PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #451
Goblin93

as much as the cutscenes are epic i dislike how you cant skip like 90% of them which sucks when you just want to breeze through your 2nd+ playthrough
Goblin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #452
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Fuck their unbalanced multiplayer and shitty achievements. I'll not be doing DLC on this game. I managed to stomach the regular MP achievements until I started trying for Sweep. Then I pulled out my Hori controller and AFKed a few nights (auto fire on A and RT). Woke up to the console being completely frozen twice because of this garbage game, but I ended up getting a Win based achievements by AFKing. Now fuck Rockstar. I'll get my 50 in Score Attack. btw, Am I the only one that has never been able to actually bring up the social club thing to login? I tried to do it for the weekend event and it just constantly says the servers are unavailable.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.

Last edited by Viper187; 11-03-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #453
srhdt

The degree of difficulty and the awkward controls really make this game incredibly frustrating way too often. Even as an achievement perfectionist I can't even fathom attempting to get 'The Shadows Rushed Me'.
srhdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 AM   #454
Goblin93

is it just that my guy sucks or is it that it takes a long time to kill those people in those bomber suits...i got done playing with one and he was just dominating going like 35+-15
Goblin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #455
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin93 View Post
as much as the cutscenes are epic i dislike how you cant skip like 90% of them which sucks when you just want to breeze through your 2nd+ playthrough
I get what you mean because I have played through this game 3 times and the cutscenes are old. That's okay though, because usually when the cut scenes play, I do something useful like look over notes or do some laundry.. xD

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #456
JT Fever

oO JT Fever Oo's Gamercard
Multiplayer, so many good ideas, looks smart but plays like shit, whos idea for A to run, really bad hit detection. I like to play online in some games but this is just IMO poor. No i wont be purchasing season pass

peace

n-joi
JT Fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #457
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
Great game Max Payne 3, but the multiplayer is the worst online game experience ever! Some much chaos, completly worthless gameplay!
Harry Rasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #458
metlika

metlika87's Gamercard
Just been trying to get the 10 in a row bullet time achievement and well bullet time just doesn't work. Tried to do the achievement on the boat at Chapter 5 let the meter fill up and just wouldn't go into bullet time.

Tried a different location and chapter still the same problem, then tried it in a different chapter where there isn't a set shooting point and I could dive and it worked ffs.

Any ideas what has went wrong?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #459
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
I'm a big fan of the multiplayer but LMFAO at how the invincibility glitch came back just in time for Christmas.
You know the opne where you empty their health guage and their avatar does the 'URGH! I'll collapse now.' but they can still kill you whilst lying down dead.

...and if they don't get you then, then it'll be their character up and running about nearby with a full health gauge within seconds that'll kill ya. BLARGH. I thought you fixed this Rockstar, hmm?

Last edited by Hurricane Of 87; 01-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #460
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
During chapter 11 of New York Minute run, after the zipline where Max grabs that guy and loses the two-handed weapon, I decided to pick up a weapon that was behind the spot where Max drops down from the zipline. Guess what, does that stupid overly long roll-move towards the back of the screen, drops down to the water behind and dies instantly. Lovely.

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #461
bigbadron

NOTbigbadron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by metlika View Post
Just been trying to get the 10 in a row bullet time achievement and well bullet time just doesn't work. Tried to do the achievement on the boat at Chapter 5 let the meter fill up and just wouldn't go into bullet time.

Tried a different location and chapter still the same problem, then tried it in a different chapter where there isn't a set shooting point and I could dive and it worked ffs.

Any ideas what has went wrong?
that sounds weird. i did the boat way, took a few tries, but never had the bullet time not work.
bigbadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #462
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not too far in, maybe 2hrs or something, but man... it's pretty boring story wise. I'm in Act 2, just got out of the bar fight, and... boring. Hope it picks up. It feels like a poorly done modern "action/drama". The cut scenes directed by Tony Scott (RIP), and the main story done by some first time wannabe Tarantino, who's never seen a Tarantino flick. The "noir" style voice overs seem very silly at times. The gameplay itself is okay, but... eh, no hate, but it's very average to me at this point.

For a R* game, it's letting me down.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #463
VishMartDotCom

vishuz venum's Gamercard
Why do we have to beat the game FIVE TIMES to get the original 1000g???? No one else finds this retarded? Infuriating? And also just a poke at us (us being ppl who want 1000g at least) by the developers who know we need to have 100% completion or suffer the pangs of "damn I didn't 100% that game""???!!!!
VishMartDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #464
Dannyb01y

Been trying to get 10 kills in one bullet time and 30 kills in two minutes to no avail. Am 99% I'm doing everything under the right conditions and that the game is trying to pee me off. :/

EDIT* Tried to get the 10 kills in one bullet time today about 5-10 times no luck. Then it popped after loading a NYM level. Then 30 kills in 2 minutes popped on the boat level also.

Glad they popped finally.

Last edited by Dannyb01y; 01-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Dannyb01y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #465
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Wow, 400+ posts in the bitching thread! All I have a gripe with is the DLC and multiplayer overkill. I finished all the SP achievements and thought, hey 93% isn't half bad. Now with all this bull shit map pack based DLC out I'm down to 54% or something.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #466
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Just want to bitch about the fact that all the DLC + Season Pass was meant to go on sale today but they canceled it? I'm sad.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #467
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Now comes the next real BITCH:

Playing the new CHALLENGE MODE now up to chapter 5 everything good but then after I've failed a challenge (Kill 8 enemies, only headshots & shootdoge) the game takes away all my guns and then the screen is all black and all I can hear is gunfire. Great just fucking great!

I'm done with this BULLSHIT!!!!

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #468
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I see bugs are still a problem with this game. Haven't played MP since the Local Justice Map Pack came out. It's still fun but also causing me to rage at small problems that should have been addressed ages ago.
p.s. when did everyone start dual wielding Auto 9MM? That game is full of those and it's ridiculous
p.p.s. FIX THE FUCKING MP! Gang Wars hangs after a round for a few minutes causing everyone to leave. Not to mention the lag. Jesus, you work for Rockstar. You're games should be better than this.

Last edited by tripleb2k; 01-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.
tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #469
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
Im pissed because the NYM co op mode which I payed for has not been delivered. Instead we get a bullshit tack on Horde mode. The only dlc that sounded good was NYM co op, even if it was just a rehash of the main story but in 2 player that would have been better than what we actually got
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #470
Ibanez V7

Ibanez V7's Gamercard
1665 Gamerscore. Enough said.

Last in the World to 1K Avatar: TBE
Ibanez V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #471
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez V7 View Post
1665 Gamerscore. Enough said.
So the game is garbage because the gamerscore is 1665 ? You achievement whores are silly people.
I don't play games for achievements nor do I rate games based on an achievement list. I play games for fun, it's one of my hobbies. I do however like to %100 the games I enjoy or purchase, achievements or not. I like this site for it's supurb game guides, news and reviews.
GTAV 9/17/13
I Love Grand Theft Auto !!!
MilezDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #472
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Multiplayer's good IMO, but the achievements for the game blow.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #473
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Thumbs down

Worst R* game I have ever played.
Stick to your low res sandbox ffs.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #474
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
Worst R* game I have ever played.
Stick to your low res sandbox ffs.
The game is brilliant. If you wanted a sandbox game... I dunno... buy a sandbox game! Idiot!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #475
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
The game is brilliant. If you wanted a sandbox game... I dunno... buy a sandbox game! Idiot!
No, the story was pretty good. However, the multiplayer was horrible, and the aiming system is atrocious. I sit within 2 feet of an HD screen, and I still couldn't see the goddamn reticle half the time.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #476
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
So, I picked this game up a week or so ago. The single-player is quite solid so far, thanks primarily to the great voice work, but the multiplayer just doesn't work. Perhaps it's because of Max Payne's style of gameplay, but every match I've played is just complete chaos with no real teamwork or strategy to speak of. I understand that people like fast-paced games, but I feel that there has to be a method to the madness, an underlying order in the chaos, in a good multiplayer game (e.g. Halo 3). That's not what I've experienced playing this game's multiplayer.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #477
Doc Lolly

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Sigma View Post
So, I picked this game up a week or so ago. The single-player is quite solid so far, thanks primarily to the great voice work, but the multiplayer just doesn't work. Perhaps it's because of Max Payne's style of gameplay, but every match I've played is just complete chaos with no real teamwork or strategy to speak of. I understand that people like fast-paced games, but I feel that there has to be a method to the madness, an underlying order in the chaos, in a good multiplayer game (e.g. Halo 3). That's not what I've experienced playing this game's multiplayer.
yea i just started playing not to long ago also
i agree the single player is very solid besides the fact you cant skip most of the cutscenes. But the multiplayer is honestly the biggest piece of crap i have ever played. there is no method to the madness i always end up getting 40 assists in a game dying 25-30 times and getting maybe 10-15 kills (if im lucky) This game is especially unforgiving for new comers because you go into rookie deathmatch and its fairly balanced but oh u made it to level 5 already lets throw you in the deep end with all these level 40+ or prestigers who have all these perks and weapons maxed out and just blast you in the ass time and time again.

they should have made a rolling playlist that allows you to play with people within a few levels (like 1-9 10-19 20-29 etc) so atleast if you not the greatest player your playing with people of a similar skill set and have similar perks unlocked

going kerouac on everybody's ass for 21 years
Doc Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #478
pined5551

They turned the triple XP off pretty early. Just after midnight in the UK. That must be late afternoon for parts of the US... you know, when many people will sit down to play. Retarded time to shut it off. Oh well, level 20-36 for me. Annoyingly I only tried deathmatch mode with one hour of triple XP left. You can earn XP seriously fast in deathmatch if you have a full game. It's just a lightning speed kill fest for 10 minutes. On a small map I get about 40-50 kills, plus burts are accumilated much quicker. General score, about 7000 in 10 mins.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #479
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Lolly View Post
yea i just started playing not to long ago also
i agree the single player is very solid besides the fact you cant skip most of the cutscenes. But the multiplayer is honestly the biggest piece of crap i have ever played. there is no method to the madness i always end up getting 40 assists in a game dying 25-30 times and getting maybe 10-15 kills (if im lucky) This game is especially unforgiving for new comers because you go into rookie deathmatch and its fairly balanced but oh u made it to level 5 already lets throw you in the deep end with all these level 40+ or prestigers who have all these perks and weapons maxed out and just blast you in the ass time and time again.

they should have made a rolling playlist that allows you to play with people within a few levels (like 1-9 10-19 20-29 etc) so atleast if you not the greatest player your playing with people of a similar skill set and have similar perks unlocked

I agree with this. Maybe rolling playlists did exist initially but population decreases mean you have to take what you can get. The unlockables are very odd as well. Level 40 to unlock heavy armor? So the noob isnt allowed heavy defenses but the level 40 guy with supped up dual auto 9mms who has the perk to appear friendly can have it?? Strange.

The multiplayer became much more enjoyable once I had finished levelling the M4 and transitioned to dual wielding pistols which seem very overpowered in this game. Reminded me of the shotguns in Quantum of Solace.

The issues sruoounding this triple xp weekend were ridiculous, but I was lucky and dodged them all. Went from 17 to 50

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #480
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm sorry, but what is up with all the Brazilians playing shitty music through their fudging microphones?

The unlockables and damage ratio for some weapons really should use a overlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote