PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Wordament
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Some Achievements Carry Over From WP7

Just thought some people would be interested to know that some of the harder to get achievements will pop automatically if you've already earned them on the phone version of this game. It uses the same server, so you're actually playing against people who are playing on their phone while playing this. Any achievements that are "server-side" will pop when you first play the game. These include the "World Champ" for being in the top 250 of a leaderboard and "Win The Hour" achievements, which most people find to be the most difficult ones to obtain. One popped for me at the end of the first game I played, the other at the end of the second. You may have to do it in the language you obtained the achievement in previously on the phone for it to pop. The other one I got was "10 in 10" for being in the top 10 ten times; I only had to do it once for it to pop. Everything else you will have to do again; Theme Master, Digram Master, place 1st, etc.

1st in World w/100+ completions in Retail, XBLA & WP games
Buckswana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
French_Kid

Decepticog72283's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Shame that this is windows 8. By the time i decided to go 8...i will be too far behind to make an attempt. I will have to settle for the 200/200 from the phone

sig by Refined Suicide

custom lancer skins by me!
BETA Tested: Gears of War 3, Gotham City Impostors, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Hybrid and World of Tanks
French_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
So Buckswana, when you got the leaderboard achievements in this version, were you still in the top 250 of the leaderboard as you were/are on the WP version?

I don't have Win 8, but am considering it. It would be nice if I didn't have to climb the leaderboards again if I choose to play this game.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by French_Kid View Post
Shame that this is windows 8. By the time i decided to go 8...i will be too far behind to make an attempt. I will have to settle for the 200/200 from the phone
I think you misunderstood. If you have these achievements on the WP7, they'll pop in the Win8 version (or WP8). Only the server side achievements I listed above, but they're the hardest ones to get.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
So Buckswana, when you got the leaderboard achievements in this version, were you still in the top 250 of the leaderboard as you were/are on the WP version?

I don't have Win 8, but am considering it. It would be nice if I didn't have to climb the leaderboards again if I choose to play this game.
No, I wasn't even close to the top 250 by the time I did it in the Win8 version. You just have to play a game in the language you popped each achievement in before. I got the leaderboard one in English, and Top of the Hour in NED on the WP7. So the first game I played on the Win8 version in English the leaderboard one popped, the next game I played in NED and the Top of the Hour popped. Same goes for the 10 in 10; just get 1 top 10 in the room you got the achievement in (ESP for me). The rest you'll have to do over, but they're all pretty easy by comparison.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
phazer

Phazer89's Gamercard
I would've thought Win the Hour would require you to get it again, not that I'm complaining of course. Only managed to pull it off once while grinding for Top 250. So the achievements actually work now in the Windows 8 Preview? If so, time to re-install it then...
phazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
QuiCkz Ninja

QuiCkz Ninja's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer View Post
I would've thought Win the Hour would require you to get it again, not that I'm complaining of course. Only managed to pull it off once while grinding for Top 250. So the achievements actually work now in the Windows 8 Preview? If so, time to re-install it then...
Yes achievements work on Windows 8 Preview
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer View Post
The achievements work, but you have to have the right version. They had 2 different versions available for trial; Enterprise and Producer. Only one of them had access to the store and downloads (sorry, don't remember which).

Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Krzysiek68

thats Enterprise
Krzysiek68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
phazer

Phazer89's Gamercard
Was kinda lazy to set it up but I realized that I was slipping from the Top 250. Not sure if it's because I was using an older version of W8, but I'll try installing the current version. Hopefully it'll work because getting Top 250 is no joke. :/

Edit// Still not working.

Last edited by phazer; 10-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.
phazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
Unhappy

i unlocked the champ achievement on the phone with the swedish language i played 5 games on Win8 Pro retail with the same language and the achievement didn't pop up

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 AM   #12
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany1981Mtl View Post
i unlocked the champ achievement on the phone with the swedish language i played 5 games on Win8 Pro retail with the same language and the achievement didn't pop up
I 200 this game 2 days ago on my WP, when installed it on my PC it unlocked win the hour and top 250 achievements just by checking leaderboards
though I played in portuguese since it's my language
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #13
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
yeah, but my average rank on the swedish board changed between when i installed Win8 Pro + the game and when i unlocked the achievement on the phone. Between the 2, at least 1-2 months have passed. I am not at rank 250 anymore, but 629. The score is correct, I have above 85,000 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever TM View Post
I 200 this game 2 days ago on my WP, when installed it on my PC it unlocked win the hour and top 250 achievements just by checking leaderboards
though I played in portuguese since it's my language

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckswana View Post
Just thought some people would be interested to know that some of the harder to get achievements will pop automatically if you've already earned them on the phone version of this game. It uses the same server, so you're actually playing against people who are playing on their phone while playing this. Any achievements that are "server-side" will pop when you first play the game. These include the "World Champ" for being in the top 250 of a leaderboard and "Win The Hour" achievements, which most people find to be the most difficult ones to obtain. One popped for me at the end of the first game I played, the other at the end of the second. You may have to do it in the language you obtained the achievement in previously on the phone for it to pop. The other one I got was "10 in 10" for being in the top 10 ten times; I only had to do it once for it to pop. Everything else you will have to do again; Theme Master, Digram Master, place 1st, etc.
Sounds good, now I just have to find a W8 PC to do this on :P. Got 200 on WP and I've played it a lot so I find the theme words quite easy most of the time and I can get the digram words quite often also if there aren't too many of them.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote