PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
PC Difficulty?

I was wondering how difficult this game is on the PC using just the mouse and keyboard? I'm not too big on playing PC games anymore, and I don't think I've ever played a game like Arkham on PC before, but I was thinking about playing the PC version and both GOTY versions just to show how much I love this game

I would imagine it comes down to muscle memory, like the console version, I was just wondering if there were any major differences.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
CheshireMulisha

CheshireMulisha's Gamercard
Is it not controller enabled?
Just use a wired xbox controller or get the usb adapter to use a wireless controller.

Looking to boost: Midnight Club: LA, NHL2K10 & Panzer General

Happy to boost for others: Speedball 2 (Sorry I no longer own HC: Great Battles Medieval so cant boost that any more)

Need help boosting? Send me a message with the game/achievement you need help on along with a friend request or I won't accept!
CheshireMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireMulisha View Post
Is it not controller enabled?
Just use a wired xbox controller or get the usb adapter to use a wireless controller.
I think it's like 20-30 bucks at Best Buy. Can't remember. I saw it though.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
I already have a usb adapter thing for my wireless controller but it doesn't work on my laptop for whatever reason and I don't have the money to sink on a new controller. If it comes to that I guess I'll figure something out until I get frustrated and give up (again).
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
EnterTheFray

EnterTheFray's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I already have a usb adapter thing for my wireless controller but it doesn't work on my laptop for whatever reason and I don't have the money to sink on a new controller. If it comes to that I guess I'll figure something out until I get frustrated and give up (again).
I usually always have that trouble with my wireless adapter, pretty much installs the wrong drivers ...

if you follow this it should get the controller working

EnterTheFray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
CheshireMulisha

CheshireMulisha's Gamercard
Quote:
Have you checked the drivers? uninstalled & reinstalled etc.

Wouldn't fancy doing the later combat challenges with a keyboard!

Looking to boost: Midnight Club: LA, NHL2K10 & Panzer General

Happy to boost for others: Speedball 2 (Sorry I no longer own HC: Great Battles Medieval so cant boost that any more)

Need help boosting? Send me a message with the game/achievement you need help on along with a friend request or I won't accept!
CheshireMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
DadofDOOM

DadofDOOM's Gamercard
I have only played on PC and it worked pretty well for me with mouse/KB. I am having more trouble with Arkham City, mostly due to the larger combinations needed to do stuff in game.

Aside from my lack of skill at combos I enjoyed the game a lot on PC and was able to play it through on Hard setting without difficulty control wise. I prefer mouse for looking, the two thumb stick method is just not my natural choice and so it gets me killed a lot more often.
DadofDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireMulisha View Post
Have you checked the drivers? uninstalled & reinstalled etc.

Wouldn't fancy doing the later combat challenges with a keyboard!
Ya I spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out. Making sure I had everything installed properly, and then making sure everything was the 64 bit version. Then rechecking everything. The usual stuff you need to do when your computer doesn't want to work

I got this and AC yesterday so I guess I'll see how it goes soon enough, if my computer can even run them lol..
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
EnterTheFray

EnterTheFray's Gamercard
Quote:
Ya I spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out. Making sure I had everything installed properly, and then making sure everything was the 64 bit version. Then rechecking everything. The usual stuff you need to do when your computer doesn't want to work

I got this and AC yesterday so I guess I'll see how it goes soon enough, if my computer can even run them lol..
Did you follow the youtube video I posted?

Does the controller flash with all 4 lights or does it actually pick up the reciever but just doesn't want to work?

EnterTheFray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Quote:
I was wondering how difficult this game is on the PC using just the mouse and keyboard? I'm not too big on playing PC games anymore, and I don't think I've ever played a game like Arkham on PC before, but I was thinking about playing the PC version and both GOTY versions just to show how much I love this game

I would imagine it comes down to muscle memory, like the console version, I was just wondering if there were any major differences.
It actually made Freeflow perfection a lot easier, in general I found the game a lot more fun using KB&M over a controller.

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote