Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Halo Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
tommy060289

How long to general?

Hey everyone,

I had halo wars when it first came out and I did every achievement except for the general achievement online and the 200 points for dlc. Obviously the 200 points for the dlc don't seem that hard but was just wondering how long would it take to go from the other achievement rank (lieutenant I think?) to general with a boosting partner to do it as soon as possible.

No idea what my stats are but don't think I was in when the glitch happened and reset everything? Can I check my points in halo way point or do I need the game?

The reason I ask is I have 100%'d every single halo game except halo wars and it was only the general achievement that really stopped me on this so would be nice to complete this to
tommy060289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
Boosting it would take around 100 hours (assuming both player take turns at killing the other).
Not boosting, I had over 200 hours racked up and was half way to General (wasnt really playing for points just for fun) So if you can master a technique that gets lots of points legit, it shouldn't take more than 150 hours.

Seriously though, don't force yourself to play for points, I find when Im playing for fun the points come naturally. Really doesn't seem too long when you play for fun
n1ck3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Kashinju

kashinju's Gamercard
as long as it takes for this is unbelievable. But who wants to have good success this must take it into buy.

Kashinju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Z3R0 S1X

z3r0 s1x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Starting from zero points it will take you twenty-nine games to boost for General. That's if you're the only one getting points too so double that to fifty-eight games between you and a partner. A boosting session for one game shouldn't take more than fifty minutes if both of you are lazy and can go by as fast as twenty-five minutes if both of you work quickly. The bottom line is that you are looking at roughly sixty hours of boosting once you factor in searching for one another online and completing the fifty-eight games. Currently myself and another player are boosting it together; one night was a waste since we couldn't get matched up so keep in mind that things like that will happen.

Last edited by Z3R0 S1X; 01-13-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Z3R0 S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
It's actually not that long. If you have a partner and you boost so you have 4000 points and win, you'll get a 9x multiplier. So pretty much 36,000 exp per game. 960,000 for general. Takes around 26 games or more or something.

If you DLC boost, every game should take 10-15 minutes.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #6
Danny the hero

Danny the hero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy060289 View Post
Hey everyone,

I had halo wars when it first came out and I did every achievement except for the general achievement online and the 200 points for dlc. Obviously the 200 points for the dlc don't seem that hard but was just wondering how long would it take to go from the other achievement rank (lieutenant I think?) to general with a boosting partner to do it as soon as possible.

No idea what my stats are but don't think I was in when the glitch happened and reset everything? Can I check my points in halo way point or do I need the game?

The reason I ask is I have 100%'d every single halo game except halo wars and it was only the general achievement that really stopped me on this so would be nice to complete this to
General is VERY easy to get... a shame too... because it really should be harder to achieve so it actually means something.. But it doesn't.

960,000 EXP (I believe...) It used to be a TON more...

... I believe you get 36K each game... so give or take that is about 28 games... (I believe)

But the game is a LOT of fun... I have over 3million EXP.. you should really give it a fair shot
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
batsman13 ateam

Batsman13 ATeam's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny the hero View Post
General is VERY easy to get... a shame too... because it really should be harder to achieve so it actually means something.. But it doesn't.

960,000 EXP (I believe...) It used to be a TON more...

... I believe you get 36K each game... so give or take that is about 28 games... (I believe)

But the game is a LOT of fun... I have over 3million EXP.. you should really give it a fair shot
What the hell? Easy yes, but its just insanely time consuming
Ive been playing this on and off for well over 3 years now and played at least 2000 games, and only have about 750000 points
The most i ever got is 16000 or something, but you will never get anywhere near that by just normally playing the game
A shitload of times someone resigns, and then the other 50 precent of the time you lose, and even if you win you most likely wont get over 1000 points if you dont know how it works

To say they should quadruple the requirements is insane, it used to be 4000000
But youll never ever get that without boosting, its insane to get this witbout doing so already
batsman13 ateam is offline   Reply With Quote