PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dark City Run help

Spent a good hour and a half raging trying to do this map. I just can't get past the double ramp. Any advice?
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Perfect timing, I was about to log out.

One sure fire way to hit that jump is to back up all the way to the back of this jump. Once there, put your rider's posture forward. Floor it, and when you hit the ramp, do the biggest bunny hop possible.

That would be <(LS), (LS)> right after each other.

This should land you on the second ramp and allow you to easily hop over to the checkpoint.

Once you practice enough, you can actually do it normally. I can at least, after much practice. I actually got Dark City Run down to four faults, believe that? Now why do I fail so hard at Riders of Doom?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Perfect timing, I was about to log out.

One sure fire way to hit that jump is to back up all the way to the back of this jump. Once there, put your rider's posture forward. Floor it, and when you hit the ramp, do the biggest bunny hop possible.

That would be <(LS), (LS)> right after each other.

This should land you on the second ramp and allow you to easily hop over to the checkpoint.

Once you practice enough, you can actually do it normally. I can at least, after much practice. I actually got Dark City Run down to four faults, believe that? Now why do I fail so hard at Riders of Doom?
Thanks, I'll try that. I was just starting from checkpoint and releasing the gas just a split second before leaving the ramp. Sometimes I land on the first ramp with little room to maneuver. (sp)
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Once at the checkpoint, reverse as much as possible.

Now full gas (), and lean forward to keep both tires down. As your front tire is about to touch the ramp, lean back, and as your back tires touches the ramp, begin leaning forward. That should give you lots of distance, hopefully helping you land on the top platform.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

I'm stuck at the score board ramp thing.. Shity!!

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
T675 Sparky

T675 Sparky's Gamercard
I have a completely different approach to that ramp:
align your front wheel about a feet infront of the ramp, have your rider lean back (but let go of the LS) and gas it. You should land on the bottom part of the ramp, but slow enough to be able to control the landing. Once landed, have your rider lean forward (but again let go of LS), let him drop a little bit to the very bottom of the ramp and then gas it, the front wheel should lift slightly and once it's over that bump lean back, this'll get you onto the second part and you can make your way over. This was -for me- much more reliable than the other method of backing up all the way and trying to make it to the second part, I can 0 fault the track 2 out of 3 times or so (and when I don't I usually screw up somewhere else).

Good luck

EDIT: If you're still having trouble or don't understand my method, you can add me and have a look at my replay, I used it there on my platinum run.

Last edited by T675 Sparky; 01-02-2013 at 10:11 PM.
T675 Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #7
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Once at the checkpoint, reverse as much as possible.

Now full gas (), and lean forward to keep both tires down. As your front tire is about to touch the ramp, lean back, and as your back tires touches the ramp, begin leaning forward. That should give you lots of distance, hopefully helping you land on the top platform.
I love you.

It still took me 200+ attempts but It was the way to go for me. I was hitting the top platform more than I was before, poor balance control lead to failure but I got it in the end. Thanks!

Edit - If anyone has any tips for the wreck, I'd appreciate it. The 2nd jump is a slight pain, wasted too many faults on that. Then theres the jump over the barrel. After 150-200+ tries I found pressing X when the front wheel is touching it and leaning forward to get over the barrel to work. But I always didn't have enough speed to make the jump. I failed at the end when I used up all my faults.

So yeah, any tips or a good vid guide of it?

Last edited by Tsaako; 01-04-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
Perseverance is the key to any of the extreme tracks. I know exactly how to get over every obstacle, but actually pulling it off is the tricky bit lol.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

ok so i can finally get over the scoreboard, but now i cant seem to get over that freakin air conditioner or whatever it is. i could see the finish line, which made it even more heart breaking lol

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
T675 Sparky

T675 Sparky's Gamercard
Played Dark City Run again yesterday because I felt I could improve on my time, managed to shave off a whole 9 seconds! 1:00 flat now Also imroved my time on Fishy Business by 7 seconds, 0:33.2, AND I beat the 'Just Give Up' ninja track! Yesterday was a good day
T675 Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
Don Jose

Don Jose's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I sort of use Maka's method, but I do a forward flip once leaving the ramp that seems to help me land on the top ramp a little better.