PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Guardians of Middle-earth
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
LORDHALO12

B MONEY X 1337's Gamercard
Tips for Renowned?

I need some help with killing 20 enemies in a single match.

I'm assuming this is probably easiest on Elite Battlegrounds because the matches don't have time limits, but are the players significantly better? I haven't played elite yet...

Anyway, I like all the characters, I have all achievements except for this and 100 match wins, so any tips would be helpful (best character, good relics or potions, just a good setup or strategy)

The most kills I've ever gotten in a match was 17, but usually I'm not even close to that, my average guardian kills per match is 2.73, and my average match assists are 5.07. Average deaths is 4.36, and win to loss is 1.15. I've had 5 multi kills and 5 double kills. All tips are appreciated!

Last edited by LORDHALO12; 12-15-2012 at 02:45 AM.
LORDHALO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Try Haldir with crit/attack speed/base attack runes and gems (base attacks are his strength). I've also found Thrain to be a pretty consistent choice for me as far as getting a lot of kills (same runes/gems are OK). I've also done it with Agandaur, though you'll need different runes/gems for him. All three can get you to 20 without proper runes/gems, but they do help a bit.

Of the three, Haldir has the strongest single target attack, Thrain has the best survivability, and Agandaur can basically clear a screen with his Ultimate ability - though it takes a second or two to cast and then a couple of more seconds to completely cast, meanwhile a Haldir could cut him down in about half that.

While you can do it with straight up melee classes (I consider Thrain both, since he throws his hammer too), it's definitely a lot easier with a ranged class, and preferably one that can run away easily.

ALSO, do single lane. Use bushes to your advantage and pick of the weakest targets if necessary, though two of the guys I mentioned can burn just about anyone down quick, and using Agandaur's Ultimate from within a bush is much safer than the alternative.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 12-15-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
First game i played with Bilbo, I had 4 double and 1 triple kill with 21 total at the end. He's an absolute beast it you have some that can do AE to soften enemies up.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvik View Post
First game i played with Bilbo, I had 4 double and 1 triple kill with 21 total at the end. He's an absolute beast it you have some that can do AE to soften enemies up.
Bilbo is very squishy and hit ult, while powerful will throw him into the middle of the thick of it.

Bert is a valid option. So good he was the first to get nerfed a day after his release.

Not mentioned by Shift was Sauron; he can stun, walk around and push people into his tower. Not to forget he has a global ult, very useful after a team fight to pick up free multi-kill.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
Yea, Bilbo is squishy, but if you are in a 3 lane, you can just lane hop and pick off people pretty easy. Bert is amazing, I had a game with him where I was 18 kills and 23 assists, it could have easily been a 20+ kill game, but there was a Sauron on my team that was timing him ultimate very well when I was throwing enemies into the fire with mutton.
I've broken 20 kills with Gandalf too. He is awesome for ganking kills with Gandalf's Might (I think that's what it's called). It does true damage, so if someone pops on a shield and is trying to run away with low health, it will ignore the shield and hit for full.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
Beastmaster

Orge Lambart's Gamercard
I've gotten 18, 15, 15 with Bilbo along with many 9 - 12 kill games.

My next highest total was with Runsig who was 15 as well. I'm going to give Elite Battlegrounds a try, this way the timer won't run out until someone breaks down the other team's main tower, figure that'll give me a little extra time to knock out a few more kills.

Will have to see how that works out, just hope Bilbo is available lol.

Elite Battlegrounds seems to be the way to go, unless your team steamrolls the other team you have plenty of time to pick up kills. Just hope your team isn't filled with morons or else that steamroll happens the other way.

Last edited by Beastmaster; 12-18-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Beastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
Here's what I do with Bert to get multi-kills in one lane fights. I'm not where I can check my loadouts, but I run 3 potions to boost ability power and 1 potion to reduce CD. Have ability power and CD reducing relics. As far as commands, the only one I have that matters is amplify ability. Max out bonfire and his ultimate ASAP, then finish up Mutton before you buy any ranks of Spirits.

Throw down your bonfire, and try to hit 3-4 enemy guardians with his ultimate to fear them. Hit spirits for the speed boost to close distance, then just spam X to hit the enemy with Mutton, with the fire up it will refresh instantly. Make sure you are close enough to the fire that the enemies get thrown on it. Once you have grabbed all the guardians you can with mutton, just start hitting the last guy you threw on the fire. I get loads on double kills like this, rarely play a game with Bert where I'm under 15 kills. Use amplify ability when it's up and you can pick up triple kills pretty easily too unless your teammates snag the kills as you throw them on the fire.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
Beastmaster

Orge Lambart's Gamercard
if you want 20 kills here goes the surefire way to get 20 kills.

First off, buy Agandaur, secondly you need to unlock a few relics and gems.

You need to buy Xp Potions, have xp potions in all 4 slots of your potion hotkey

In your first relic slot use the Relic that increases Ap by 14 with every Sapphire in your belt.

Put in all + AP gems, the higher the better, continually replace them with better gems as you save up Gold, It's called Seat of Seeing Relic

In your second relic slot, put the Relic that add a flat rate of 70 ap. Called Light of the West Relic, fill it with + AP gems, might want to include one Life Steal gem,

Third relic is Warg Claw Relic, again all +AP, might want to put in another life steal or an Penitration gem just incase you face lots of tanks.

Play on one lane here goes the way you get kills. First hit your teleport followed by your lighting (Don't use overcharge.) As you make your way toward the first tower wait until Teleport pops and use it.

You'll have three over charge gems. When you reach your tower rush into the woods, be ready to teleport out if you see trouble. Now your mission is to continually restock up on overcharge balls while firing up your AE lighting attack.

