PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Now Implemented Update

I can't begin to tell you how many times I will be using team skills. Nonetheless, here's the rundown straight from the website.

Gameplay

Team Skills will work properly for everyone now! It’s a Happy Miracle!

Players were once able to attack the castle gate while their back was turned towards it. This has been fixed!

Sometimes a bug occurred that prevented any other player from riding the ballista, cannon, or bird cannon if the player that had been riding it exited the game. We fixed this, so blow your enemy to smithereens!

Some players noticed that a weapon’s Enchant effect remained suspended in mid-air when a player fell to death in dead state at the same time as being knocked away. This has been fixed!

Fixed the bug causing display of an unnecessary image at the center of the map when displaying the player info screen from the map list or death screen.

The opponent that killed your character didn’t always display on the Spawn Stronger screen, but we’ve fixed it! It’s always nice to keep your enemies closer…

Your game should no longer crash when accepting an invite to a game!

At random times, the Wind Trap remains suspended in mid-air after destroying a suspension bridge on which the Wind Trap skill had been positioned. This has been fixed!

Multiplayer

Raised the maximum number of members in a party to 8 for multiplayer situations outside of player matches.

Increased the amount of time you have between Quick Matches to either exit the game or stay for the next match. Think fast!

We made it impossible for a game to start with a larger number of players on one team and less on the other.

Special Challenge

Occasionally a bug prevented the correct display of the arrow shown above the heads of the special bot characters serving as bosses or bonus characters.

Fixed the bug permitting friends to be invited.

We also adjusted a bug concerning the amount of time during which the main menu can be manipulated when joining from a lobby to an ongoing game

Happy Cards

The number of lamps being lighted is now maintained even if the Happy Cards screen is exited.

Fixed to prevent the lamp description message from being displayed when all the lamps are being displayed at the same time.

Items

Replaced the graphic for some super premium weapon to a new unique one.

Fixed the bug permitting multiple Happy Dance buffs to be applied to a single item in item modification.

Messages, Etc.

Fixed the bug preventing progress in the game when disconnected from Xbox LIVE during a download from the Happy Wars service at the title screen.

Fixed the bug permitting the same item from being picked up multiple times on the treasure map.

An error message is now displayed when auto-save fails for the treasure map.

Now presenting a correct error message when a low-bandwidth player is cut out from multiplayer mode.

Fixed the help message for the stage settings.

A few other various bugs that caused improper messages or data to appear on the inappropriate screen

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Downloading it now, and it's taking a while for an update!! (Hoping it's just really good....)

Has anyone tried it yet, do team skills actually work again?
If they do i will be gathering a posse in the trading thread to get the 'Battle Master' achievement as i only have a few team skills i couldn't get done.

I'm really pleased how well this game has been supported for a free game.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
DMV

Oh yes, they definitely work again, no bugs or anything. Everything that was messed up seems to be working properly, even though I'm a little skeptical on how the rocketman range is shortened on the warrior's skill, it doesn't go as far as usual. But everything works.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great stuff, i thought the team element was one of the best parts of the game, as evidenced by having a good team and kicking ass then getting the lone wolf team who lose in minutes even if they're higher levelled players.
Hopefully not too many people have been put off being involved in the team skills as hardly anyone joins in now.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
After this update I'm able to see the different eye, skin, and hair customization options in the shop again.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Still takes fooooorrrreeeevvvveeerrr to get into a quick match tho.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
Still takes fooooorrrreeeevvvveeerrr to get into a quick match tho.
So I'm guessing they still haven't fixed all of the issues with the servers? I'm a level 32 and have been placed in one of the leagues that they have. I've played around six games after getting into the league and have only been able to finish a couple of them without lagging out. It sucks because if you get disconnected they won't count your points towards your next game in the league that they have.

Also, has anyone experienced constant disconnects from XBL when playing this game? I almost never get randomly disconnected when playing other games online, but I have been disconnected from XBL in this game at least 15+ times. Getting really annoying, but I'm glad they fixed some of the issues and glitches with the update.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I can get into the Special Challenge games easy as pie, first time with no problem. But quick match just isn't happening for me tonight, it takes far too long, people drop out as it takes so long, then I get a connection lost message. Hasn't worked all evening.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
So I'm guessing they still haven't fixed all of the issues with the servers? I'm a level 32 and have been placed in one of the leagues that they have. I've played around six games after getting into the league and have only been able to finish a couple of them without lagging out. It sucks because if you get disconnected they won't count your points towards your next game in the league that they have.

