PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dead Rising 2: Case West
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #31
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,101

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaKappaEcho View Post
Las Vegas and Still Creek. That's all between Isabella creating Zombrex and DR2
That's all the game tells us about directly. There are probably more.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #32
Dannyb0yUK
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 246

Dannyb0yUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaKappaEcho View Post
First, it is 2-player so already offers more. Second, you should be ashamed for forgetting that CASE: Zero at 400 points was a shock to everyone as almost all Arcade titles not made on a budget release at 800. Most with similar graphics or gameplay (like Hydrophobia) first release at 1200. Capcom stated that they made no profit from CASE: Zero... some people just too quickly forget that CASE: Zero was a hell of a deal and then complain why companies don't do it all the time.
God, I'm so ashamed... lol, what a tool you are. Case Zero wasn't a 'shock' to everyone, it was a pleasant surprise but for once it was a game that justified it's price tag. Given that there was around 4 hours playtime in Case Zero, I'd say it was about the right price. I'd have been happy to pay 560 for it, but not 800. Also, you are furthermore of a tool if you believe Capcom made no profit on Case Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Oh yeah, to talk more about the game from a playing standpoint rather than plot, anyone else pick up the Chef's Knife in the cafeteria? If you haven't, go find it and do the hold X version of its attack: funny stuff.
That was in Case Zero and Dead Rising 2 mate
__________________
Hi! I'm nine years old and if you ever have an opinion that differs from mine, I'm going to become immediately hostile... because I'm super mature and that's how people ought to react to those who think differently from me!

Idiots make me angry.

Dannyb0yUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #33
Schism
 
Schism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Comatorium
Posts: 1,541

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lol good points! did anyone else notice that Frank looked like Dan Aykroyd. XD if they make a movie he should play frank. idk why. >___< as for the plot holes and stuff like that i think thats the way capcom does things... :/ i was a little disappointed how it was "the evil greedy company" doing it. Resident Evil?...Umbrella was the same thing. maybe not the exact same interest but still..was kinda bummed on that in DR2
__________________
If I could separate Me from Myself, I'd stay away from Me.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #34
DeltaKappaEcho
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
That's all the game tells us about directly. There are probably more.
That is just an assumption and an incorrect one based on what Rebecca says in the game as she, incorrectly, theorized they did this simply because it has been so long since the last outbreak. Nothing in the game suggests it has happened since Still Creek or that anyone staged any of the outbreaks aside from Vegas and Fortune as Sullivian specifies only those two when confronting Greene. That's one of the big problems, the game indicates to the player that there a PLENTY of zombies for these PPV events and even a group trying to protect them... then it claims the antagonist needs zombies to keep important people alive when A) they have a cure and B) they only use the zombies for about a day before the Government gets involved. Doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyb0yUK View Post
God, I'm so ashamed... lol, what a tool you are. Case Zero wasn't a 'shock' to everyone, it was a pleasant surprise but for once it was a game that justified it's price tag. Given that there was around 4 hours playtime in Case Zero, I'd say it was about the right price. I'd have been happy to pay 560 for it, but not 800. Also, you are furthermore of a tool if you believe Capcom made no profit on Case Zero.
You should be ashamed by how little you know but pass off as 'fact'. Search Kotaku or anyother game site for Case Zero price/release announcement. Previous to release everyone expected it would be 800. And Case Zero was less then 4 hours, FYI. But game time doesn't equal price point. Hydrophobia was 1200 points and roughly 3 hours and X-Men offers an achievement to beat the game in 25 mins and that is 800 points! And I won't resort to childish name calling - google Case Zero and profit. They announced that the low price point would get more to crave the full game but 400 points per sold copy would never cover development costs and still turn a profit unless every single gamer bought it. They released it on one platform and not in every region. You would have to be an idiot if you couldn't understand how $5 per sale wouldn't cover development and still turn a profit for a XBLA title of such quality. Next time do some research before trying to argue about common price points or you just come off sounding cheap.

