PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #31
scotland

Dying Breeds's Gamercard
Side with Yes Man. This will save you so much time, since you don't have to win over anyone, just visit their location.
scotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #32
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Very nice walkthrough, probably saved me a few hours of playing time

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 AM   #33
RYANiZL3XD

RYANiZL3XD's Gamercard
really appreciate this. going to finish it tonight or tomorrow. going to be the only one of my friends who has this achievement
RYANiZL3XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
AwareTheLegend

AwareTheLegend8's Gamercard
This is how I did my hardcore speed run as well. Sided with Yes Man which makes it easy. Only thing I had a problem with was the BoS because you have to run through a short questline so you can leave the bunker without getting blown up.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #35
^_^x Yashiro

Yashiro EC's Gamercard
I tried this in PC last weekend:

Just in the beginning I walked to vault 11, only walking over mountains to avoid enemies, in my way take all I can from locations, mainly stimpacks and all AID items, and in vault 11 (radiation chamber or something similar) I found a stealthboy in a locked ammobox, this helps a lot, later in sacrificial chamber I did the infinite exp glitch and escape, from that point and in level 30 the rest was easy. That take me few hours, I don't know exactly the time, but was quickly for me, following Yes Man too.
^_^x Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #36
MAxiMoZ

GsA el MAxiMoZ's Gamercard
Nice dude , when I got Fallout new Vegas , I wil keep this with my side.

Team fortress 2 dude (on xbox and PC)

Working on:
(300/1200 L.A. Noire
(90/200) DOOM
(880/1000) Call of Juarez
(1330/1430) Battlefield BC:2

Just completed::
(200/200) Unbound SAGA
(200/200)Kingdom for Keflings
(1000/1000 BRINK
MAxiMoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #37
shiningcheese

Send a message via AIM to shiningcheese

ShiningCheese's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was planning on hitting Vault 11 (South of 188 Trading Post) for the Infinite XP glitch (not before getting a stealthboy for those robots), Then I'm a 30 with all the perks and necessary points added to Speech, Guns, etc. The vault has a body of water in it so I figured I wouldn't have to worry much about the Water, Nutrition, Sleep deal. Just a thought, could make enemies harder than cuss though...
shiningcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #38
HELLSPWAN 88

HELLSPWAN 88's Gamercard
Only about 20 min from the end and your guide helped alot thanks
HELLSPWAN 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #39
RYANiZL3XD

RYANiZL3XD's Gamercard
i was wondering, in the options where it shows difficulty, can i have that on very easy and hardcore mode still on since they are two different options or does it not make a difference...
RYANiZL3XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #40
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANiZL3XD View Post
i was wondering, in the options where it shows difficulty, can i have that on very easy and hardcore mode still on since they are two different options or does it not make a difference...
It doesn't matter if it's on very easy or very hard, as long as you turn on Hardcore mode at the beginning of the game. I recommend very easy, by the way.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #41
STRIKEpkgECHO

STRIKEpkgECHO's Gamercard
I did this the hard way. Played through hardcore first time. Since I didn't have any previous knowledge of what to do, where to go, etc... I ended up just keeping my speech at 50 and fought Legate Lanius at lvl 16. Still managed to finish at around 15 hours or so. This guide will definitely help out a lot if I ever decide to do a speed run on hardcore, thanks.
STRIKEpkgECHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #42
TeamMadCow

TeamMadCow's Gamercard
I just finished last night doing it with House. I recommend a female character with Black widow for Benny, and focusing in lockpick, repair, and speech. you need speech throughout, and getting Boone and Ed-E helps a lot. Save OFTEN! only Caesar left....
TeamMadCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #43
IceColdSkrilla

ICECOLDSnoop's Gamercard
I have my speech at 90, but the Legate wants 100 in order for him to surrender. Cool

Last edited by IceColdSkrilla; 01-09-2012 at 11:03 PM.
IceColdSkrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #44
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Just finished it on hardcore, it took me 13 hours and I played that from start to finish without any breaks! /tiredface

Was a lot easier than what I expected, once you have an idea of what needs to be done and with some minor preparations you should breeze through it.

I used fast travel to go to Goodsprings Source to drink water before I got into Vegas, so I didn't really have to go out of my way to look everywhere for purified water bottles.

I also took the Wild Card route, speaking to Yes Man <3
Mr.House in person! Haha, seeing him made me laugh so hard.

Although I didn't really use this thread in my path, it did however give me the confidence to give it a try, as I'm really crap at RPGs you being able to do it in 5-7 hours made it sound not so hardcore. So, I tried and I won. -Thank you

*Goes to sleep*
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #45
burnoutbabe

cjanderson's Gamercard
Here is my post from the "hardcore in under 3hours"thread, (on about page 10 for me)

I managed it in around 2 30, using a slightly different method i found on gamespot.

Did yes man with running past everything. (on VERY EASY). Didn't kill anyone.

At start did a walk of

Goodsprings/jeans dive shop/hidden valley/NCR tower/eldorado sub station/ 188 trading post (to get veronica), get to caravan wrekcage and get some van graf combat armour, sell to gun runners (WORTH OVER 2k caps) and crimson caravans. go to strip.

Then its pretty much the same, kill benny as a female after sex, visit everyone.

No need to travel to cottonwood that i had. Focussed only on speach to get it to 100 and just had points into strength/intelligence and agility (not needed)

You just need a map to know exactly where to head but its pretty much direct NW or SW from each point to the next. I'll see if i can find the link to the full walkthrough.

http://uk.gamespot.com/fallout-new-v...ours-57236095/
burnoutbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #46
Freysi

Freysi's Gamercard
I followed the Gamespot 2 hour guide to the letter and finished in 1:45. Silly easy.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #47
AaronH

Azzaa Eu's Gamercard
Think i'm going to give the Game spot guide a go tomorrow, thanks for posting it.

AaronH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #48
Nathancreed

iiAmCreed's Gamercard
Thanks dude, was worried at how difficult this was going to be when I replayed it but it seems like you made it easier, appreciated.
Nathancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #49
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutbabe View Post
Here is my post from the "hardcore in under 3hours"thread, (on about page 10 for me)

I managed it in around 2 30, using a slightly different method i found on gamespot.

Did yes man with running past everything. (on VERY EASY). Didn't kill anyone.

At start did a walk of

Goodsprings/jeans dive shop/hidden valley/NCR tower/eldorado sub station/ 188 trading post (to get veronica), get to caravan wrekcage and get some van graf combat armour, sell to gun runners (WORTH OVER 2k caps) and crimson caravans. go to strip.
Actually, in the NCR camp outside of Nipton is a tent that has a set of NCR armor you can take.

Then, do everything else you mentioned except after picking up Veronica, go instead to Camp McCarran, don the NCR armor, and ride the monorail into the strip. You don't need to pass the credit check that way.

And if you started your build with the Black Widow perk, Benny doesn't stand a chance and you're almost done...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #50
Negative Creep

negativecreep08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Actually, in the NCR camp outside of Nipton is a tent that has a set of NCR armor you can take.

Then, do everything else you mentioned except after picking up Veronica, go instead to Camp McCarran, don the NCR armor, and ride the monorail into the strip. You don't need to pass the credit check that way.

