PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Gravity Guy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
wh1tel1ght

wh1tel1ght's Gamercard
my theory on achoeving "the perfect run"

So start up story mode and after everycheck point back out to the menu and enter practice mode. So you can practice the upcoming level until you have familiarized yourself with it enough to continue your story playthrough. Hopefully backing out won't stop the achievement from unlocking. goodluck.
wh1tel1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Se7enFone

Se7enFone's Gamercard
My biggest problem is incoming text messages, lol. Ive gotten as far as lvl 24.
Se7enFone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
wh1tel1ght

wh1tel1ght's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enFone View Post
My biggest problem is incoming text messages, lol. Ive gotten as far as lvl 24.
That's why airplane mode what invented. Ha. The same thing would happen to me in endless when random achiements would unlock and lag my phone for that split second to slam me into a wall and get blasted. >.<
I haven't been able to make it to level 10 in one go yet. :/
wh1tel1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
xANMLZxHELLFIRE

I got close today, made it to checkpoint 28 and died. But it seems in my mind the more I play the game play slows down. I dont want to touch endless mode unitl I get perfect run completed.
xANMLZxHELLFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xANMLZxHELLFIRE View Post
I got close today, made it to checkpoint 28 and died.
WOW dude you are awesome for getting to checkpoint 28 without dying.

Furthest I can get is 12 :(
Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
Fuzzy Dem0n

Fuzzy Dem0n's Gamercard
Please let us know if your theory works. Just from reading the description i understand it as you have to beat the entire story without pause, quiting or dieing. hopefully i'm wrong. i can get 20checkpoints everytime but then i just die right after haha
Fuzzy Dem0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
xANMLZxHELLFIRE

Whoooo!!! Got the perfect run achieve this morning in story mode, and Im glad I wont have to do that again. I just kept playing until I remembered most of the checkpoints which really did make things easier. Then it just comes down to timing and for me not double tapping the screen randomly and dying.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Whoooo!!! Got the perfect run achieve this morning in story mode, and Im glad I wont have to do that again. I just kept playing until I remembered most of the checkpoints which really did make things easier. Then it just comes down to timing and for me not double tapping the screen randomly and dying.
Firstly, MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That really is one hell of an achievement... literally!!! Secondly... did it unlock Rescue Run? What is it like?

Again, very well done! Closest I have got is four deaths, and that on practice mode! :]

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
xANMLZxHELLFIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Firstly, MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! That really is one hell of an achievement... literally!!! Secondly... did it unlock Rescue Run? What is it like?

Again, very well done! Closest I have got is four deaths, and that on practice mode! :]
Thanks Ooyah.

Nearing the last few checkpoints I was getting nervous, but luckly was able to finish without dying. Also rescue mode did not unlock, so I would suggest going for perfect run in practice. Until today I could complete the game in 1-3 deaths so your really close. Just keep at it, and Im sure you'll get it.

Last edited by xANMLZxHELLFIRE; 09-11-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thanks Ooyah.

Nearing the last few checkpoints I was getting nervous, but luckly was able to finish without dying. Also rescue mode did not unlock, so I would suggest going for perfect run in practice. Until today I could complete the game in 1-3 deaths so your really close. Just keep at it, and Im sure you'll get it.
Thanks man, I will keep trying! Ironically, I can usually do the last three of four levels without dying! But, if I do die early, I keep going for practice. I need to practice 21 - 26 more... and then just hope for a run without slowdown!

Disappointing to hear about Rescue Run not unlocking... God only knows what they expect us to do, unless this is glitched? 100,000 in Endless? Something in multiplayer? No idea now.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
MR TIM IS THE 1

MR TIM IS THE 1's Gamercard
i got to 25 without dying and i got to say the last 7 levels or so are the hardest.
MR TIM IS THE 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
diploMATT666

diploMATT666's Gamercard
I'm down to 1-2 deaths per run. My method is to do practice in 3 blocks of ten levels, focusing on the end parts of each. Good luck everyone who tries this. It'll have you flipping gravity yourself in frustration.
diploMATT666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
This is probably the hardest game I have ever played. I generally have a really good reaction time in games but I just find this insanely impossible. I sometimes die in the same spot 10, 15, 20 times. Anyone who has done it is either an Ninja or live in a different speed of time then everyone else.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
How many slowdowns do you think it would take to get through the game from beginning to end? It's 160MS points for five. One slowdown seems to last about 2 gates so we're looking at 15 for the entire run through so probably about 480MS total. Although would the pause to buy more slowdowns affect getting the perfect run achievement.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
jpace731

DoubleOh Sl3v1n's Gamercard
Damn I can't get to 10 without dying lol. I did just get the game though. This looks like it's going to be a tough one
jpace731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #16
Johnoralex

johnoralex's Gamercard
I just completed Gravity Guy and I wanted to come here and give encouragement by saying that this is possible! I only used one slowdown which was for the last checkpoint (talking about rescue chapter). Also for those of you who need more slowdowns you can uninstall the game and reinstall it and that will give you your original 3 slowdowns back. You do have to finish rescue chapter again if you reinstall it though and it resets your high scores. Good Luck!!!
Johnoralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
I finished Gravity Guy the weekend just gone, I agree with Johnoralex that save a slowdown for the last checkpoint of Rescue.
That part goes so fast, you have a 50/50 chance of making that part imo.
But only use it on the actual final stretch with you go up and down super fast.

Also I used to get quite shaky towards the end of the level, so when you get to the part with its loads of little blocks going up and down (where you can't actually fall off) is to pause the game, leave it a minute or so till you can calm down and focus more. Then continue.
Its quite close to the end and you don't want to choke because of miss pressing the screen from panic.

Also because of a lack of practice mode, if theres a particular section you struggle on. Reach the area and purposely die before the next checkpoint so you can at least practice it over and over.

Good luck with it, it can be done
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote