Rights of use:
This guide is for the use of x360a.org only and may not be used without the permission of the Author and Website Admin.
- Please be aware that there may/will be Spoilers
- Constructive Criticism is always welcome
- Please keep your posts clean
- Any help is greatly appreciated
- Post your thoughts on where you would like to see more info added
- Estimated difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 10/10 - 50
- Online: 0/0 - 10
- Minimum time to 1000: 1-2 Hrs
- Minimum playthroughs needed: 1
- Cheats affect achievements: No
- Difficulty affects achievements: No
- Missable achievements: 0
- Glitchy achievements: 0
- Unobtainable achievements: 0
- Extra equipment needed: Kinect
Welcome to Kinect Sports Gems game. These games are spin off games from the Kinect Sports franchise and are literally here for a bit more fun. The games aren't too hard and shouldn't cause you any trouble in getting the full 100%.
The game is based around one game only and nothing more. To progress through the levels, all you'll need to do is complete the challenges set out before you. Completing a challenge will net you set amount of stars, which then be added to your score.
As you progress through the challenges, new ones will become available and they'll vary in difficulty. Most you'll pass with ease, but some may take a little bit of skill and luck.
If you're struggling with this game or can't be bothered to play it. You can log get another player to join in as you play and let them do all the work or complete some of those challenges you're finding hard to complete.
Where's the fun in that?
To progress through the game and unlock the achievements you'll need to complete some challenges. All of the challenges must be completed to reach level 10.
For more information on each challenge, see the guide below.
Here's a few tips and tactics to use for this game.
- Bring Some Luck: Why? Because for this game, you needs loads of it. The items that come along the belt are random, but the rhythm and certain set-ups are the same.
- Bit Of Bad Luck: Some bad luck will come your way in a variety of ways. One will be from items not turning up to others requiring you to hit certain items for one ot pop up on the line as the timer ends. Sadly there's nothing you can do about it but start again.
- Swing At Green: At the base of your club you'll notice a little block. It's made up of 3 brown blocks with a green one dead in the centre. When swinging to hit the star marker in that water, hit your object as it passes the green section. Sometimes you can go a little off but anymore and the item will fly into the water.
- Hold Your Swing: It's best to keep your club in the upright position ready to hit an object. Waiting for it to arrive and swinging at the last moment can cause you miss the object you need to hit.
- Quit While Ahead: This is to go with the session you're in. If you have 3 challenges up and in one game you complete them, quit/lose the game. Completing and carrying on after you've done the challenges nets you nothing. So, unless you're playing for fun, don't carry on and lose. Once you've done that, the challenges will score up and you'll be presented with new ones. This cuts down the playtime by a bit.
- What Challenges?: Forgotten what challenges you were trying to do? Hold your left hand down in the bottom left corner to bring up the Kinect menu. Here you'll be able to view your current challenges.
- Time Bonus: Every 3 items you checkout in the game will give you a +5 second time bonus. I recommend you do this a lot when trying to get certain items as it'll give you more time for one to hopefully come along.
- Be Clever: If a challenge requires you to break everything of one item in one game session, don't hit anything else but that. This means it'll keep your time done and you won't get any unwelcome item combos.
- Be Clever #2: Like the above, if a challenge wants you to hit 3 of a particular item, hit everything making sure you checkout each one. This will add time bonuses to your counter and that may just help bring that last item your way.
- Scoring: The scoring is based off a 3 part money system.
Trophies: $500 eachWhile playing some challenges, they will require you to do some maths which will involve hitting all three of these types. See the Challenge Guide below for more details.
Misc Objects: $100 each
Breakables - Plates, Gnomes etc: -$500 each
Overall the game is straight forward 100%. You shouldn't have any issues getting all the achievements, and if you do, just remember to take a break and come back to it later.