PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
TEBellant

TEBellant's Gamercard
This game really is terrible...Worst fighting game ever?

I can see why there isn't a DoA5...Honestly fighting the computer is like gambling if the computer wants you to lose you will...Not to mention I can never counter the computer even when I know exactly what its doing. I thought every other thread in here was just sucky players but this game really does blow! I cant believe it if the developers are still in business its insane. I regret playing this game...And apologize to all the good games I could be playing instead.
TEBellant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Geezy

Geezy Heat's Gamercard
I don't really care about fighting a computer. I would instantly buy DoA 5 if there was one.
Geezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Feel better now that's off your chest?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBellant View Post
I can see why there isn't a DoA5...Honestly fighting the computer is like gambling if the computer wants you to lose you will...Not to mention I can never counter the computer even when I know exactly what its doing. I thought every other thread in here was just sucky players but this game really does blow! I cant believe it if the developers are still in business its insane. I regret playing this game...And apologize to all the good games I could be playing instead.
i have too agree. i borrowed this off a friend(sfter i had played decent fighting games such as sc4 and tekken 6) and it was just crap. i dont suck at it, i got gold on the time trials, but that doesnt change that it is possibly the worst fighting game ever
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
CheekyChi

CheekyChi's Gamercard
In terms of the fighting gameplay, I actually prefer Dead or Alive 4 to Tekken 6... Also the stupid long loading screens in between every single match pisses me off with Tekken. I love the DoA4 online play - I was so addicted to it...

Tekken 6 does have an awesome campaign mode though - it's what made me play Tekken 6 for as long as I did.

Chi
CheekyChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyChi View Post
In terms of the fighting gameplay, I actually prefer Dead or Alive 4 to Tekken 6... Also the stupid long loading screens in between every single match pisses me off with Tekken. I love the DoA4 online play - I was so addicted to it...

Tekken 6 does have an awesome campaign mode though - it's what made me play Tekken 6 for as long as I did.

Chi
haha lol ur right i did post that twice. not exactly but the basic message. then again both threads are pretty much the same
Old 02-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #7
Fleetfiend

Fleetfiend's Gamercard
I have to say, I haven't played too many fighting games. And I only played DoA4 for like five minutes. But I hated it. It... just didn't work for me. Too clunky, to say the least.

I prefer super-high-action fighting games, mostly. I can't wait for MvC3. ^_^
Fleetfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #8
Xeley

Xelyz's Gamercard
I honestly thought people liked this game generally, at least I do. Out of all the fighting games I've ever played the Dead or Alive series is by far the best one according to me.

And about the computer "wanting you to lose". No, just no. Sorry, but you're just bad. Practice more.

||19 Games Completed with AT LEAST the ORIGINAL 100% ||
Most Proud of - Final Fantasy XIII

Old Achievment hunter - Retired now

Xeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Tim1601

Tim1601's Gamercard
It does feel a lot like winning is up to whether the cpu decides to slaughter you or not. It also just adds insult to injury the way it drags out combos by hitting you at the longest possible intervals it can without letting you block after you take one hit.
It's not my favourite fighting game but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as saying worst ever.
Tim1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #10
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Id agree with you.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Krizalid1985

Krizalid1985's Gamercard
i really don't like this game,i have played all of fighting games in my life,and i can say that Dead or Alive for me,is not Classified as a Fighting game
Krizalid1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
Tim1601

Tim1601's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizalid1985 View Post
i really don't like this game,i have played all of fighting games in my life,and i can say that Dead or Alive for me,is not Classified as a Fighting game
So...What is it then?
Tim1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #13
BOOSTER MAN

B IR E A K OUT's Gamercard
you all r crybaby bitches that suck ass at the gme lol
BOOSTER MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #14
IDarkNightmareI

IDarkNightmareI's Gamercard
This game is an amazing fighting game, every character is unique, multiple game modes, I hope the comment about "clunky" was a joke cus its so fluid its scary. I have to say I will stand by this as one of the best fighters out there, and ive played all of them, I play SSF4, but playing that pissed me off way more, and mvc3 is good but online sucks, and blazblue is incredible, next to MK(most of the time). This game is far from worst though
IDarkNightmareI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #15
awesomepizza

Send a message via Yahoo to awesomepizza

AwesomePizza's Gamercard
Yea, the computer is a cheating bastard. It don't know how many times I made it an inch of their health and I'm not allowed another hit in. Temco's model for DOA is to release it at the start of a console cycle so don't have to compete. It's why DOA5 just came out. They couldn't wait much longer. It also explains why I here online is a ghost town...

As much as I hate it though, the story modes still only took ten to fifteen minutes.

Last edited by awesomepizza; 01-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.
awesomepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
This game is terrible.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
DRUNK0NDAFL00R

DRUNK0NDAFL00R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i alwayed liked doa been playing since doa hardcore. this game is not that bad .

DRUNK0NDAFL00R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #18
batsman13 ateam

Batsman13 ATeam's Gamercard
I dont really like it either, it cant get a feel for it and so it plays really slow
I dont even know how to counter, and because of that the Ai is able to combo me to death again cus of how slow it plays, the recoio from getting hit or hittingvsomeone who blocks is rediculous
Mortal kombat has always been the only real fighting game for me

Theachievements here are fucking insanely hard tough, im not gonna bother with them
I have games witch achievements take less time to learn and get and that i enjoy more than this
batsman13 ateam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
The Pups

Send a message via AIM to The Pups

tons of puppies's Gamercard
Dead or Alive 4 was fantastic with a really unique online lobby system, for better or for worse.

DOA 5 is superior, but DOA 4 was pretty great for its day. Very good for an early launch title.
The Pups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #20
Fozki Razormaid

Krylya Sovetov's Gamercard
DOA
DOA2-3
DOA4
DOA5
DOA VB
Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #21
magixman

MagixMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pups View Post
Dead or Alive 4 was fantastic with a really unique online lobby system, for better or for worse.

DOA 5 is superior, but DOA 4 was pretty great for its day. Very good for an early launch title.
This...

Dead or Alive is a great game when you get to understand the mechanics.

I mean sure the CPU will kick your balls sideways, but that's where you adapt and come up with new strategies. Buttonbashing and abusing the counter can only get you so far
magixman is offline   Reply With Quote