Use those Xp potions, You shouldn't put any points into Teleport it's worthless, start with lighting, Overcharge, lighting, overcharge, ultimate, lighting, ultimate

At level 7 you can start to kill people fairly easily. Continually hide in the bushes, wait till you see a large group of enemies in the mid lane, pop overcharge and blast your Ultimate.

Continually use this method until you push them back to their second tower. Here you want to hide in the section of bushes right by their shrine. Wait until your ultimate is up, overcharge and blast the ultimate toward the tower, hope you get a few of them caught up in it. Once it finishes teleport out before the tower downs you.

Use this method and you should pick up 20 kills, the better gems you have the easier your kills will get. if you are facing a heavy tank team hope your team works well togther.

Dont' be afraid to sit back and let the other team come to you. Rushing can be suicide.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post

You need to buy Xp Potions, have xp potions in all 4 slots of your potion hotkey

In your first relic slot use the Relic that increases Ap by 14 with every Sapphire in your belt.

Put in all + AP gems, the higher the better, continually replace them with better gems as you save up Gold, It's called Seat of Seeing Relic

In your second relic slot, put the Relic that add a flat rate of 70 ap. Called Light of the West Relic, fill it with + AP gems, might want to include one Life Steal gem,

Third relic is Warg Claw Relic, again all +AP, might want to put in another life steal or an Penitration gem just incase you face lots of tanks.

Play on one lane here goes the way you get kills. First hit your teleport followed by your lighting (Don't use overcharge.) As you make your way toward the first tower wait until Teleport pops and use it.

You'll have three over charge gems. When you reach your tower rush into the woods, be ready to teleport out if you see trouble. Now your mission is to continually restock up on overcharge balls while firing up your AE lighting attack.

Use those Xp potions, You shouldn't put any points into Teleport it's worthless, start with lighting, Overcharge, lighting, overcharge, ultimate, lighting, ultimate

At level 7 you can start to kill people fairly easily. Continually hide in the bushes, wait till you see a large group of enemies in the mid lane, pop overcharge and blast your Ultimate.

Continually use this method until you push them back to their second tower. Here you want to hide in the section of bushes right by their shrine. Wait until your ultimate is up, overcharge and blast the ultimate toward the tower, hope you get a few of them caught up in it. Once it finishes teleport out before the tower downs you.

Use this method and you should pick up 20 kills, the better gems you have the easier your kills will get. if you are facing a heavy tank team hope your team works well togther.

Dont' be afraid to sit back and let the other team come to you. Rushing can be suicide.
This guide was awesome! After starting this, I didn't finish a game with less than about 15 kills. Had one game last nearly an hour and finished with 31. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #10
Guimace

Guimace's Gamercard
Thankyou. Got 34 kills with this method (PSN version), without using any potions, and not all Gems were +24 AP (some +16 AP). Devasting loadout, cheers!

Last edited by Guimace; 01-12-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Guimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:

Went to TA to find another method of getting this, turns out the only guide there was this, word for word as it was also your post :L

Might as well try this, but I need to buy agandaur still - funnily enough I luckily have this loadout set up already for lugbol

Been trying with all my fave guardians to no luck...so here goes nothing!

EDIT: Turns out I had over 6k gold and can buy him - lets do this!!!!

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Right...four attempts now as agandaur on 1-lanes, haven't even passed 10 kills...I don't know what's up, I don't suck that badly :S just can't seem to get this damn achievement!

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Old 01-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #13
Beastmaster

Orge Lambart's Gamercard
use your first slot of Commands and put in Awareness instead of Heal, Second slot should be Refresh. Use Awareness in the middle of the lane if you keep running into people hiding in the bushes.

Lately I've noticed lots of people pushing me out of the bushes, probably has to do with people catching onto the bushes/Agandaur = Death. It helps if the other team is full of new players or just plain old stupid players. Also make sure you time the electric right and don't over extend yourself.

Hide in the bushes, if someone comes in you should run out. That build doesn't start to get really powerful until about level 7 - 9. Just keep plugging away at it, seems people have been investing in ability resist lately. Actually aton of people have, so Agandaur's ultimate isn't as devestating any longer.

Another neat trick is hiding besides your tower if the other team is rushing, other than your floating orbs the other team can't see you there. When they get close blast away, this can be dangerous though because you still have the floating orbs to give away your location. Use dark assault, overcharge and Northern Bolt to kill low health people that don't die from your ultimate.

Last edited by Beastmaster; 01-19-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:
use your first slot of Commands and put in Awareness instead of Heal, Second slot should be Refresh. Use Awareness in the middle of the lane if you keep running into people hiding in the bushes.

Lately I've noticed lots of people pushing me out of the bushes, probably has to do with people catching onto the bushes/Agandaur = Death. It helps if the other team is full of new players or just plain old stupid players. Also make sure you time the electric right and don't over extend yourself.

Hide in the bushes, if someone comes in you should run out. That build doesn't start to get really powerful until about level 7 - 9. Just keep plugging away at it, seems people have been investing in ability resist lately. Actually aton of people have, so Agandaur's ultimate isn't as devestating any longer.

Another neat trick is hiding besides your tower if the other team is rushing, other than your floating orbs the other team can't see you there. When they get close blast away, this can be dangerous though because you still have the floating orbs to give away your location. Use dark assault, overcharge and Northern Bolt to kill low health people that don't die from your ultimate.
Cool, adding these now, gonna try a few games with those commands, how soon do you advise using the xp potions?

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
FINALLY!!

With 20 blooming seconds to go, had to get one last kill...

was absolutely bricking it! But got it :3 thanks for all the tips!

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3