PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
A Shiny New Forum!

We're off to a great start in 2013!! New staff and now.... (drum roll)

* Guides and Awards *
This forum was created with the Guide Team Staff and you in mind. Use this forum as an easy means to communicate with the staff concerning anything and everything pertaining to x360a's Guides and Awards!!

Big changes!
  • New Submission Process
  • Sticky Requests!!
  • New Member Award Tracking for Achievement Tiles and Guides & Roadmaps
  • New WiP forum (Greenbook) where you can collectively work together to complete unfinished guides.
  • Achievement Unlocked
  • A Monthly Awards Recap!
......and much much more!!!
Check it out now!
Guides and Awards
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
ive just spent about an hour or so reading through this forum. its pretty cool seeing who's done what and everything, and the greenbook idea is good too.

about the greenbook, this is probably a stupid question, but if you have something to add, do you just create a new post in the thread and someone on the guide team will integrate it into the existing post or will we be able to edit existing posts ourself to add stuff?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Also: we're good with tracking everyone's guide and roadmap submissions but we've lost tile submissions data. If you've submitted tiles please post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
ive just spent about an hour or so reading through this forum. its pretty cool seeing who's done what and everything, and the greenbook idea is good too.

about the greenbook, this is probably a stupid question, but if you have something to add, do you just create a new post in the thread and someone on the guide team will integrate it into the existing post or will we be able to edit existing posts ourself to add stuff?
Just reply to the thread and we'll handle it

Last edited by dakisbac; 01-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:

Not a stupid question at all.

Yeah, post within the thread and we will move a copy of the [G & R] into the forum for you.
Then you may post additional posts into the [WiP] [G & R], until it's complete. Then a GT member will take all the added new info and publish it, crediting all who contributed.

Cheers!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Very nice work on the new forum! Maybe I'll get busy to help make all of you stay busy.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Just reply to the thread and we'll handle it
Quote:
Originally Posted by * Clueless * View Post
Not a stupid question at all.

Yeah, post within the thread and we will move a copy of the [G & R] into the forum for you.
Then you may post additional posts into the [WiP] [G & R], until it's complete. Then a GT member will take all the added new info and publish it, crediting all who contributed.

Cheers!
nice! cheers.

Quote:
Also: we're good with tracking everyone's guide and roadmap submissions but we've lost tile submissions data. If you've submitted tiles please post here.
about the achievement tile submissions(i know im like an inquisitive child), does submitting the coloured versions of the tiles count towards the award at all? i submitted the coloured versions of the achievement tiles for dragonborn and one of the borderlands dlc's, so just wondering if they count or not.

cheers.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Yay! New place for me to spam my inane ramblings!
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
about the achievement tile submissions(i know im like an inquisitive child), does submitting the coloured versions of the tiles count towards the award at all? i submitted the coloured versions of the achievement tiles for dragonborn and one of the borderlands dlc's, so just wondering if they count or not.
The colored versions are exactly what the award is for.

As for your submissions, I don't know if they were used or maybe someone else submitted them before you, but you should post in that thread anyway.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #9
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
The colored versions are exactly what the award is for.

As for your submissions, I don't know if they were used or maybe someone else submitted them before you, but you should post in that thread anyway.
ok, cheers. i know none of the ones i submitted are coloured in on the main site yet, so they weren't used. ill check that thread out.

Quote:
To follow up. We have your submissions. And you were first with many of your partial submissions!
oh, cheers.

sorry for the partial submissions too, i was planning on submitting them as i got them, but i figured you wouldn't want 10 separate submissions for them, so after the first 3 i waited til' i got them all and submitted them all at once.

Last edited by Scotty; 01-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

To follow up. We have your submissions. And you were first with many of your partial submissions!

The Tiles will be sorted through and uploaded with time. And when they are, awards will be handed out and the Award Tracking: Achievement Tiles subforum will be updated. If you've submitted tiles before September, please let us know which games they were for within
-> Award Tracking: Achievement Tiles
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #11
ScottieElisabeth

Send a message via AIM to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via MSN to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via Yahoo to ScottieElisabeth

BadWolfTommie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
If we've submitted tiles that haven't been put to use yet, do we re-submit them here, or do we continue with the submit forum?

100% Arcade [29] | 100% Retail [25]
20k on 12/19/10 | 30k on 06/27/11 | 40k on 06/16/12 | 50k on 06/30/13 | 60k on 06/20/14

Sig courtesy of DethHolly.
ScottieElisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

No, please do not resubmit them. We have your submission for Red Button It just hasn't been uploaded yet.

For tiles, please continue to use the regular Submit forum. Only use the Submit: Guides and Roadmaps for [G & R] purposes. It is handled by entirely different staff

Last edited by * Clueless *; 01-04-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #13
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Absolutely brilliant new section! I love it completely and I am very pleased with the improvements to this site. In my opinion, it was going downhill, but ever since Creech arrived back and Clueless became a mod, the improvements have been skyrocketing along with the quality of the site. Thanks to both of you, and other people who help behind the scenes.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
ScottieElisabeth

Send a message via AIM to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via MSN to ScottieElisabeth Send a message via Yahoo to ScottieElisabeth

BadWolfTommie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
No, please do not resubmit them. We have your submission for Red Button It just hasn't been uploaded yet.

For tiles, please continue to use the regular Submit forum. Only use the Submit: Guides and Roadmaps for [G & R] purposes. It is handled by entirely different staff

Okie doke! I wouldn't have questioned it, but the other tiles went up almost the day after I submitted them (at least, it seemed that way!), so when it wasn't up immediately, I was curious. :P I guess I'll just have to be a little more patient.

100% Arcade [29] | 100% Retail [25]
20k on 12/19/10 | 30k on 06/27/11 | 40k on 06/16/12 | 50k on 06/30/13 | 60k on 06/20/14

Sig courtesy of DethHolly.
ScottieElisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #15
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know why but when I first clicked I anticipated, quite literally, a new forum with a completely new lay out announcement.

But hey, this sounds good.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
hailathena

hailathena's Gamercard
As a member starting to take gaming more seriously i look forward to seeing how this all works out, and improves this already awesome site.

hailathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
I don't know why but when I first clicked I anticipated, quite literally, a new forum with a completely new lay out announcement.

But hey, this sounds good.
Some people probably wouldn't like a new forum overhaul! they would start riots lol
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote