Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Hishoa

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo 4 drops from 3rd to 4th place in Xbox Live activity

Major Nelson's blog: http://majornelson.com/2013/01/17/li...f-january-7th/

Quote:
1st to 4th in around 62 days (2 months).
2nd to 4th in around 49 days.
3rd to 4th in around 7 days. (1 week)

1st to 2nd in around 14 days. (2 weeks)
2nd to 3rd in around 42 days.
3rd to 4th in around 7 days (1 week)
In addition to Halo 4 dropping down to 4th in Xbox Live activity, it's also been announced that the servers for Halo 2 PC is shutting down on February 15th; officially the end for Halo 2 online multiplayer.

Halo Bulletin: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headli...tin-11613.aspx

Quote:
“…we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
First is the worst
Second is the best
Halo 4 sucks

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Kudos to 343i, job well done.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
First is the worst
Second is the best
Halo 4 sucks
I love this. Sigged.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I love this. Sigged.
It's rather funny because I agree with all three statements of his. Blops2 is the worst, and I think Minecraft for Xbox 360 is flippin' fantastic. Wish it could be tinkered with like the PC version though.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
why is this news?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
It's rather funny because I agree with all three statements of his. Blops2 is the worst, and I think Minecraft for Xbox 360 is flippin' fantastic. Wish it could be tinkered with like the PC version though.
The gaming industry is whack, dude. Less popular games like Minecraft (even though it is indeed popular) are 10x better then the 'big hit' games like Blops2, EA's Sports titles, and all those shitty games.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #8
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Sorry if I offend any Halo players, but the series is dead. It was a trilogy for a reason. Halo 2,3 are the only games I found great to play (never played the first). Instead of Microsoft pushing for Halo time and time again, they should try and create a fresh-new game that actually didn't get boring after the first week of playing. Unless Microsoft are saving these "new IP's" for the Next-Gen console, since the 360 is almost at the end of it's cycle, then I would understand. I'm not a PSN player, but it's the truth IMO

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~

Last edited by EMP; 01-19-2013 at 03:14 AM.
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #9
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Can't say I'm surprised.

Quote:
but the series is dead.
Just no.

Because multiplayer activity is declining you think the series is "dead"? I've seen 10 year old CoD fanboys make a better statement than that... Halo 4 had 1 of the better single player campaigns in recent years compared to other FPS's and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #10
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP View Post
Sorry if I offend any Halo players, but the series is dead. It was a trilogy for a reason. Halo 2,3 are the only games I found great to play (never played the first). Instead of Microsoft pushing for Halo time and time again, they should try and create a fresh-new game that actually didn't get boring after the first week of playing. Unless Microsoft are saving these "new IP's" for the Next-Gen console, since the 360 is almost at the end of it's cycle, then I would understand.
Oh...you're one of those who buy Halo for the Multiplayer and don't pay attention to the story when playing Campaign...

Quote:
I'm not a PSN player, but it's the truth IMO
So is it the truth? Or is it your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Because multiplayer activity is declining you think the series is "dead"? I've seen 10 year old CoD fanboys make a better statement than that... Halo 4 had 1 of the better single player campaigns in recent years compared to other FPS's and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Preach it, Tsaako. I've made this argument before and stand by it: Halo 4 (or any Halo for that matter) is one of the only, if not the only, FPS that has a deep and enticing story.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-19-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
Hishoa

IMO Microsoft is (or has already) evolved this franchise into nothing but a cash cow. I can't possibly imagine why else they'd shit on its core demographic and try to market it to any and all FPS gamers. The skill gap is nearly non-existent; it's a pick-up and play kind of game, now.

edit: seriously though.. tell me you don't get excited when you see this picture. this is what i'm talkin' about. last man standing on sandtrap.

Last edited by Hishoa; 01-19-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #12
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Can't say I'm surprised.

Just no.

Oh sorry let me clarify, the Halo series is dead to me. I'm sure plenty of others in this world share the same view no matter what statement is made.

Quote:
Oh...you're one of those who buy Halo for the Multiplayer and don't pay attention to the story when playing Campaign...

Nope I buy Halo's for the Multiplayer and the Campaign actually. The only one I haven't completed is 4 because I haven't had the time.

Quote:
So is it the truth? Or is it your opinion?
In my opinion I find what I said to be true. Agree with it or not, I really don't care.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #13
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
IMO Microsoft is (or has already) evolved this franchise into nothing but a cash cow. I can't possibly imagine why else they'd shit on its core demographic and try to market it to any and all FPS gamers. The skill gap is nearly non-existent.
Gotta disagree with you here, brudda. 343 made Halo 4 to continue the story, not to expand (I guess a better word would be 'continue' or 'stay-true-to') the Multiplayer. I agree that the core competitve Multiplayer is gone, but they won't let the integrity of the story slip way just because their MP fanbase (including me) is declining.

Quote:
Nope I buy Halo's for the Multiplayer and the Campaign actually. The only one I haven't completed is 4 because I haven't had the time.
Apologies then. But you should get to the Campaign, it's great.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #14
Hishoa

Quote:
Gotta disagree with you here, brudda. 343 made Halo 4 to continue the story, not to expand (I guess a better word would be 'continue' or 'stay-true-to') the Multiplayer. I agree that the core competitve Multiplayer is gone, but they won't let the integrity of the story slip way just because their MP fanbase (including me) is declining
No doubt that the story is still great and fulfilling. But I believe that to Microsoft, however, the multiplayer is much more important and that is why they've made the changes that they have -- that's why I feel that to them, not 343i, it's just a cash cow.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
No doubt that the story is still great and fulfilling. But I believe that to Microsoft, however, the multiplayer is much more important and that is why they've made the changes that they have -- that's why I feel that to them, not 343i, it's just a cash cow.
Ahh, okay in those terms I understand you better. Yeah, I'm guessing that 343 is trying hard to stay true to the roots of what Halo is supposed to be, but Microsoft wants them to implement these generic gameplay mechanics, for lack of a better word, in order to appeal to a larger crown, thus displeasing the true fans, all for the sake of making more and more mula. Halo, Gears, and Forza are Microsoft's only exclusives. Sony has 15+, no wonder Microsoft wants more and more. Competition man.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Halo, Gears, and Forza are Microsoft's only exclusives. Sony has 15+, no wonder Microsoft wants more and more. Competition man.
Dudebro, Sony 'aint got no Left4Dead!

Or Alan Wake!

Or Fable!

We used to have Mass Effect but then Bioware sold out.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Or Fable!
The announcement of Fable: The Journey forever ruined that franchise for me. WTF were they thinking.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Yeah Fable is dead to me unless the next game restores my faith. Fable 3 is ok but I absolutely refuse to touch Fable: Kindergarden Edition.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
Reytrill

Reytrill's Gamercard
what have you done 343i?
Reytrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Halo is now off of the MLG circuit for the first time in 10 years since MLG started.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Dudebro, Sony 'aint got no Left4Dead!

Or Alan Wake!

Or Fable!

We used to have Mass Effect but then Bioware sold out.
Sony has Last of Us and God of War. Those two games alone make Microsoft exclusives suck! Especially considering I hate racing games, never got into Fable, and Gears of War is trash IMO.

Alan Wake and Left4Dead are classics though, no doubt.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #22
V8Killa248

Send a message via AIM to V8Killa248 Send a message via Skype™ to V8Killa248

Detroit Code's Gamercard
Unhappy Quit in time.

I quit Halo just in time, I can't believe Halo 4 isn't gonna be on MLG circuit, that's so shocking.

Watch my Halo videos!
www.youtube.com/boonader93
V8Killa248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Shocking indeed that they removed it though Virgin Mobile is to blame for it.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #24
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Jumping off Halo and onto DOTA2, money is really the only reason I game anymore.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #25
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
First is the worst
Second is the best
Halo 4 sucks
First the worst, second the best, third the one with the hair chest.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #26
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
Makes sense Halo 4 wasn't even that good thought it could be next halo 3 not even close.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #27
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
probably 5th if you count Netflix
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:

Apologies then. But you should get to the Campaign, it's great.

Well in my opinion it was terrible. Reach's campaign destroyed the lore but at least it was fun to play. The only good thing I can say about Halo 4's campaign is that the cutscenes look well done. But pretty pictures can only go so far.