PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Minesweeper
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Emerald   Submit - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   10,000 posts   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Overview
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
- Offline: 4/4 (50)
- Online: 0 (0)
- Approximate amount of time to 50: 10-20 minutes
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 Easy, 1 Medium, 1 Hard Board
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes (Must play all boards)
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: Windows 8

Controls:
-Click a tile to unveil it.
-Hold a tile to "flag it"
-Hold a flag to mark it as unknown
-Hold an unknown tile to unmark it completely.

Playthrough:
-Easy Board:
Start by selecting the easy board, and just continually click anywhere on the screen until you hit a bomb to unlock "Happens to Everyone". At the Game Over screen, select the option to view the board, and use a camera or "PrntScr" to save this image. Now go back, and select the option to play the same board again. The bombs will be in the same place. Go through the board using your picture, and click on all the non-mine spots without using the flag to unlock "Good Start" & "Good Memory".

-Medium & Hard Board:
Once completing the easy board, start a medium board. Use the same tactic as before, by failing on purpose, taking a picture or screenshot, and then replay the board avoiding all the mines. Once you do both of them, you will get "Savior of the World". If it does not unlock, replay them again just in case, and back in and out of the game.

Savior of the World - 15
Win a game on each board size

Use the picture/screenshot method detailed in the roadmap and the "Good Memory" achievement to complete the Easy, Medium and Hard boards. Once you complete each one, you will get the achievement. The hard board is quite large, so take your time using flags here and be careful. If you fail, just do the same board again until you get it, the bombs will stay in the same place as long as you don't choose "New Game".

Good Start - 10
Complete a minefield for the first time

See "Good Memory"

Happens to Everybody - 5
Trigger your first mine

Just click on tiles in a game board until you hit a mine to gain this achievement.

Good Memory - 20
Complete a minefield for the first time without using any flags

Start a game, and fail on purpose. At the Game Over screen, select the option to view the board, and use a camera or "PrntScr" to save this image. Now go back, and select the option to play the same board again. The bombs will be in the same place. Go through the board using your picture, and click on all the non-mine spots without using the flag to unlock this achievement.

Last edited by Maka; 01-10-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Impossible Trinity - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Minesweeper (W8) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
zaki785

Can u update the guide for the new achievements ?

thank you so much!
zaki785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #5
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
Crab - nice vids for 1-2-1 and 1-2-2-1. They were very helpful!

Here are a few more tidbits if you're looking for some guidance:
  • Greedy: Gather 10,000 gold in Adventure mode.
    This will easily unlock before finishing level 20. On the home screen of the app, Statistics are on the far right. This is tied to the Total Gold Gathered stat. If, like me, you have already played Adventure Mode enough to get more than 10k gold, it will pop at the conclusion of your next level.
  • Monster Hunter: Defeat 100 monsters in Adventure mode.
    Which Door Was It?: Open 100 doors in Adventure mode.
    Won't unlock by level 20. The number of monsters and doors ranges from 0-4, with an average of 2 or so. You can also check this in the Statistics section of the app. I had 33 monsters and 20 doors when I finished level 20.
  • Wins At Your Back: Win one Daily Challenge every day over the course of a month.
    If this is like the Taptiles achievement, you must play the Daily Challenge every day for 30 days and win one of them. Playing past days won't count toward the 30.

Last edited by zszaiss; 01-15-2014 at 04:01 AM.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
For the Monsters and Doors achievements, I followed a tip from TA that worked well. Instead of proceeding to level after level after 20, just play Level 1 repeatedly. Your progress saves once you die or complete the level. If Level 1 has no doors or monsters, just use the menu to restart.

I was able to finish both achievements in about 2 hours. The hardest part was that the game would occasionally crash when I died and not give me the option to restart.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 AM   #7
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
As no one else has written a guide for the title update I'll do one and get it up in the next few days.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
As no one else has written a guide for the title update I'll do one and get it up in the next few days.
That would be awesome.

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #9
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Emerald   Submit - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   10,000 posts   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Sorry, don't have access to the game anymore.

