PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which options do you support for future representers? (Check all options you like)
I support a single tier system for representers 9 21.43%
I support a two tier system for representers 24 57.14%
I support a three+ tier system for representers 12 28.57%
I support a 6 month/500 post requirement 22 52.38%
I support a 12 month/1000 post requirement 19 45.24%
I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier 20 47.62%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org in their LIVE motto only 15 35.71%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile 22 52.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #181
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
So going forward, let's not talk about the platinum. Down the road we can bring it back up.
Well I don't intend to derail the current progress, however a minor thought has occured to me. Currently the poll is leaning to the 2-tier plan, which begs the question; would the ideas behind "platinum" (currently in staff/admin hands) be implemented as a 3rd tier (assuming the 2-tier was put in place) or incorporated into "hardcore"?

And for those wondering, please look through the old posts instead of asking what that is, so that current discussions don't go sideways. Thanks.

New Page
Link to proposals: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...&postcount=127

Before moving forward, a couple of items to keep in mind
1- These 2 proposals are not set in stone! These are the results from a few brainstorming sessions from members who've participated thus far.
2- Thank you for helping us move forward by providing feedback! Keep it coming and try to get more members involved if you can. It certainly helps.
3- Unless someone can convince staff otherwise, the application process is not up for changes or debate. This means that no matter what, all of those who wish to represent the site must be a member for 6 months, have 500 non-spam posts and be approved by a staff member.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-16-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: New page
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #182
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Currently the poll is leaning to the 2-tier plan
The current poll results are a little less even than the posts in this thread had suggested. I guess the minority was just a little more vocal!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #183
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
The current poll results are a little less even than the posts in this thread had suggested. I guess the minority was just a little more vocal!
Agree. I think when the poll closes, we're are gonna have a clear idea of how to shape the final proposal. The feedback has been great too, both before and since the poll has opened.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #184
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My votes:

I support a two tier system for representers
I support a three+ tier system for representers
Reasoning: I'm undecided on which I want, but I would at least prefer a tier system. Right now, I'm leaning towards the three tier system.

I support a 12 month/1000 post requirement
Reasoning: This would be instead of changing your gamertag. My reasoning is the requirement would need to be increased if you don't change it. Only applies to tier system.

I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier
Reasoning: Same as above.

I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile
Reasoning: I feel like having it in your profile lends a little flexibility.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #185
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Hurray for 2-tier! Really surprised to see it has a super-majority too, I wish these people would have spoke up more in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchambers69 View Post
nice ideas i think, i need help with how to show my gamertag, ive tried suggested lower case all letters and lower case 1st letter, just want my 42000 up and wanted to see if i could scan through completed achievements on here as that would be quality.
It's broken.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #186
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
My votes:

I support a single tier system for representers

I can get behind leaving it as a single-tier system, even if the requirements are lessened.

I can also get behind a multi-tier system, since it's fair to discern representers who have changed their tag with those who haven't.

I support a 6 month/500 post requirement

I think most people are probably on board with this since these are the current requirements, so basically I'm fine with leaving it as is.

I'm in favour of this choice only if a multi-tier system is implemented. There's no reason to raise the existing requirements otherwise.

I support recognizing those that have x360a.org in their LIVE motto only

I say have it motto-only simply because everyone sees your motto, not everyone looks at your bio. If you're not willing to drop the $10 to change your gamertag you should concede your motto space.
My reasoning is very similar to dak's. Obviously, I'm a little biased, as I was all for the Gamertag change when I became a rep, and I don't think it should change too much from that.

However, if change is what is needed, then I can behind it to an extent. As dak said; if you don't want to pay to change your tag, your motto should be an easy sacrifice. How many people use their motto for an actual "motto"? Not many. It's mostly used for a quick joke, an advertisement, or some stupid symbols.

I think 6 months is plenty enough time, and it gives people ample time to check the site out and decide if they want to become a rep. You can't possibly choose to rep the site if you've only just joined. Of course, you could have lurked for years before joining, but what stopped you? If you like the place, you should sign up immediately.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #187
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Is there a referral link we can just copy and post so that we get credit for a referral to the site?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #188
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Is there a referral link we can just copy and post so that we get credit for a referral to the site?
It asks you during registration if someone referred you.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #189
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Well, no-one quoted my post and got back to me... Sniff Sniff...

Anyway, I'm an active circuit game around the EU and local comps in UK.
(i38, MLG UK Warlords Tour, Matchbox 360, eNemyDown etc) I have no problem in repping the site at those places. With Hoodys, T-shirts, whatever, I don't mind. I don't mind putting it all in my bio, motto, whatever.

Also....

I can do the tattoo....
Yes, I'm being serious.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #190
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
It asks you during registration if someone referred you.
Yes, but unless you go out of your way to tell them to put your name down on the form they may miss it during the registration process, or simply forget to put it down (or, god forbid, they forget your name ). What he's asking for is a way to help ensure he gets credit if someone makes their way to the site due to his promotion, I think.

When they click this link it auto-fills the referral box with your name, I guess? Is that what you were asking for?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #191
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
There is not. If nothing else, since we don't permit referral links in signatures on the site, it would be a bit hypocritical. However, there is a process in place now that will help rectify oversights of this sort. I haven't moved it to a public forum yet, but it does address the issue in what I hope is a satisfactory method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie View Post
Well, no-one quoted my post and got back to me... Sniff Sniff...

Anyway, I'm an active circuit game around the EU and local comps in UK.
(i38, MLG UK Warlords Tour, Matchbox 360, eNemyDown etc) I have no problem in repping the site at those places. With Hoodys, T-shirts, whatever, I don't mind. I don't mind putting it all in my bio, motto, whatever.

Also....

I can do the tattoo....
Yes, I'm being serious.
Gotta be honest here, needles scare me. I have an extremely low tolerance for pain. Re merchandise, I have it on the agenda to discuss with Webb and Rx, so more on that when we get together in February.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #192
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Quote:

Gotta be honest here, needles scare me. I have an extremely low tolerance for pain. Re merchandise, I have it on the agenda to discuss with Webb and Rx, so more on that when we get together in February.
Haha, needles still scare me.
Tattoo needles? Not so much.
As far as merchendise goes, make sure to keep me in the loop when you do have it sorted.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #193
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Yes, but unless you go out of your way to tell them to put your name down on the form they may miss it during the registration process, or simply forget to put it down (or, god forbid, they forget your name ). What he's asking for is a way to help ensure he gets credit if someone makes their way to the site due to his promotion, I think.

When they click this link it auto-fills the referral box with your name, I guess? Is that what you were asking for?
Yeah thats what I meant. I was going to post some stuff on craigslist inviting people to the site so I want to be sure I get credit.

Quote:
There is not. If nothing else, since we don't permit referral links in signatures on the site, it would be a bit hypocritical. However, there is a process in place now that will help rectify oversights of this sort. I haven't moved it to a public forum yet, but it does address the issue in what I hope is a satisfactory method.

cool. Looking forward to some x360a gear.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #194
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
I'm not trying to be rude Carmona, but dude stop trying so hard. First you get jealous that kyboy got attention from Creech, now you're worried about getting credit for using an advertisement website?

You're past enthusiastic at this point, you're desperate. And that's doing it wrong.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-17-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #195
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I'm not trying to be rude Carmona, but dude stop trying so hard. First you get jealous that kyboy got attention from Creech, now you're worried about getting credit for using an advertisement website?

You're past enthusiastic at this point, you're desperate. And that's doing it wrong.
are you just messing with me?...or are you serious?

Either way I'm not too worried about what you think of me cause in both instances you're wrong.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #196
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
It took less time to give my votes in a poll than start discussing them here since it takes like an hour from my day to even keep track of this thread It seems my votes are in the majority as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #197
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
It took less time to give my votes in a poll than start discussing them here since it takes like an hour from my day to even keep track of this thread It seems my votes are in the majority as well.
Well they count double anyway, right?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 AM   #198
Spanish Assault

Here is another question....who handles the sites twitter account? I was thinking of ways to promote the site and re-tweeting came to mind...but the sites last post was from 2010.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #199
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Here is another question....who handles the sites twitter account? I was thinking of ways to promote the site and re-tweeting came to mind...but the sites last post was from 2010.
You sure you're following the right account? I see tweets daily, typically linking the news articles.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #200
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
You sure you're following the right account? I see tweets daily, typically linking the news articles.
doesn't sound like it....I see the link below. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #201
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Glad a poll was added. It looks like every is gonna be down to see some changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #202
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've been a representer for 5-6 years now and I like the way it is. If I were to change anything, it would be a "tier" system.

Not really sure what you (Jappe) meant by a "tier" system, but a system where you could earn a forum picture or a trophy once you clear the prereq (IE; post count, time passed since you joined, etc.) I would be all for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Karma View Post
My votes:

I support a three+ tier system for representers
Reasoning: I'm undecided on which I want, but I would at least prefer a tier system. Right now, I'm leaning towards the three tier system.

Reasoning: This would be instead of changing your gamertag. My reasoning is the requirement would need to be increased if you don't change it. Only applies to tier system.

I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier
Reasoning: Same as above.

I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile
Reasoning: I feel like having it in your profile lends a little flexibility.
I agree with BK.

Last edited by XxBlueSpade2xX; 01-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #203
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
The poll hasn't changed noticeably in a couple of days now, so I am going to close this and let Jappe and I firm up the results in clear English.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Closed Thread