PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #331
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
While I am still miffed at this, I'm not gonna stop playing fun games because of achievements....
chaoschao222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #332
OwnbyOmmar

2013 and still doesn't work

Alright so I started the game recently, got about 125 emblems and before I was going to get the other 5 emblems through chao race, I went for the 60 missions instead.

I finished my 60th mission and was sad to see no achievement come up so I immediately went on the forums and saw that it was glitched AND THAT THE METAL SONIC ONE WAS TOO!!!!

I am pretty much not going to even finish the game now. Worse part is that these problems have been going on for a long time now and its 2013 now with no solution.

Very, Very upset.

Although I did do Sonic Adventure 2 and got all of the achievements with no problem so feel free to play that 1
OwnbyOmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #333
ScottHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnbyOmmar View Post
Alright so I started the game recently, got about 125 emblems and before I was going to get the other 5 emblems through chao race, I went for the 60 missions instead.

I finished my 60th mission and was sad to see no achievement come up so I immediately went on the forums and saw that it was glitched AND THAT THE METAL SONIC ONE WAS TOO!!!!

I am pretty much not going to even finish the game now. Worse part is that these problems have been going on for a long time now and its 2013 now with no solution.

Very, Very upset.

Although I did do Sonic Adventure 2 and got all of the achievements with no problem so feel free to play that 1
The worst part is that it WAS fixed. It's a disgrace that they could mess it up again.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #334
Hyuzeni Pattasan

HUKU177's Gamercard
Still no fixed eh? Sonic Adventure went down to 400msp. DX DLC is already dead, again!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #335
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
I think at this stage its safe to say SEGA has no intention of providing any further support on this issue. I myself have opened several tickets but they either deny the issue, play it down to a cache/save data issue or claim its already fixed.

So we've tried putting our hopes on SEGA and it hasn't worked. I say its now time to turn to the gaming community. XBLA games are essentially shareware. Handing out copies just gives your friends who don't already own it access to a trial of the game. And as the trial version is freely available, handing out copies of it isn't illegial.

So my suggestion is for someone who has the 1.5gb version to copy the game onto an empty xbox formatted USB stick. Then upload the files on this stick somewhere on the net. The rest of us would copy these files, place them on an empty USB and then plug that USB into our xbox and over-writed the crappy 1.6gb version with the 1.5gb version.

Obviously this solution requires someone from the gaming community with the correct version of the game to step up for us. So lets see if the community is more supportive than SEGA is.
Daeymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #336
ScottHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeymon View Post
I think at this stage its safe to say SEGA has no intention of providing any further support on this issue. I myself have opened several tickets but they either deny the issue, play it down to a cache/save data issue or claim its already fixed.

So we've tried putting our hopes on SEGA and it hasn't worked. I say its now time to turn to the gaming community. XBLA games are essentially shareware. Handing out copies just gives your friends who don't already own it access to a trial of the game. And as the trial version is freely available, handing out copies of it isn't illegial.

So my suggestion is for someone who has the 1.5gb version to copy the game onto an empty xbox formatted USB stick. Then upload the files on this stick somewhere on the net. The rest of us would copy these files, place them on an empty USB and then plug that USB into our xbox and over-writed the crappy 1.6gb version with the 1.5gb version.

Obviously this solution requires someone from the gaming community with the correct version of the game to step up for us. So lets see if the community is more supportive than SEGA is.
I would do this but i deleted the game, i had the Dreamcast collection version so i no longer needed the game on my hard drive. I would have kept it had i known that this stupid glitch was going to come back.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #337
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
I didn't think the Dreamcast Collection version was ever debugged? But its the 1.5gb XBLA version that appeared early in 2012 but dissappeared again around June 2012 that I'm referring to.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #338
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
This probably won't work, the trial version on the marketplace is the working version of the game, but if you download it and try to unlock the full version it has you download the broken one for some weird reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #339
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
What your referring to is the 1.5gb Trial Version, that version only has a trial mode and no full unlock mode, thus why it makes you download the full version when you unlock. I have downloaded that version in a hope the 1.5gb Trial version was connected to the 1.5gb full version released last year, alas it is not. What I want someone to share is the 1.5gb full version, that came out early last year. If someone without the DRM opens it, it'll open in a special trial mode that mimics the Trial Version download, while if you have the DRM it'll open as normal. As I have the DRM for me it'll open in full mode, it won't even have the unlock button on the menu. This will be the case for everyone who has bought it.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #340
ScottHarris

Quote:
I didn't think the Dreamcast Collection version was ever debugged? But its the 1.5gb XBLA version that appeared early in 2012 but dissappeared again around June 2012 that I'm referring to.
Yes i know that's what i was talking about.