Your input would be appreciated by other for sure. PM the link, and I can include it in this guide if you'd like.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Sounds good. What I may do if you don't mind is do a complete guide for the full 200 and do a new road map.

I'd of course credit you as co-author of the guide.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #11
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Thanks for the vids! I stink have always stunk at minesweeper and had no idea what the 1-2-1 and 1-2-2-1s even wanted me to do.

Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #12
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zszaiss View Post
For the Monsters and Doors achievements, I followed a tip from TA that worked well. Instead of proceeding to level after level after 20, just play Level 1 repeatedly. Your progress saves once you die or complete the level. If Level 1 has no doors or monsters, just use the menu to restart.

I was able to finish both achievements in about 2 hours. The hardest part was that the game would occasionally crash when I died and not give me the option to restart.
This was an excellent piece of advice. It helped me knock out my last few dozen monsters and doors rather quickly.
Currently Playing: Tropico 5 (PS4)
Next Up: LEGO Jurassic World

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
mrssmith626

mrssmith626's Gamercard
Is anyone working on a full guide to the title update achievements?

mrssmith626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:27 AM   #14
mrssmith626

mrssmith626's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zszaiss View Post

This was a great tip. I was on Level 35 and had 85 monsters and 66 doors. I used this method and got both achievements in about an hour and a half.

Here are some more tips I've picked up from the many hours I've spent playing this game.

1-2-1 and 1-2-2-1
As far as I can tell, these will only count in regular game mode (not Adventure or Daily Challenges). Learn to recognize these patterns; it will make you a better player overall. Whenever you see 1-2-1, the center tile directly beside the 2 will always be safe. When you see 1-2-2-1, the two center tiles will always be mines and the two outer tiles directly next to the 1s will be safe. Open regular game mode and click randomly until a large area of the board is revealed. Quickly scan for the patterns and reveal the appropriate tiles as fast as you can. After you do so (or determine that you don't see the patterns), set off a mine to end the game quickly. Your progress will still count even if you don't clear the board and win the game. Start a new game and repeat until you get the achievements. I got 1-2-1 rather quickly on easy difficulty, but switched to expert for 1-2-2-1 as this pattern doesn't appear as frequently on easier difficulties. Also, 1-2-2-1 will only count if you reveal both safe tiles. It will not count if one of the safe tiles is already revealed and you click the other. I got both achievements in about 2 hours using this method.

Daily Challenges and Wins at Your Back
You can change the date on your device to do challenges from previous months. If you have trouble connecting to XBL, close out of the program completely and make your device set the date automatically (so it changes to the current date). Open the program and you should connect to XBL. Before you go into Daily Challenges, minimize the program and manually set the date on your device to the past date you desire. Go back to the program and go into Daily Challenges. It will load the challenges from whatever date you have your device set to while leaving you connected to XBL.

To earn badges, set your device to the last day of the past month so you can access all of that month's challenges. Try to do all of the challenges from a particular day whenever possible so you earn the 150 bonus coins, which will save a lot of time.

While I haven't earned the badges achievements yet in this game, I did earn them using this method on Taptiles. In my experience, when I earned the required number of badges retroactively, the achievement didn't unlock until I exited the program and opened it again with my device set to the current date. Therefore the achievements have the time stamp from the actual date I earned them as opposed to the date I had my device set to when I earned the medal.

I used this method to get Wins at Your Back as well. Whether you change the date manually or attempt to do the achievement over 30 consecutive days, you need to close the program completely and open it again before you do the challenges from the next day. I learned this the hard way when I attempted this achievement a few times and didn't get it because I'd left the program running in the background. (Interestingly enough I didn't have any problems with this when I got the similar achievements in Taptiles and Microsoft Sudoku.) If you change the date manually, the time stamp on the achievement will be whatever date you have your device set to when you complete the last challenge. (Mine says 5/31/15 despite getting the achievement just a few days ago.)

I'm not sure if this is considered cheating, but hopefully not since I've been so candid about it here. ��

Last edited by mrssmith626; 07-09-2015 at 05:29 AM.
mrssmith626 is offline   Reply With Quote