Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Hishoa

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo no longer a part of MLG (2013 Pro Circuit)

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=mlg+halo&src=typd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Bresaiu via Twitter
This will be the first time in the 10-year history of MLG that Halo will not be there
Let's look at the bright side.. the amount of those MLG-wannabe's you meet online won't have a leg to stand on anymore. I mean, unless they start tossing around the ol' "I'm ex-MLG, you stank-ass n00b!" retort.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Lol, I actually AM part of the MLG circuit.
Sidewinder.

I'm not in the HALO team though, thank God, but I will have to put up with hearing from the others about this.
Actually quite surprised about this. Wonder what the deal was....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
"All good things must come to an end."

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
So what does this mean? Halo has "officially" lost it's competitive label? Nobody thinks Halo "is for pros" anymore?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
So what does this mean? Halo has "officially" lost it's competitive label? Nobody thinks Halo "is for pros" anymore?
Apparently so.
And some of the biggest names in eSports are Halo players...
The Ogre Twins, Final Boss, i99...
It's weird, but I suppose they need to make cuts somewhere seeing how big PC gaming has taken off fo them the past two years.

Especially with all the LoL gamers jumping ship from Hydro.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Not Halo 4, at least.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #7
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie View Post
Lol, I actually AM part of the MLG circuit.
Sidewinder.
I lol heartily with you to, good sir for you see Im on the Major League Gaming Circut too. me and my team all love Bryan Adams so we called ourselves The '69er's. i dont like to brag but, im kind of a big deal in the playing video games scene. Maybe you have heard of me? My MLG name is Tyrannosaurus_Sex.

So sad to see Halo 4 go from the Major League Gaming Circiut Roster. I will miss epic pwning all teh n00bs while making bank and getting mad chicks. R.I.P

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I lol heartily with you to, good sir for you see Im on the Major League Gaming Circut too. me and my team all love Bryan Adams so we called ourselves The '69er's. i dont like to brag but, im kind of a big deal in the playing video games scene. Maybe you have heard of me? My MLG name is Tyrannosaurus_Sex.

So sad to see Halo 4 go from the Major League Gaming Circiut Roster. I will miss epic pwning all teh n00bs while making bank and getting mad chicks. R.I.P
Hahaha!
Aww, poor baby. Unlike you, some gamers actually made it big. I was on TV in the UK and America. For 14 month here we were on a show called Xleague and made it to the top Playoffs every time. 2009-2011.
Team was called Team Infinity.

Then Chilled Gaming took me and Monster Cadet on and we played the MLG i38 in California in 2011. We came 6th out of 700 (approx.) teams for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

We also had teams on eNemyDown and Matchbox 360.
(I had a few interviews with eD for things such as the teams we had played to reach our position, and another one for Gamerscore).
I never played on eD but a different cell of our clan did.
Made quite a bit of money, and made a few sponsorships. Was a good 3 years.
Then XL shut down and I couldn't deal with the MLG stuff anymore.

Don't bother acting like an idiot towards someone who was simply stating something.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #9
Hishoa

Quote:
Hahaha!
Aww, poor baby. Unlike you, some gamers actually made it big. I was on TV in the UK and America. For 14 month here we were on a show called Xleague and made it to the top Playoffs every time. 2009-2011.

Then Chilled Gaming took me and Monster Cadet on and we played the MLG i38 in California in 2011. We came 6th out of 700 (approx.) teams for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

(I had a few interviews with eD for things such as the teams we had played to reach our position, and another one for Gamerscore).

Don't bother acting like an idiot towards someone who was simply stating something.
oh my fucking god

Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Don't fuck with Cappie unless you lift, folks.

Lift, lift, lift.

I'm pro MLL.

Major League o' Liftin'

Got my balls to the wall oh yeah work dat ass
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #11
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Hahaha!

I bet you're a real hoot at parties!

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #12
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Hahaha!

Cool story bro, at what part do you shut up?
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #13
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm surprised they went with Black Ops 2. Sorry, Halo.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #14
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
I think the whole reason why Halo is no longer in MLG is because it doesn't lift!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #15
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I think the whole reason why Halo is no longer in MLG is because it doesn't lift!
Halo no longer lifts!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

I was never big into the MLG thing. I love gaming and I'm pretty serious about my goals there, but working full time as a nurse on the graveyard shift doesnt leave enough time and schedule flexibility to coordinate a real team. I did play Halo 4 a while back with a solid team and we won every single match we played for like 7 hours straight. There were a few tense ones but most matches we rolled.

I'm sorry for the hardcore Halo mlg players that it has fallen from grace. I dont really see why though. It has ZERO to do with how competitive the "vanilla" game is because they can tweak weapons/settings/spawns/etc to make it suit MLG just fine. I bet you ANYTHING it boils down to $$$$$$.