I had that 1.5gb file but i deleted it because i didn't think the bug would come up again, another reason i deleted it is because i had the Dreamcast Collection version, also i didn't really need it anymore because i already got the DX achievements. Like i said though, if i knew this problem would come up again i would have kept the 1.5gb version
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #341
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
Ah, I just read it wrong. So you ended up buying two copies, the things these companies make us do because of their mistakes. And there is nothing wrong with the assumption that you made, that it would stay fixed, it seems to be one hell of a dumb screw up that its back to being glitched.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #342
OmegaBaconx123

OmegaBaconx123's Gamercard
People still having this problem? I've been trying to get these achievements since August last year, too, i've earned the mission one and the one for unlocking Metal Sonic but the fact they won't unlock makes me want to stop playing.
It's 2013 now and still no solution.....
OmegaBaconx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #343
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
I have been a persistant git on this issue with SEGA and finally, after shooting down all the bullshit with counter points, this is what they have responded with:

Ticket #51384: DLC Achievements Not Unlocking Your request (#51384) has been updated:

Sean, Mar 13 12:14 (PDT): Hello James,
We have investigated this issue and due to various reasons a solution for this issue will not be available.
Regards,
Sean S.
SEGA of America
Customer Support

So that's pretty much it with SEGA. I'm still working on a community driven solution to this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #344
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
Those are just encrypted files. Basically if you copy those files to another usb stick, you should be able to just plug in the second usb stick into an Xbox and it'll have the contents of the original usb stick. I use this method to back up my game saves to my computer. The only trick is that the second usb stick must be the same size as the original, though you can get round that by using a program called Xtaf that can inject and extract from the encrypted files.

In terms of not wanting to get banned, if you upload the files, only provide the link in private messages. Don't just post it. Microsoft won't care about people passing it to each other, but will care if someone makes it available for mass file sharing for any and all.

Someone has already successfully uploaded to me a Day 1 version of Sonic Adventure which is the oldschool 1.6gb unglitched version. Unfortunately that version seems to have its own DRM to the current version, because it wouldn't launch in full mode for me.

I believe Veedrock thinks this will happen with the 1.5gb unglitched version, and he might be right. But I still think its best to try to find out for sure.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #345
OpsE1ite

OpsE1ite's Gamercard
Assuming the 1.6GB version is deleted, wouldn't using the 1.5GB version offline work?
OpsE1ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #346
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
Online or offline doesn't matter, you still need the DRM on the console for the game to launch in full mode instead of demo mode.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #347
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
Okay, the verdict is in. I got a copy of the 1.5gb unglitched version. Firstly, its different to the 1.5gb trial version you can download off the marketplace. But I'm afraid it does indeed have its own DRM (Digital Rights). The 1.5gb unglitched version will only launch in demo mode if all you have ever downloaded off the marketplace is the 1.6gb glitched version. If you've previously downloaded the unglitched version, you'll have the DRM attached to your gamertag and you'll be fine.

So as it stands, the only solution is to get your hands on the 1.5gb unglitched version through file transfer from someone who has it, and have a profile on your console that has the DRM for that version.

So annoyed at this, but a big thankyou to everyone who helped me at least to find out this much.

So to summarise. There are 4 versions of the game:
1. Day 1 Unglitched 1.6gb Version. Not on the marketplace and has its own DRM. If you don't have the DRM it won't even launch.
2. Glitched 1.6gb Version. On the marketplace, has its own DRM. Not sure what this version does if you don't have the DRM.
3. Unglitched 1.5gb Version. Not on the marketplace and has its own DRM. If you don't have the DRM its launches in demo mode.
4. 1.5gb Demo Only Version. On the marketplace and doesn't need DRM.

So four different versions of the game, and three different DRM's. SEGA really made a mess of this.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #348
OpsE1ite

OpsE1ite's Gamercard
So then, couldn't someone with the DRM create a "community" silver account, that we all could recover?
OpsE1ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #349
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsE1ite View Post
So then, couldn't someone with the DRM create a "community" silver account, that we all could recover?
The two versions are attached to the same license, the problem resides entirely on the marketplace (which is universal). I have the working version of the game but if I try to download it again I get the broken version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 03-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #350
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
That can't be true Veedrock. If they're attached to the same license, then why does the 1.5gb unglitched version I've acquired only launch in demo mode? While the 1.6gb glitched version runs in full mode. So I have the licenses for one, not the other. So they must be separate licenses.

