PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What did you think of the multiplayer?
Yes, I liked it. 62 63.92%
No, I didn't think it was any fun. 35 36.08%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Warfighter1000

Warfighter1000's Gamercard
Multiplayer

I was wondering what people thought of the multiplayer for Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I for one didn't like it too much, I thought it wasn't any fun. Assassins Creed is probably my favorite game franchise but, the game didn't need it in my opinion. What did you think of the multiplayer?
Warfighter1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Negative Bro

Negative Bro's Gamercard
Didn't really enjoy the multiplayer either, especially since I can't get 100% because a lot of the achievements are online. I don't think I could stand to get to level 50 or whatever it is...
Old 08-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard
It was alright, but it has some problems. Not something I would play for fun. I just played it to get all of the achievements and that was it.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it was completley unecessary and very boring
Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Caravan Club

Caravan Club's Gamercard
It was slow and boring, and incredibly difficult to find and join a session, which made it even more of a disappointment altogether. Grinding through it for the full 1250, but not really enjoying having to do so.
Caravan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Warfighter1000

Warfighter1000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
it was completley unecessary and very boring
''Boring'' is the perfect word to describe the multiplayer.
Warfighter1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
Bu11Butch3r

Bu11Butch3r's Gamercard
It really fun. But have play with friends team.
Bu11Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #8
Rasjr12

Send a message via AIM to Rasjr12

rasjr12's Gamercard
I enjoyed especially when Chest Capture was added made leveling up so much easier but as of now the idiot run and stab players just ruin it for me and the stunning seriously needs to be tweaked.

Rasjr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
Stough89

stough89's Gamercard
i love a.c and this kinda ruined the game and i hate how the the multiplayer is required for the gamerscore
Stough89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It was definitely a new multiplayer experience and it was great to play to take a break from the amazing yet slightly confusing single player.

The only things I disliked about the multiplayer was how difficult it was to find matches and all the people who run on rooftops and use the gun (which gives a substantially small amount of experience points and is therefore completely pointless).

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the sweet signature!
McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #11
Chewie0one

Chewie0one's Gamercard
The multiplayer seems alright slow at finding matches but i guess that's because there dosn't seem to be many people playing. I've only just started and yesterday was in matches with 4 Lvl 50 assassins. Obviously i completetly owned And to be honest its a little confusing.
Chewie0one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Great concept, lackluster execution.

The thing is that the game relies heavily on rules. It expects that everybody's playing for points. But as we all know, it's all about that K/D! People run about with their gun and their Templar Vision, stand on rooftops and give away their location just so they can kill their target as fast as possible.

Not only is this a really poor way of playing the game, but it ruins it for everybody else too, because they have a hard time chasing these spastics while remaining stealthy. When everybody plays the game "properly," it's beautiful. You have a constant feeling of tension, and it's truly rewarding when you get a kill, ideally with a beefy bonus tied to it.

But as soon as you see some jackass trying to be Batman and leaping off of rooftops and running straight at you, you know that everybody's in for a low-scoring game.

The team-based games I'll admit I could never get the hang of. The rules weren't immediately clear (the tutorial needs to be a LOT better IMO, and showcase different gametypes; does the in-game manual even describe all the game modes? DLC?) and my team-mates would typically run around and just swarm the other team. With differing mechanics (chest capture for example) I was never really sure if I should be focusing on stealth so that I get killed less, or if I should run about and concentrate on getting to objectives faster; the latter is what my team-mates tended to do, but I would always get ganged up on by the enemy team...

Then there's the fact that perks are unbalanced in team-based modes. One guy on the enemy team can use Templar Vision and lock on to your team-mates and his buddies now know where all of you are despite only one of them having to suffer from the consequences of the perk.

There is so much potential here, but quite frankly I don't think there's enough interest to keep the side-game going. Having achievements for the mode just ends up populating it with people who don't REALLY want to participate, so it just ends up making the experience miserable for the people who actually try to play it right. Even then, that number is probably very small compared to first person shooters where there aren't as many rules to follow or mechanics and strategies to learn (not that I'm undermining the depth of a good FPS; I'm just saying that they are very pick-up-and-play while AC MP is not.)

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
skaghead

Skaghead's Gamercard
MP is fun , just a pity its filled with lvl 50 people making it so much "fun" for everyone else.
skaghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #14
a random cat

SN0WC0NE17's Gamercard
I thought multiplayer was very fun. A bit of a change from playing the repetitive FPS games.
a random cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #15
denial9945

denial9945's Gamercard
I liked it at first because it was different but it kind of got old quick. I wish they would of went the route that dead space did and didnt require online achievements to complete this game. Im going to hate grinding them out
denial9945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
Maiyku

maiyku's Gamercard
I really did like the MP and the fact that there are quite a few game modes. I generally don't mind online achievements, but some of those are just plain ridiculous, almost requiring boosting to achieve. I really hope they've either simplified them or removed them completely for Revelations.

Arcade 100% - Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft

Currently Playing: Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs
Maiyku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
The introduction, and addition, of MP in Broterhood was an absolute joke. Half of the time it took about 10 minutes to find a match. And the achievements were shit, I was excited to 100% another AC game, and then they go ahead and put in this crap. Nothing about this series screamed MP, why they would put in a MP mode is beyond me.
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #18
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
I like it with friends.
I dislike it with random people.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #19
mavryk

Mav Ryk 1's Gamercard
Utterly abysmal crap that ruined a great franchise,no one is playing and when I get a game I cant figure out what to do,how do I tell civilians and targets apart?cant tell whos who even when they are right next to me and killing me yet everyone else seems to home in on you in seconds and has no trouble finding you,confusing,pointless and utterly redundant,finished with this franchise,should have stayed single player.
mavryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #20
1 up

i liked it. although they should focus more on the single player
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #21
Koldomordor

Koldomordor's Gamercard
I do like it. It is fun for about 15 hours. I dislike some unreasonable achievements though...

-Greetings.
Koldomordor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stough89 View Post
i love a.c and this kinda ruined the game and i hate how the the multiplayer is required for the gamerscore
I'm in total agreement with this; I love the series, but I really don't like that I need to grind through the multiplayer just to get some points. I think it's an example of the developers trying to ensure that people didn't sell the game back after beating the campaign (I beat it in a weekend with no problem, I just don't typically sell games back).

I thought the multiplayer was fun for a little bit, but it was a bit slow, and got old pretty quickly.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
Shickhard

shickhard's Gamercard
I quite enjoy the multiplayer. The fact that you can BE assassinated is more challenging. <3
Shickhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #24
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfighter1000 View Post
''Boring'' is the perfect word to describe the multiplayer.
Completley agree. I hate I gotta boost for these bullshit achivements. Cant wait to get my 1000. Not bothering with the DLC I hate the 100% sync option. Cant wait to sell this game and Revelations,oh yeah gotta boost in Rev but I know that games boosting is MUCH EASIER. Max is level 20 not 50,and MUCh easier achivements. Still MP SUCKS

Voted that I did not like it. How is it award winning ? Very disapointed when I first started playing its online after a year i still say the same thing on the subject.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
The False Deity

the false deity's Gamercard
O.O I like it...its easy and its fun..good break from grinding through the story
The False Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #26
Verve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyz View Post
The thing is that the game relies heavily on rules. It expects that everybody's playing for points. But as we all know, it's all about that K/D! People run about with their gun and their Templar Vision, stand on rooftops and give away their location just so they can kill their target as fast as possible.

Not only is this a really poor way of playing the game, but it ruins it for everybody else too, because they have a hard time chasing these spastics while remaining stealthy. When everybody plays the game "properly," it's beautiful. You have a constant feeling of tension, and it's truly rewarding when you get a kill, ideally with a beefy bonus tied to it.

But as soon as you see some jackass trying to be Batman and leaping off of rooftops and running straight at you, you know that everybody's in for a low-scoring game.
I love Assassins Creed multiplayer, though I agree with this entirely. It's beyond annoying when everyone starts sprinting and climbing the roofs as soon as the game starts. Defeats the whole purpose of the game and what it was intended to be, while ruining it for the rest of the players who have more sensible tactics. I don't understand why so many people say it is absolute garbage though, I completely disagree and am quite fond of the multiplayer in Brotherhood and Revelations.
Verve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #27
SkiLLz FoR l1Fe

iClutch One's Gamercard
I feel that out of all the Assassins Creeds that have multiplayer, brotherhood was the best one.
SkiLLz FoR l1Fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #28
killer121

waitedtunic9754's Gamercard
something to do after the campaign
killer121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #29
Death Grimz

Black Star 181's Gamercard
The only real reason that the multiplayer sucks so bad and becomes ridiculously irritating is the fact that there is no balancing whatsoever. It's complete bs for you to be running around as a level 10 or lower and then there's just so random level 50 that has better gear and abilities and just decimates you.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #30
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Even though I think the MP in this series is uncalled for....I think Revelations was the most enjoyable.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote