PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
spearian

spearian's Gamercard
Cry babies in this game

Does anyone come across these pathetic moany bell ends who send you messages after a game saying you're crap and a noob for killing them with the sworn off or retro lancer? I thought that stopped a while ago as people learnt how to use those guns, but those people seam to have come back. Got 3 messages last week by different people telling me how I'm a noob and that I shouldn't use those guns lol, yeah what ever....I'm not gonna boost to get my kills with a gun.
I normally tell them, they are in the game...if you don't like it play something else.
Bet Judgement is gonna be packed full of whiney idiots.
spearian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Welcome to the XBOX360, enjoy your stay.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
What is "the sworn off?"

I would love to know how you kill people in Gears 3 by swearing them off.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Suave Charlie

Send a message via MSN to Suave Charlie

suave charlie's Gamercard
The SOS has been nerfed to the point that any half decent player shouldn't have a problem dealing with it, the retro is still cheap but the main offender is the hammy.

But they only have themselves to blame if they know what's coming, it's really not hard to counter.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
KillTheft Gator

KillTheft Gator's Gamercard
When Rod Fergusson says the sawed-off was intended for "casual" players, it should be fairly obvious that it is, in fact, a noob weapon. Not that it gives me any problems, just thought you might want to know that the developers said it was a noob weapon.

Also, have fun playing Gears of Duty when it comes out, I'll miss you!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
UKHC1977

weaponx031277's Gamercard
One of the best abusive messages was off of a group of Londoners. Im not very good at the game tbh and i was getting all manner of abuse off of them about how shit i was. Got the one shot and managed to kill four of them in one shot Lets just say when they lost the game they wern't happy.
UKHC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
GOWnage

Mr Desmond Hume's Gamercard
The thing than annoys me is that they're intended for new players. So when I see a blue lvl 50 running up from the other side of the map, firing his sawn off and running away again, I get annoyed.

Wallbouncing: making noobs think they're good since 2006.

PC Gamers; the hipsters of gaming.

twitter.com/BenJDufton
GOWnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
knightlife88

knightlife88's Gamercard
I had a funny experience with this the other night. I was in a match and it was down to just me and one guy on the enemy team and I quite literally walked up to him and shot him in the chest with the Digger from less than three feet away. He was talking trash about how much of a noob I am for using cover and using the Digger and he was saying that if I had skill I would be using the Gnasher. I laughed and replied by telling him that Gears is a cover based game and that he was the noob for letting me WALK UP TO HIM. He didn't like that very much but it shut him up fast.
knightlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
walshyorange

Well I have to say the GoW community is pathetic they moan all the time I must get about 5 msg every time I play. I don't consider the Sos a noob gun, but the retro is cheap but luckily im good enough to counter it most of the time.
walshyorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Brengun

Sir frotage's Gamercard
I love destroying people with the retro especially if they are rushing full pelt towards me with a shottie. Yeah lets argue about what takes most skill, most shotgun battles that last more than one shot are hilarious and take zero skill, just luck most of the time if you happen to line the other person up first.
People seem to moan more playing this than anything else, its almost like they don't know what's coming when they see a particular weapon, its not that hard to work out...
Brengun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

I think the Retro actually got nerfed. I left the game for about a year, came back, played some multiplayer and then my Retro had a severe accuracy loss even at close range and didn't seem to do much damage to the shotgunners.

Weird.

In any case, I used to get a lot of hate for using the Retro Lancer all the time. I didn't understand that hate in the least. It's a gun basically designed to murder players using shotguns. That's the point of the weapon. When the game first came out, I used it. Why? Gears 1 and Gears 2 were massive shotgun whore fests. So naturally, you use the Retro and rape noobs.

Then they get butthurt.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #12
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
I think the Retro actually got nerfed. I left the game for about a year, came back, played some multiplayer and then my Retro had a severe accuracy loss even at close range and didn't seem to do much damage to the shotgunners.

Weird.

In any case, I used to get a lot of hate for using the Retro Lancer all the time. I didn't understand that hate in the least. It's a gun basically designed to murder players using shotguns. That's the point of the weapon. When the game first came out, I used it. Why? Gears 1 and Gears 2 were massive shotgun whore fests. So naturally, you use the Retro and rape noobs.

Then they get butthurt.
Its still massively overpowered though. Shotgun whore fests were what made Gears of War popular and successful in the first place. They introduced terrible ideas such as the retro and sawn-off and it lost its popularity because of it.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote