I guess... if you are considering getting the game and playing it today, stick to the criteria above and you should get the achievements.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
Angry

A little update:

Last night, I got back online with the game, downloaded the Title Update, and played through all levels online with my buddy and got both online achievements.

I DID NOT have the DLC.

He did and had already gotten the achievements for it. When we played through the online levels, his achievement DID NOT pop.

He deleted the DLC and Title Update, then re-downloaded the Title and we played through the levels again. Still no achievement.

So… if you have not completed the main/original game, DO NOT TOUCH THE DLC!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Ravenousguy

HYBRID HIVE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bah i still can't get them to unlock since i played the dlc!
I really hope they do patch this, but since the next one is out soon i ver much doubt we will see a patch
Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I've downloaded the DLC but haven't played it yet. Is it possible to delete the DLC and still be able the get the online achievements?

EDIT: I deleted the DLC and was able to get the online achievements as well as a few others.

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 03-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Wait... I just got all gold medals, and I can't enjoy my 40 gamerpoints for this reason?
Sh*t!
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
EloyOn

EloyOn's Gamercard
I normally buy the DLC if it's cheap for a game I want to play, but I did not get this one thanks to you guys, since it glitches the original GS of the game.

If you play the game without downloading the DLC (I don't have it) I can confirm that all the achievements pop, even with the title update.

That stands at this day, since I downloaded the game yesterday and finished it today. So if before people with the title update had problems, maybe the devs touched something in the core game, because I have all the achievements and the game is updated (again, I remark that I still don't own the DLC, plan to get it soon).

For the ones that the achievements already gitched on them, people are saying that the patch will be released soon, so, I hope it's true. I guess that they really do want to assure their users that their DLC's really works, because they will release a DLC for CC2, and it's bad ad to have the previous one glitched.

EDIT: Hmmm, CC2 is for Gold members, so, as Happy Wars, will it's DLC also be FREE??? That would be very nice.

Last edited by EloyOn; 06-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.
EloyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
I don't think there's any harm in "purchasing" the DLC for this game (if you haven't gotten those achievements that tend to glitch)... just remove the DLC from your system (either "move" it to a memory card and remove it, or just delete it altogether... since you can re-download it from your download history)!

I don't know if you can purchase the DLC from within the game... but if you do it from the dashboard, then remove it from your console BEFORE you ever play the game... there's no way any data from the DLC can attach itself to your game/gamesave to indicate it is/was present while you played the game!

Also, you should be able to buy the DLC from xbox.com... and if you can't remove it from your download queue on the web site, just cancel the download on the console as soon as it starts, and download it later when you are finished with the original achievements!!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
EloyOn

EloyOn's Gamercard
Indeed, you can purchase a DLC or a game, and download it when you want through your history. But if you don't plan to play a DLC until you finish a game because there is a glitch, why would you want to buy it (unless it's on sale)?
EloyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
busterbob42

busterbob42's Gamercard
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyShall View Post
A little update:

Last night, I got back online with the game, downloaded the Title Update, and played through all levels online with my buddy and got both online achievements.

I DID NOT have the DLC.

He did and had already gotten the achievements for it. When we played through the online levels, his achievement DID NOT pop.

He deleted the DLC and Title Update, then re-downloaded the Title and we played through the levels again. Still no achievement.

So… if you have not completed the main/original game, DO NOT TOUCH THE DLC!!
Same Problem Here Deleted The DLC Still Did Not Pop Even Tried Deleting The DLC + The Title Update And The Game Is Sill Not Working Tried For The Social Climber Achievement 12+ Times With 9 Friends It's BS

Last edited by busterbob42; 07-18-2013 at 10:02 PM.
busterbob42 is offline   Reply With Quote