Now that Microsoft wholly owns Halo, they probably demanded too large a chunk of advertising revenue and the MLG coordiantors told them to fuck off. I would bet my xbox on that.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Can just hear the *ahem* "pros" qq over this

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
I bet you ANYTHING it boils down to $$$$$$.

Now that Microsoft wholly owns Halo, they probably demanded too large a chunk of advertising revenue and the MLG coordiantors told them to fuck off. I would bet my xbox on that.
DING DING DING! I think we have a winner!

MS are a pain to deal with when trying to run one off tournaments let alone an ongoing circuit so I have no doubt in my mind that overly restrictive conditions from MS and huge amounts of money offered by Activision are the only reasons behind this.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
DING DING DING! I think we have a winner!

MS are a pain to deal with when trying to run one off tournaments let alone an ongoing circuit so I have no doubt in my mind that overly restrictive conditions from MS and huge amounts of money offered by Activision are the only reasons behind this.
Exactly. Like it or not it its retail version of MP for the masses, Halo 4 has infinite amounts of customization available and could EASILY be tailored tosuit MLG. The game is neither competitive nor casual. It is a sandbox within which players and content creators can choose to craft either a competitive or casual experience.

343i in their infinite stupidity have chosen to make the matchmaking options casual. The MLG circuit could easily take it the other direction. It's all business, and this time Microsoft has ruined it for the Halo faithful within the MLG community by demanding too large a piece of the money pie.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #20
Hishoa

Quote:
Exactly. Like it or not it its retail version of MP for the masses, Halo 4 has infinite amounts of customization available and could EASILY be tailored tosuit MLG. The game is neither competitive nor casual. It is a sandbox within which players and content creators can choose to craft either a competitive or casual experience.

343i in their infinite stupidity have chosen to make the matchmaking options casual. The MLG circuit could easily take it the other direction. It's all business, and this time Microsoft has ruined it for the Halo faithful within the MLG community by demanding too large a piece of the money pie.

I don't think Halo 4 could be suited for MLG. From what I've read, the only way to get rid of instant respawns is gametypes modified by 3rd party programs -- the same for the sprint always being enabled. It's also impossible to tweak the ordinance system to behave like the weapon respawns in previous titles (assuming MLG would've done away with personal ordinance drops to begin with.)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
andami

Send a message via MSN to andami

Andami's Gamercard
Quote:
Microsoft has always wholly owned Halo.
andami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
Purge
anime is 4 nerdz

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hahaha!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #23
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
And the world continues to not give a shit about MLG.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #24
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I don't think Halo 4 could be suited for MLG. From what I've read, the only way to get rid of instant respawns is gametypes modified by 3rd party programs -- the same for the sprint always being enabled. It's also impossible to tweak the ordinance system to behave like the weapon respawns in previous titles (assuming MLG would've done away with personal ordinance drops to begin with.)

I'm fairly certain I was able to remove both personal ordinance drops and map-based ordinance drops and place static weapon spawns on the maps when I was toying around with forge in Halo 4 a bit. As for sprint, since everyone has it and it isn't game-breaking I don't think it's a big deal. I'm also fairly certain you can tweak spawn timers and remove the option to respawn instantly but I'm not 100% on this last point. I think it's doable for MLG and still stand by my opinion that it boils down to $$ not the game itself. Then again I'm not an MLG player so I'm no authority.

Even if you can't disable instant respawns, the tournament circuit has aribtrators watching matches and they could simply state that anyone that uses instant respawn will be disqualified or penalized in some fashion. True competitive players would adhere to that if they wanted to play the circuit.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #25
Off The WaLL

Xx NicH xX's Gamercard
And then...
Halo 4 will never get a MLG playlist. -.-

only GAYfiniti slayer pro!

kind of sad...
#1 on MEXICO #16 Worldwide
#1 Worldwide 1500G skate 3
100% Retail 44/47 - 100% Arcade 16/17
Working on: STATE OF DECAY LIFELINE 0.00% COMPLETED
Off The WaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
Jakez123
Subscribing Member

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off The WaLL View Post
And then...
Halo 4 will never get a MLG playlist. -.-

only GAYfiniti slayer pro!

kind of sad...
Mhmm, Halo 4 isn't as good as Halo 3.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #27
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This thread had the Lolz.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thank god, maybe now I can actually go into game chat for once without some squeaky 12 year old "Try-hard" bitching the lobby out & then rage-quitting when we kill him.

Honestly if I see someone who uses the MLG symbol as their Gamer pic, Emblem or says they are a professional in their Bio I just laugh at them

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Wrinklefighter

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
And the world continues to not give a shit about MLG.
Thank you.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #30
Im Distraught

Im Distraught's Gamercard
I know this is my opinion so don't get me wrong but, Halo was the only entertaining thing MLG had...the events I've gone to were pretty awesome. I haven't cared for anything MLG has done for quite some time though. It doesn't really seem like much anymore.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...7de97071250545
Im Distraught is offline   Reply With Quote