PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Guardians of Middle-earth
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #31
xXxX P1GGY XxXx

invincible pig's Gamercard
For the renowned achievement, I recommend going on 1-lane elite battlegrounds, and choosing agandaur, get 3 overcharges then overcharge your Y, then finish them with an overcharged X, really does help if you have friends who can defend and not push to drag the game out
xXxX P1GGY XxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #32
batboy

BATB0Y1983's Gamercard
I found out an easier way to get the Renowned achievement. If you go into the "Help & Options" menu and enter setting, all the way at the bottom is "Gold Mode". What this does is restarts the game and removes all patches and DLC from the game. When you end up searching for matches, you will mostly get thrown into matches with people playing the demo.
batboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #33
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy View Post
I found out an easier way to get the Renowned achievement. If you go into the "Help & Options" menu and enter setting, all the way at the bottom is "Gold Mode". What this does is restarts the game and removes all patches and DLC from the game. When you end up searching for matches, you will mostly get thrown into matches with people playing the demo.
Very nice, any chance this lowers wait time between games too? Also, I'm assuming that means you won't be able to play any of the DLC characters yourself if one of those happen to be the one you want to hit 20 kills with.

edit: Nevermind. Answered my own questions.. it can decrease wait time, so far it has been quicker or about the same as standard wait times because the games will start up as long as there are at least two people. Most of my games were basically 1v1 and a bunch of bots, which is fine if you want quick wins and a good amount of kills. Thanks for the tip

Last edited by Shiftie; 01-10-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:
An Unexpected Journey - 25
Win 100 Battlegrounds or Skirmish matches

Win at least 100 (non-Custom) online matches. You can see how many you have won thus far via the Profile > Statistics screen in the main menu, or the leaderboards. Both 1 and 3-Lane games are acceptable. You should have everything else unlocked by the time this unlocks; chances are quite a while before this unlocks.

Regular and Elite Battlegrounds, as well as Skirmish wins all count toward the 100. Do note that your custom match wins will also be shown in the total wins section of your stats screen, and those do NOT count (Thanks MaicoWin for confirming).

One way to hasten your progress is by going to Settings on the main screen using or and switching your game to Gold Mode, which is near the bottom of the settings. This will remove any DLC maps or guardians from your game, but it will allow you to play against primarily AI, and newbs, for easier kills/wins, and shorter wait times (usually). (Thanks Batboy for finding this)
Been playing this like mad for the past couple weeks thinking I only needed to play 100 matches of battlegrounds...turns out I have to win them all too...I am at 38

What does this "gold-mode" mean by restarting the game? do I lose everything?

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Last edited by wo ai ni xx; 01-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.
wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wo ai ni xx View Post
Been playing this like mad for the past couple weeks thinking I only needed to play 100 matches of battlegrounds...turns out I have to win them all too...I am at 38

What does this "gold-mode" mean by restarting the game? do I lose everything?
Nope you don't lose anything. I think the purpose of it is to allow you to do better, thus getting more gold, since that's what will probably happen and I haven't noticed a base increase in gold.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #36
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Okay, going for:

In the Light - 25
Play as every Good Guardian once in Battlegrounds matches

But it doesn't seem to be unlocking, I have all good characters and have definitely played as all of them, but it's just not giving me the achievement :S

EDIT: Nevermind, finally got it, apparently was still to play as legolas, even though that was my 4th win with him...

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Last edited by wo ai ni xx; 01-20-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #37
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Guardians of Middle-earth Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #38
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Could the network for this game be any god damn worse? And virtually no support from the dev. Shame...it's fun when it actually works. Skirmish works fine but battlegrounds lags and constantly disconnects almost every single game.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Could the network for this game be any god damn worse? And virtually no support from the dev. Shame...it's fun when it actually works. Skirmish works fine but battlegrounds lags and constantly disconnects almost every single game.
Agreed, 10 minutes to find a game, instant disconnect, 10 minutes to find another, instant disconnect...

It's like an hour before you end up playing a full game :S

Love the game though, that's the annoying part.

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #40
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wo ai ni xx View Post
Agreed, 10 minutes to find a game, instant disconnect, 10 minutes to find another, instant disconnect...

It's like an hour before you end up playing a full game :S

Love the game though, that's the annoying part.
Heh same, I play it regularly even with the issues. Which says a lot for the game, but I don't quite understand why Monolith has made no attempt at fixing the obvious issue. Instead they talk of more exciting DLC characters to come...which I will probably get but damn it I want the network disconnection issues fixed!
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #41
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great guide, thanks for this. I just wanted to point out that you can actually recall back to base in a one lane match, but in the guide you mentioned you couldn't. It is probably from one of the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #42
Mr Granstaff

Mr Granstaff's Gamercard
The lag is still present, although I only started the game last night. Playing in the Skirmish game mode may not be as good, but I can't verify that at the moment. Generally speaking, I've experienced worse and I only got disconnected twice out of about...10 games, I guess.

I wonder if it depends if the host has a good connection or not. I've never fully understood if a game's connection is bad that it's either due to the server or the host.

At any rate, if boosting Battleground matches, what's the ideal number of people for this? Only two total or is more the merrier?
Mr Granstaff is offline   Reply With Quote