Last edited by DeltaKappaEcho; 12-29-2010 at 09:46 PM.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,101

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyb0yUK View Post
That was in Case Zero and Dead Rising 2 mate
Well I never found it in either of those so I thought it was a fun new toy for this game. Oh well, still a great weapon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaKappaEcho View Post
*snip*
Well, whatever you say.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #36
Schism
 
Schism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Comatorium
Posts: 1,541

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Well I never found it in either of those so I thought it was a fun new toy for this game. Oh well, still a great weapon though.

Well, whatever you say.
the chef knife is pretty fun. loved the bonesaw? not sure if that was in dr2 but the hold x animation was amazing xD
__________________
If I could separate Me from Myself, I'd stay away from Me.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 AM   #37
DeltaKappaEcho
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Well, whatever you say.
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything - you are trying to defend the storyline with simply an assumption when I am simply pointing what the game actually depicts and how it contradicts the plot. It would have been fine if they said, 'Oh, I wanna wipe out the world'... instead they tried to justify the antagonists actions despite how inpossible that is given the other details of the story. But by all means, if you KNOW where the story says otherwise then correct me... just don't make an assumption the basis of your defense and then act like I am just making up what the game, itself, says.

Last edited by DeltaKappaEcho; 12-30-2010 at 04:35 AM.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 AM   #38
DeltaKappaEcho
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
the chef knife is pretty fun. loved the bonesaw? not sure if that was in dr2 but the hold x animation was amazing xD
Some weapons have special animations based on outfits in the main game. Haven't noticed it for the DLC.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #39
Firemac
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Oh yeah, to talk more about the game from a playing standpoint rather than plot, anyone else pick up the Chef's Knife in the cafeteria? If you haven't, go find it and do the hold X version of its attack: funny stuff.
Well you know that's not new right?
Firemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #40
pauly_27
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 646
When I saw the blonde hair of the woman, I instantly thought "Jessie" from Dead Rising 1, and that they had somehow developed a formula to turn people back from zombification.

I was actually disappointed when it was somebody we have no idea about, and this piece of DLC has asked more questions instead of answering any people might have had from DR2.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another episode somewhere down the line, or maybe some DLC added to Dead Rising 2 - I'm surprised they haven't all ready gone down that line to try and stop people trading the Dead Rising 2 disc in.

And yes, it was a little short, but when you add Case West and Case Zero together at 1200 points, I'm not too bothered. You pay that for most new arcade games these days, and I probably just about got my moneys worth from the two DLC "cases".
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #41
DeltaKappaEcho
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
I hope the blonde woman has some kind of ties to one of the games evens but we'll see... I was disappointed they didn't explain how she ended up that way.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #42
ChronoGrimlock
 
ChronoGrimlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prince Edward Island
Posts: 12

crapmandingo's Gamercard
I was pretty satisfied with the game. I've only done one run through so far, but I enjoyed playing it more than DR, DR:C0 and RD2. I think it's mainly because I didn't have to babysit any survivors.

I think it acted as a nice prequel to DR3.
ChronoGrimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
Darth Villainous
 
Darth Villainous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 281

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Could someone explain the differences between endings S and A in DR2? As someone who in my story playthrough (read: the playthrough in which I didn't just run around killing zombies/go achievement hunting) got the S ending, I was quite confused at the beginning of Case West, as it seemed to contradict the ending (why was Chuck looking for evidence to clear himself if he already had it? Where were Katey and Stacey?)

On a related note, is the A ending official now? Or is DR2 CW just an alternate possibility (in the same vein as Force Unleashed 1 & 2's DLC)? Given the clear setup to DR3, I would assume the former (which completely sucks - they make you go through all that extra crap to get the S ending, and it's not the real one? Lame!)

Also, to those people saying Vegas/Still Creek were the only other zombie outbreaks after Willamette, if memory serves at some point in DR2 and/or DR2 CW, a character (don't remember who or when) mentions other zombie outbreaks. One of these could be the one in Japan from the short film Inafune directed as part of the marketing for DR2 (which I assume would be canon). That's one confirmed one, at the very least.

In any event, count me among those unhappy with the seeming retconning of the S ending (I HATE retcons with a passion, no matter how well they're done - and in this case, it wasn't well done at all). As for the cure, I can see a few possibilities. 1) As Frank said, she's full of bull. 2) Bad, self-contradictory writing. 3) She has a cure, but only she and a few others know about it, and she is unwilling to give it to infected politicians/powerful people, knowing that if they believe Zombrex is the only answer to their problem, they will do whatever it takes to help out her company. On the other hand, if she cures them, while they might be grateful, they won't necessarily go to any lengths to help her (a politician could announce there's a cure to get votes, for example, effectively ruining her company). While this last possibility is pure speculation, it's the only way I can see them making sense of her statement without resorting to option #1.

Oh, and what did they do to Isabella's character model? Until Frank blurted out, "Isabella?" I didn't even know it was supposed to be her.
__________________
If you can't be bothered to send a text with your friend request, then I can't be bothered to accept it.

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #44
RazerindemiX
 
RazerindemiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: indewest uk
Posts: 787

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well i've only just started to play this game
and i can already say its looking just as good as dr2 zero & dr 2
i just hope this is just the start of a great series of dr mini games
i have never been the bigest fan of arcade games but i dr2 just feels like a retail release i love it and heres to the next dr2 mission case
__________________
RazerindemiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #45
ElrodeoUK
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7

ElrodeoUK's Gamercard
I really enjoyed it , the survivors not following you after saving them was a blessing. Was a bit too short though , I did it in around 2 hrs.
ElrodeoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
mjc0961
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA (GMT -5)
Posts: 2,101

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
the chef knife is pretty fun. loved the bonesaw? not sure if that was in dr2 but the hold x animation was amazing xD
Yeah the bonesaw was pretty sweet as well. I don't remember seeing it in DR2, but then again I forgot that the chef knife was in that so I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaKappaEcho View Post
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything - you are trying to defend the storyline with simply an assumption when I am simply pointing what the game actually depicts and how it contradicts the plot.
You are trying to attack the storyline with another assumption: there's nothing to say that there weren't other outbreaks they did on purpose, but there's also nothing to say that there were either. It could be either way, there's nothing concrete in the game going either direction. And yet you post in a manner that comes off as "I am right and you are wrong" despite the fact that we are both just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Villainous View Post
Could someone explain the differences between endings S and A in DR2? As someone who in my story playthrough (read: the playthrough in which I didn't just run around killing zombies/go achievement hunting) got the S ending, I was quite confused at the beginning of Case West, as it seemed to contradict the ending (why was Chuck looking for evidence to clear himself if he already had it? Where were Katey and Stacey?)
This is easier:

It still doesn't match up with the start of Case West all that well (Chuck goes from being sure he's got enough evidence to clear his name to needing some more evidence?), but it clearly fits better than ending S does.

Quote:
Oh, and what did they do to Isabella's character model? Until Frank blurted out, "Isabella?" I didn't even know it was supposed to be her.
Yeah, it didn't sound like Isabella either. Very strange.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 01-01-2011 at 07:53 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #47
Darth Villainous
 
Darth Villainous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 281

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
This is easier:
YouTube - Dead Rising 2 - Ending A

It still doesn't match up with the start of Case West all that well (Chuck goes from being sure he's got enough evidence to clear his name to needing some more evidence?), but it clearly fits better than ending S does.

Yeah, it didn't sound like Isabella either. Very strange.
Thanks for that. What a lame ending (even without the contradictions between it and CW - "Chuck Greene the man was never heard from again." Nevermind the fact that Blue Castle has said Chuck will be the protagonist of DR3.)

Also, just looked up the credits online, and the reason it didn't sound like Isabella is because it was a different actress. According to IMDB, Kim Mai Guest played her in DR1, and Venus Terzo played her in CW. Lame.
__________________
If you can't be bothered to send a text with your friend request, then I can't be bothered to accept it.

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #48
Tapion
 
Tapion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 486

Tapion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It was fun, short yeah. I see the 800 points because it has online co-op. Makes me more interested for the next Dead Rising.
I like the PA announcements, about dinner, and the signs in the cafeteria. Pretty much like they are feeding whoever eats it, zombie flesh. I take it as that at least.. as trying to test on their own workers, seems like something the company would do.

Final boss took me a few tries, than I got the hang of it, wasn't so bad after that. The credits were pretty funny, I'm glad no zombie jumped up making me shit my pants again.
__________________

Tapion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #49
niteslasher 360
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Shore NY
Posts: 71

niteslasher 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshrimp94 View Post
Oh and another thing... they didnt explain how Frank escaped with isabela on over time !
I worked in nyc comic con. When I wasn't working i was in the capcom booth. They gave out a free mini comic that explains just that! and they planning on running a series of comics on it. Also the producer for of the record told me that these games dont have any real story to them, they just do it on a fly kinda thing they just work on the mechanics of it first and tie the story together. I was like oh ok... I didnt ask you about story so thanks for the info... He was a nice person though.
__________________

niteslasher 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #50
Deadsea 18
 
Deadsea 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA.
Posts: 2,113

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It was pretty much said by one of the game davs that the reason Frank looked like an ''old man'' as Chuck called him despite Frank being in his 30s is from the Zombrex Issabela created for him in the first before Phenotrans made Zombrex. It was a side effect of looking older then you were,because it was just litterly in the testing phase. Frank and Issabella didn't know if it would work but it did.

B-It would make sense that Issabela would look different and older because several years have passed since Willamete in 06' so from 06-2010 thats four years. She grows up from a young renegade woman.

The ending I liked because it was a prequel,I thought to DR3.

This is not a ''What if'' story like Off The Record was. Chuck STILL has to clear his name or face the death penality to hundreds of murders that he did not do. Remember in DR2 Sullivan destroyed the camera evidence before he kills Rebecca. Chuck trusts Katey to Stacey because Stacey helps Chuck throughout DR2,bringing a kid to the Phenotrans facility would have been dumb, A-no one could keep an eye on her,B-If a guard found her they would have captured her and it would have been a reapetive from DR2.

There were other outbreaks after Willamete before Still Creek and Fourtune City. If you pay attention to the Story in DR1 Carlito has infected the whole Country of America,every City and state is infected by the thousands. So there is no short supply of zombies. If there ever is they abduct ''Missing people and homeless people'' to work on.

Issabella isnt dead,the antagonist women did not want to kill her because Issabella is her greatest asset,why would she kill off the inventor of her Zombrex that has made the woman a billionare. Iss was carried off by the woman,again this could be the set up for DR3.

The story does make sense in DR. The government is behind it all including Phenotrans,Phenotrans pays off the Government and the Government makes the public know ''They cleared up the zombie mess'' by firebombing. If the government did nothing the public would start to susspect something. Phenotrans scares people into buying zombrex from zombie outbreaks. Zombrex is expensive at 100$ a dose a day but Im sure CURE and hospitals offer health care for the less rich.

Why would Issabella tell Frank she worked for Phenotrans ? even if she could Frank would disaprove. I think after they escaped Willamete Phenotrans abducted Iss and made her work for them after they knew she was a genius at Medical concoctions. She probbably couldn't even talk to the outside World anymore. Her whole family was dead so who would file a missing persons report or anything like that.

Only thing I disliked about Case west was that it was smaller then the previous ones and the very very ending. When Chuck says ''No one will believe we were here''despite having camera evidence of what Phenotarns did. Does that mean Chuck hasn't cleared his name yet ? only time will tell in DR3.
__________________
Proud fallout 3 road to 100% guide writer


Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 01-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 PM.