PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
X360A Review: Score justified?

For those that have not seen it yet, it got 35/100. Not a great score at all. I'm getting this for xmas, and I am looking forward to it. But is it actually as bad as the review states? Or is it a bit of fun, like have a few mates over for some local MP. Or do you just want the easy 1000g?

It did seem a little harsh, and just a complete whinge fest, but I'm not one to listen to someone elses opinion as I always prefer to form my own. Unless I trust that person implicitly.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
I've only played the first two campaign missions so far and I think the review might have been a tiny bit harsh. It's not the best game in the world but it's alright if you are a fan of the series.

Lots of the jokes are taken directly from the TV show though which kinda gets old

Easy achievements so far though

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Based on the reviews given, the game may not be worth the money you're spending on it right now.

Most are bad scores but IGN gave it 8.9/10. Though IGN suck at reviews and give good games shit scores sometimes. They do't know how to review on most occasions.

The choice is yours and no one else's.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 11-27-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
While he did have some good points I don't think it deserves a score as low as a 35. That's a little ridiculous. The game does recycle some jokes from the show but it did have some new material that made me laugh. That's coming from someone who hasn't really laughed at any of the newer episodes of Family Guy in awhile. One thing he mentioned is that it's a third person shooter; WTF else would it be? An RPG, platformer (there is a little platforming), FPS? It doesn't bring anything new to the table for third person shooters but who expected it too? If you're a fan of Family Guy or looking to get a quick and easy 1000 then you'll enjoy it.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
ktilla23

ktilla23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I do want to say right now that there is no way this is the worst game of the year (worse then Men in Black, Cabelas, and Battleship?) ! I think that the game play was simple but it's fun, and i thought the game was hilarious. Yes they recycle some things from the show, but there is some original stuff as well. And i thought the graphics weren't bad at all of a Family Guy game. And no this game is not worth $60 but i would say it's a least a rent or a $20 buy for any Family Guy fan, or if you're looking for just a fun game.

So i say don't listen to X360a score of this game i think if you're a Family Guy fan, this game is a least a 70-75/100.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Melysman

Melysman's Gamercard
I just finished the game a few days ago and I didn't think it was too bad. I'd be willing to give it a solid 6.5 out of 10. it's not a 60 dollar game for sure but definitely worth at least 30 dollars and if your fan of the show definitely go for it. it's about a 4 to 5 hour play through
Melysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I usually agree with most reviews on this site but this one was a joke. They are opinions but I totally disagree with this being the worst game of the year. I would give the game a 6/10 or maybe a 7/10 and say its a must play for Family Guy fan. Good graphics for what it is, decent amount of new material, and average gameplay. Doesn't warrant a $60 purchase but I got it from Gamefly and am not disappointed to have played it. The one thing I question are the people saying its an easy 1000G. If you don't have a competent co op partner I don't see how 1000G is possible more like an easy 800G. The horde mode and some challenges don't seem possible by yourself. Maybe if somebody could give me some pointers but I am not trash at games but don't see how I could beat a couple of these challenges alone.
Next Up: Watch_Dogs

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
ebin

ebin20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Based on the reviews given, the game may not be worth the money you're spending on it right now.

Most are bad scores but IGN gave it 8.9/10. Though IGN suck at reviews and give good games shit scores sometimes. They do't know how to review on most occasions.

The choice is yours and no one else's.
I don't see where IGN gave it an 8.9/10. I see that the IGN communtiy gave it an 8.2/10, but I would never trust anything the IGN community says.
ebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
ScottCorno1987

Don Corno's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
35/100 is way off the mark.

Those sort of scores should be for buggy, boring and seriously flawed games.

This is solid, good fun but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm not even that big a fan of Family Guy.

It's a 6 or 7 out of 10 game all day long.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I totally agree. I think the reviewer was just pissed he had to review the game or something, lol
Next Up: Watch_Dogs

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
shibbytude

shibbytude's Gamercard
I think the score they gave was very bad and not at all deserved!

Was they comparing it against Halo 4 or Mass Effect or something? as a Family Guy fan, I loved the game and found it very enjoyable, and am playing through it again now to pick up the achievements.

One of the worse games of the year? no way near! I guess he must hate Family Guy to give it such a poor rating as no way is it as bad as he said it was.
shibbytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Tubby 94

Tubby94's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
from a game perspective how fun is this game really? i would like to buy it if i find it for like $15. Is it a fun, mindless shooter? i don't mind playing games like these when i need a break from AAA titles

Retail Games completed: 139

Arcade games completed:42

Tubby 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Alec216

Alec216's Gamercard
Glad to see people disagreeing with the review scores. I love family guy and want to get this, was gutted to see poor reviews, but not suprised. Maybe I'll get it cheap after christmas. Gotta be worth a punt!
Lance hard for your mother, lance hard for your father, lance for your children, for your sisters and brothers. Leave all your longshots and boomshots behind, you can't carry them with you if you want to survive. The gnasher days are over, the sawed-off days are done. Can you hear the lancers? Cos here they come!
Alec216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #14
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
I don't take any notice of reviews, nobody has the same taste with every game so really game reviews are pointless. If i listened to game reviews i would never have played some of my now favorite games. Most games that get good reviews i don't like, the games that get bad reviews i usually end up loving.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktilla23 View Post
I do want to say right now that there is no way this is the worst game of the year (worse then Men in Black, Cabelas, and Battleship?) ! I think that the game play was simple but it's fun, and i thought the game was hilarious. Yes they recycle some things from the show, but there is some original stuff as well. And i thought the graphics weren't bad at all of a Family Guy game. And no this game is not worth $60 but i would say it's a least a rent or a $20 buy for any Family Guy fan, or if you're looking for just a fun game.

So i say don't listen to X360a score of this game i think if you're a Family Guy fan, this game is a least a 70-75/100.
I have never watched Family Guy, so I don't know if that has any effect on my opinion of the game.

I pretty much agree with everything said in this post, and would say its definitely a must for rental and not worth paying more than 20 for it brand new. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Achievement wise you can get everything done solo if you are good at these types of games, some challenges may give you trouble but you can have someone else helping you locally or just have another controller logged in.

As for the worst game of the year award, I have played cabelas, men in black & battleship. By far the worst for me has to be Men In Black 3, absolute pile dog excrement!

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13, 85.48% 23/09/13
Game Completion Percentage now 87.07% 06/04/14 (still need 498 achievements on previously played games to get to 90% )
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
HR1 Phoenix

HR1 Phoenix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterworld1@fsmail.net View Post
I pretty much agree with everything said in this post, and would say its definitely a must for rental and not worth paying more than 20 for it brand new. I would give it a 6.5 out of 10.
Pretty much this. LoveFilm ftw, but worth a purchase if below 20.

It came as no surprise to me that x360a gave such a low review score to this. They do seem to follow everyone else when it comes to reviews...

HR1 Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #17
alec_006

i am el kabong's Gamercard
Very harshly judged... the official Australian xbox magazine didn't even give it a score.

I personally really enjoy this game

100+ Standard Skylanders Collected

First Austrailian to 1000 points in Tropico 3
alec_006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai J View Post
I usually agree with most reviews on this site but this one was a joke. They are opinions but I totally disagree with this being the worst game of the year. I would give the game a 6/10 or maybe a 7/10 and say its a must play for Family Guy fan. Good graphics for what it is, decent amount of new material, and average gameplay. Doesn't warrant a $60 purchase but I got it from Gamefly and am not disappointed to have played it. The one thing I question are the people saying its an easy 1000G. If you don't have a competent co op partner I don't see how 1000G is possible more like an easy 800G. The horde mode and some challenges don't seem possible by yourself. Maybe if somebody could give me some pointers but I am not trash at games but don't see how I could beat a couple of these challenges alone.
I have finished the 30 waves and all challenges solo and while it wasn't easy it wasn't difficult either the 30 waves was more time consuming than a challenge as the magma gun and the charges made that one pretty simple. 3 challenges game me trouble and while the last challenge would have a lot easier with a co-op partner it's not impossible.

as for the topic I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the game but I don't regret my purchase the game is to short to warrant the 60 dollar price tag, I still enjoyed the game, I wasn't annoyed by the recycled jokes Mayor West is still my favorite character. "blow them to smithereens, but make sure you clean up the smithereens" lol.

Last edited by xMidget_Furyx; 03-19-2013 at 08:55 PM.
xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #19
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
In my opinion if you really like the show then you'll really enjoy this game. I was told this game got bad reviews and wasn't that good. I decided to try it anyway and I'm glad I did. I loved it.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #20
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm half way thru the game and I think its a nice find for $20. If you have someone to play with then for sure its worth it at $20. Replay value is pretty rough and its short.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Calv1n

Calv1n DT's Gamercard
Question Support or No

Personally, the game does feel repetitive at times, but it is a decent game nonetheless. I would personally give it at least a 60/100, if not a 75/100. at least they put out a game and not let everyone hanging for a few years.

Also, i just noticed that the initials for the game Duke Nukem Forever read DNF. Isn't that a coincidence?