By the way, I'm getting a few messages from people wanting the unglitched versions I acquired. I just would like to make it clear as they didn't work for me, I didn't retain any of the versions that I don't have the DRM for. Apologies to anyone who wanted them.

Last edited by Daeymon; 04-01-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #351
Urox

But Sega doesn´t respair this bug yet? More people send ticket to sega describing the problem and sega ignore us. Other solution is call Microsoft and talk about this problem with Sega. They tell me that the complaints are efficients only if there are numerous...and they will make something. Please people, call Microsoft to make a complaint. Other way legal is
to make a complaint in the consumer´s office because Sega is selling a broken product.
Urox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #352
Dobermann X

Dobermann X's Gamercard
I have the same problem!!!!!
I bought SADX on another account when it was released and got 250G, i wanted to play it on my new account, and saw that the demo version and the complete version was two différent files. One of 1.5GB and another of 1.6GB...

Last edited by Dobermann X; 04-29-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Dobermann X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #353
ScottHarris

To everyone that is still effected by this glitch you may be interested to know that Sega is doing another sale so it may be a good idea to download it again. I remember when they did a New years sale and fixed the glitch so this may be your chance.

DOWN LOAD IT NOW AND FIND OUT, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT AGAIN
Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #354
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
I just bought the game on sale, figured 160MSP is worth the risk to see if they've fixed it again, and it does still do that weird shit where it redownloads the whole game when you buy it, but it says the download is 1.5GB. I don't know if that means I got a fixed version, but you guys seem much more knowledgable about that so I thought I'd post it in case it helps anyone.

Edit: How weird, it keeps the trial version on your HDD so it's 3+GB total. The full version download says 1.6GB in the storage menu.

Last edited by DROGTURIST; 06-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #355
ScottHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
I just bought the game on sale, figured 160MSP is worth the risk to see if they've fixed it again, and it does still do that weird shit where it redownloads the whole game when you buy it, but it says the download is 1.5GB. I don't know if that means I got a fixed version, but you guys seem much more knowledgable about that so I thought I'd post it in case it helps anyone.

Edit: How weird, it keeps the trial version on your HDD so it's 3+GB total. The full version download says 1.6GB in the storage menu.
Nah it's still not fixed Shame.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #356
Fried Cola

repeating what everyone else has said: still hasn't been fixed

re-downloaded both game and DLC today and used my 129 emblem save. still no luck. this game

f-you sega.

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #357
Urox

A great news : Now the upgrades are free for the developers companies. Microsoft announced this new policy in his services xbox live.
My english is not so good...please someone write to sega america for explain this. Now is free for sega edit a upgrade for fix the achievements. Before sega will pay for this and this is the reason that the problem persist....but now is free for sega !!!
Urox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #358
Davidian09

Davidian09's Gamercard
Fixed version available!!!

A quick warning to everyone of this post:

I can confirm that the fixed version of the game (1,49GB on marketplace and 1,5GB on disc) IS NOW AVAILABLE!!

A big shout-out to SirEzhno who warned me with an xbox live message!

Go download it while you can and finish it already!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #359
ScottHarris

Just a little message for people who have the Dreamcast Collection version. The Achievements are still glitched because that version will always be the 1.6GB version, so if you want these achievements you will need to download the one from Xbox Live.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #360
SlimKirby

SlimKirby64's Gamercard
Yep, this achievement is not activating for me either. However, I do have a little story to go along with this.

I did the Mission Mode first. I beat all 60 missions and did not get the achievement. I did some research and found that this has been a problem for many, along with the other two DLC achievements. I saw that one of the problems is the original 1.6 GB version fo the game vs. the 1.5. I looked and saw I had both versions. I deleted the 1.6 version and when I went back to Mission Mode and did 1 mission...I GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT! =D

However...Metal Sonic achievement is still not unlocking and I do have all 130 emblems and have beaten a few levels with Metal Sonic already. And I'm pretty sure it will do the same thing for Metal Sonic Master as well, so I am nervous about continuing. I really hate the thought of having this blemish forever on my Gamer Score, but I don't want to waste any time if there has still not been a permanent fix for this.....

I still have hope though...I mean...I did get the Mission Mode achievement, which was also glitched.....are there any other things I should try before I give up? Also, I think it's ridiculous that Sega refuses to even work with gamers to get this fixed....that one email post that someone made......Sega basically just said "Well, you're f***ed! Too bad!"
SlimKirby is offline   Reply With Quote