Also, has anyone experienced constant disconnects from XBL when playing this game? I almost never get randomly disconnected when playing other games online, but I have been disconnected from XBL in this game at least 15+ times. Getting really annoying, but I'm glad they fixed some of the issues and glitches with the update.
Not really, while I had my share of getting kicked out of lobbies since people tend to lag out a lot, I haven't really had any connection issues. On top of that, I don't play quick match because of how long it takes to start up and play a match or two. Quick question to anyone that plays quick matches, besides joining league rankings and getting your emblem changed, is there anything else that Co-op can't do that Quick match can?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
Sard of KC

Sard of KC's Gamercard
I was very happy to see an update to this game today hoping i could actually play and finish matches. I just tried a Challenge, a Coop and a Quick match and got disconnected from the host on each one after about 5 minutes. I have no issues with other games and multi player. It's very maddening that I can't play this game consistently.
Sard of KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
Kami Maybe

Kami Maybe's Gamercard
Im glad to see team skills finally in use, but the connection issues for quick match are still there so most of the time i just end up playing co-op
Kami Maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #12
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quick match is really messed up. I was only able to have 2/8 full games and the teams were unbalanced in skill. I start one of the 8 games and then my character does an "instant transmission" (dbz term) and I was able to see and hear other players. The game says I couldn't connect and that I wouldn't lose no league points. The next screen says I lost league points.

"The number of lamps being lighted is now maintained even if the Happy Cards screen is exited."

That would of been nice if I still had my free 80 happy tickets (40 from beta and 40 from campaign). Don't spend happy tickets on the special challnege. I wasted mine on it and it was a big mistake.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #13
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
That would of been nice if I still had my free 80 happy tickets (40 from beta and 40 from campaign). Don't spend happy tickets on the special challnege. I wasted mine on it and it was a big mistake.
Yup, I agree. They should have an option to get more Happy Tickets by using your Happy Stars to do so.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
UnarmedReaper07

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Yup, I agree. They should have an option to get more Happy Tickets by using your Happy Stars to do so.

More people would be playing this game if that was true. This includes myself.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
ViRaLuNdEaD

viralundead's Gamercard
Team skills definitely work muuuuuch better. People are firing them off constantly now and it helps a lot. I have had a few instances of the same issue from before the update, but only twice in about 20 games of joining or initiating tons of team skills.

Connection issues are still rampant. Co-op has been almost a complete waste of time for me. I probably only finish 1 of 10 rounds that I join and forget about finishing all 3 rounds of a match. I still get dropped for not enough players about 90% of the time.

The only time I actually get XP is from the special challenges since those seem to be more stable.

Still having loads of fun though!

ViRaLuNdEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
UnarmedReaper07

Anyone noticed that it's a lot harder now to get a level 5 crown present? I used to get them a decent amount before the update and now I can only get up to a golden tag present level 3.

*I even use "EXP Up Lv 3*

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 01-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
ViRaLuNdEaD

viralundead's Gamercard
Quote:
Anyone noticed that it's a lot harder now to get a level 5 crown present? I used to get them a decent amount before the update and now I can only get up to a golden tag present level 3.

Yeah I noticed that too. I seem to cap out at level 3 or 4 mostly on presents.

ViRaLuNdEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

I wasn't even aware that they can go up to level 5. Level 4 is the highest I've gotten on both the red and blue presents.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
UnarmedReaper07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumato View Post
I wasn't even aware that they can go up to level 5. Level 4 is the highest I've gotten on both the red and blue presents.

The game will only tell you that your at a level 4 present with enough XP, which is a bit decorated. When you get more XP you have a chance to get a level 5 present afterwards, that's decorated and has a crown on top of it. It gives you the best items. Once I got a red present, (it gives you 3 gifts instead of one) (blue present gives only 1 gift, the gift color is random) and it had 2 premium items in it out of 3.

Here is some extra info about this stuff:

http://happywars.wikia.com/wiki/Item_box

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 01-23-2013 at 08:36 PM.