And if you started your build with the Black Widow perk, Benny doesn't stand a chance and you're almost done...
NCR armour is also useful at Hoover Dam since most of them will ignore you even if you become vilified. I just ran most of the way to The Strip, and after recruiting Veronica at such a low level she can easily take out any enemies you can't outrun. I went to the Sacked Caravan and got the 2 combat armours, and after selling them had over 2k in caps. I did this in about 3 hours and was amazed how easy it was in the end.
Negative Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #51
Nesmaster

Nesmaster's Gamercard
Took just under 3 hours with a little bit of mucking about. Never used VATS and didn't kill anyone other than to move the story along.
Nesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #52
Failed Mission

Failed Mission's Gamercard
I did a quick run through on this yesterday, but I took a slightly different path:

After finishing Goodsprings business I walked direct to Neil's Shack stopping off to get Hidden Valley marker and followed the path up Black Mountain up to the part where the boulders fall (You can kill the super mutants in the way from on top of the hill behind Neil's Shack quite easily), then cut through where the boulders fell which took me to near Repconn Headquarters (If you take a few minutes to finish Crazy, Crazy, Crazy you can get Raul and a Super Sledge if you kill Tabitha, with science 60 you can complete it easily then kill Tabitha as she walks off in order to get the sledge). From there I went to Camp McCarran and took the monorail. When I got to the strip I walked through to Freeside to get the marker for fast travel then went and killed Benny (Female w/Black Widow perk). I took the Mr. House path and merely killed everyone instead of doing their quests. I did the first quest for the BoS to remove my collar and stole the Super Sledge from the Elder's room before blowing the place up. The longest part of doing it this way is walking to Cottonwood from Hidden Valley/Repconn (not sure which way would be quicker). Upon arriving at Cottonwood I ran onto the raft and killed the guard at the other end, wore his uniform and walked right through the camp unchallenged, apart from the dog who followed me around growling. For some reason I didn't have to go to Hoover Dam for the presidential quest, don't know if that's normal or not but House just said the president went and all was well. El Dorado station is easily reached from the Repconn marker, and you can just run in, install the chip and run away again. Then just run through Hoover Dam swinging your sledge and Bob's your uncle, game complete (providing you've got 100 speech by the end).

I was level 13 by the time I finished and took the perks:
Black Widow,
Swift Learner 1,
Toughness 1,
Toughness 2,
Super Slam,
Life Giver.

Failed Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #53
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
I think this may be a game that I don't finish. Hardcore mode is crazy.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #54
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
My tips always always have food and water on hand.

If you are struggiling just concentrate on the main quests,ignore the side quests and you will have the achivement fast. Side with Yes Man,have a speech skill of 100 to deal with Lanius at the end. This is the easiest way to get Hardcore.

Scavenge so you have a steady income. Ignore low cap value items like Tin cans,medical clipboards,pencils etc. instead get stuff like vacum cleaners,weapons that you wont use,Nuka Colas,Nuka Cola Victorys,Toy Cars,Drugs like Jet,Med X,and Phycho,even clothing items from dead enimies,etc.

Have a Doctors bag or two,or three.

Have good armor and weapons,stock up on ammo whenever you can.

Get to know caravan the card game. It is hard at first,it really is but once you figiure its almost identical to Black Jack except you want to get to 26,not over, its like building an army and you want to level them all up to max. Queens are useless and Jokers elimnate the opponets cards if you place them on one of the 3 card places. Kings can make the opponet go over,and also they can help you get to 26 faster.

All in all its not that hard on Hardcore just DON't SIDE WITH THE LEGION OR NCR. The Legion final battle is hands down the 2nd hardest of all the opptions on who to side with. The NCR one that gave me hell,it is the hardest one if you dont have a high science skill to activate the pumps.

It's honestly not that hard it's more like ''Realistic'' mode.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 04-29-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #55
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
All good tips and advice. Going to show my cousin since he is having problems.
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #56
nia333

StormyC93's Gamercard
I have noticed that the main story line is easy and completed very quickly.
nia333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #57
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nia333 View Post
I have noticed that the main story line is easy and completed very quickly.
@ you and the guy above you

Hey no problem. I love Fallout and helping people out.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #58
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
@ you and the guy above you

Hey no problem. I love Fallout and helping people out.
Who doesn't love Fallout and thanks again buddy.
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote