PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
emul8ter25

emul8ter25's Gamercard
Game vs. Movie

So I played through the game before I got to see the movie. Because the game is based on the movie, I had certain expectations about the movie and felt a bit let down because I think the game excelled above the movie in instances.

McGonnagol vs Snape

Game - MocGonnagol declares "You are a coward severus, and you always have been". fight starts

Movie - no dialogue. fight starts.

Game wins

McGonnagol Troll Fight

Game - McGonnagol valiantly declares she will defend hogwarts. Awesome fight scene where you defeat giant troll.

Movie - McGonnagol does something I guess.

Game wins

I was really excited to see McGonnagol kick some ass in the movie because the game portrayed her in that way. I was sad when there was no scene of her directly taking on a troll.

Dumbledor Fights

Game - sadly, he is not a useable character nor does he shoot his death star laser spell down the bridge

Movie - Dumbledor casts his awesome death star spell. very brief, but cool.

Movie wins
Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
The oDepressedfisHo

YoShi OwNs tOaD's Gamercard
Are you actually kidding me. Dumbledore is dead and doesn't appear in the game, i would recommend you read the book and just so you know the game is crap.

100% Retail
: Avatar, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata:Party Animals, James Bond QoS, TMNT, Fable II, Halo3, Call of Duty 4
100% Arcade: Golden axe, Uno, Dash of Destruction,

The oDepressedfisHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Game vs. Movie usually never compare. Movie games always have extra shit that wasn't even in the movie. It's usually Book vs. Movie. Books also usually win.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The oDepressedfisHo View Post
Are you actually kidding me. Dumbledore is dead and doesn't appear in the game, i would recommend you read the book and just so you know the game is crap.
FYI There is more than one Dumbledore.
Combaticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
emul8ter25

emul8ter25's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the odepressedfisho View Post
are you actually kidding me. Dumbledore is dead and doesn't appear in the game, i would recommend you read the book and just so you know the game is crap.

his brother. i never said Albus.

i suggest you be right next time so you dont look like an idiot. i have read all the books, have you read any?

and just so you know, I enjoyed this game and im sure other people did as well.

Last edited by emul8ter25; 07-22-2011 at 12:25 AM.
emul8ter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Cully

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
Quote:
The game is not crap... It is a bit too short, but that's a different problem.

I found it quite fun.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
Quote:

Oh I would call you such bad names right now if I didn't want to get another warning.

You do realize the last book was so awesome they made two separate 2 hour movies from it, right?

I've barely gotten into it, but I like it. I'm a huge HP nerd and I'm loving it. There will be no HP movies or books anymore, so this game is great to continue on enjoying the series. It's no GoW (even though that game is boring as fuck) in it system, but it's a decent game. Crap? No. Decent enough to play if you like HP? Yes.
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The current games are the worst overall, comparing them to the movies/books. I found the first three Potter games to be fairly nice and moderate. I loved the free-roaming you could do in the Chamber of Secrets. But the Deathly Hallows Part 2 game has quite a few bugs and awkward controls that irked me. I prefer the books over the movies, and the movies over the games. But that's just me, at least.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emul8ter25 View Post
his brother. i never said Albus.

i suggest you be right next time so you dont look like an idiot. i have read all the books, have you read any?

and just so you know, I enjoyed this game and im sure other people did as well.
You sure you read the books, there is no mcgonagall fight with a giant in the books either.

As said above, compairing game to movie, movie wins, compairing movie to book, book wins, over all book wins. Doesn't mean the game or film can't be fun though.

Favourite quote from the film for mcgonagall though has to be when she casts the spell for the knights to come active and protect hogwarts and says "i've always wanted to use that spell" and walks off smirking.....dunno why but that parts always stuck in my head and makes me smile too when i remember it

Anyway im enjoying the game so far, ive enjoyed all of the 360 ones really. Never played them prior so cant comment. I just dont have expectations for them to be as good as the books/films, being a gamerscore whore i play alot of movie games, i can have fun with them alot of the time but i dont expect them to be a triple A style game, just something fun to pass the time (and get that 1000 points ).
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 11-06-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How can you compare this game to the movie? HPDH Part 2 movie takes a giant turd on this game! I also think that the books are a country mile better then the movies

Proudest Completions:
Call of Duty 2
Transformers: WFC
Crackdown 2

"He's not just a regular moron. He is the product of the greatest minds of a generation coming together for the express purpose of creating the dumbest moron that ever existed. And you just put him in charge of the entire facility." - Portal 2.

I agree with Buzz, post count is everything. Seeing that number go up every time I post makes me tingle inside.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #11
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I liked the game, but the movie was way better.
And the books are even better than the movie. Like always

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote