Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #61
Itachi423

itachi423's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by halopriest View Post
I can verify Ravenhoods result for the 3K glitch in chapter 2 (maxed out 378,000 credits).

That’s why I thought 126 is always the limiting number (maybe the program can handle max 126 different items at once or something like that). But it seems that the 10k glitch in chapter 2 is “glitchy” itself. Best is to make 2 savegames before start duplicating. I net only 900,000 (poor me ) but I didn’t want to load my savegame after duplicating 90 items.

Yeah, maybe someone else can try the 10k glitch and post the results.
I can verify both of Chapter 2's duplication items. (The 3,000 and the 10,000 credit bills)

As for the 10,000 I have got 900,000. My Dead Space edition is the Platinum Hits one, if that means anything to anyone.
Itachi423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #62
halopriest

mueller global's Gamercard
Thanks for your feedback Itachi423.
It seems that you can gain 900k extra in the second chapter (in addition to the 3k glitch). Maybe this should be supplemented by the opener of this thread.
halopriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #63
Max Torque

Max Torque's Gamercard
Tried the chapter 2 10K bill glitch last night, and it worked like a charm. I stopped at 300K, because that was all I needed.
Max Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #64
warm

Send a message via MSN to warm Send a message via Skype™ to warm

Kel x violet's Gamercard
Coooooool m4n Thank,s
warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #65
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
The Chapter 2 10,000 credit dupe made my impossible run a walk in the park. Great find, thanks!
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #66
Diego Knyte

Diego Knyte's Gamercard
Thanks guys for all your input. I've updated the guide to reflect these additional finds for both Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.

Since I didn't actually try them, and can't because I no longer own the game, they were listed as unverified but legit. Video links and quoted descriptions included.

Seeing how long this game has been out, I think that that may be wrapping up what can be duped in Dead Space 1.

The guide may or may not be updated again in the future. I honestly don't check the thread now but every couple of months. Family and all.

Again, the input and contributions were/are appreciated. If someone finds more stuff to add, post it!

Till next time...

-Dk
Diego Knyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #67
Hallowgraves

hollowedgrave's Gamercard
Yeah thanks alot. The 3k Credit dupe worked great in chapter 2. Racked up 90k thanks to it. Though it was the 10k dupe in chapter 2 that worked the best. Racked up 420k. This will definitely help with impossible mode.
Hallowgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #68
PMonk

Pox Monkey's Gamercard
you can cange the spawn location of the peng by leaving it outside the double doors on the walkway, then activate the "Pa-woosh" noise then kinesis grab as soo as the doors open, then pa-woosh and it spawns outside the door. Much easier.
PMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #69
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. I probably wouldn't have been able to force my way through this suspenseful horror fest if I hadn't been able to max out my character.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:10 AM   #70
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
Very helpful guide. Doing your Peng method right now.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #71
BUZZIN420

BUZZIN 420 HD's Gamercard
Thankyou for this guide, it will help me so much.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #72
Azazel_Valkyrie

Louie Cyphers's Gamercard
Great guide. I used peng to max out on my 1st run and then the chapter 2 dupes for my impossible run. I duped around 140 of the 3k credit note and got bored of it but I'm sure I could have kept going.

This along with the heavy damage cutter and tank armor makes impossible a breeze.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #73
Namaste

The Chapter 4 glitch with the 5,000 Credit Bill, Large Med Pack and a Gold Semiconductor, which is the easiest to glitch or which would be less tedious?
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #74
MattrickSwayze4

MattrickSwayze4's Gamercard
i just couldn't get the gold semi glitch to work. oh well, got all the cheev's anyway.
MattrickSwayze4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #75
Gaxxkang

Gaxxkang's Gamercard
More money for killing necromorphs, say no more!
Gaxxkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #76
PoMoGub

PoMoGub's Gamercard
PMonk is right. So much easier.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #77
Jonny Conny

Jonny Conny's Gamercard
Thank You

I realize I am arriving a bit late to this thread, but I just want to say this was a HUGE help, and I wish it was easier to find tips/guides as well written as this one. Keep up the good work.
Jonny Conny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #78
David562

Thanks for the awesome guide...I played and beat for the fist time and am planning to do the impossible mode this week...this will help! MR1861
David562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #79
Kakihara Zero

kakihara zero's Gamercard
Thanks for posting, I'll have to try this later.
Kakihara Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #80
Irondiesel58

All this works on the Xbox as of 2/22/2013. There was not down load for the game either. Great post full of details and video makes it very easy to follow. Thanks, I'd never go gotten the total up graded achievement without it.!!
Irondiesel58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #81
CruelSpaceWolf

CruelSpaceWolf's Gamercard
i can confirm the chapter 2 - 3k credit dupe works on xbox, got it about 20 times and got bored so not sure about max. For me the trick after it disappeared was to walk to the bottom of the ramp then up and i heard the click as it respawned

Last edited by CruelSpaceWolf; 03-10-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more info
CruelSpaceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #82
MIKE1989TW

MIKE1989TW's Gamercard
I must say when I completed DS2 I needed some help to complete it after getting board on the 4th play through but with DS1 I completed mission impossible using only the refurbished plasma cutter (fully upgraded) and the dlc tank suit and I must say it wasn't too difficult but DS2 I a complete different kettle of necromorphs!! I love Dead Space..one of the best games I've ever played..
MIKE1989TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #83
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I wish I had found this threat years ago when I was working on the impossible mode. Props to all the work you put into organizing/creating the thread.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #84
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide for the credits! i might have to do this
Infernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #85
Stodds13

Stodds13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Knyte View Post
Chapter 11: Ruby Semiconductor (10K each)

Alright, this is a weird one, if not tricky. You can choose to leave this one and go straight to the Peng Treasure duplication as it might be more worth your time. The Ruby Semiconductors are worth 10K Credits and the Peng Treasures are worth 30K Credits each. If you HAPPEN to get 100 Ruby's to duplicate, which I couldn't get close to and you get them back to the Store you'll get 1 Million Credits for a 1-2 hours work. For about an hour of work you'll have 1.5 Million with the Peng Treasure after duping only 50 of them. This is PLENTY. You're just 1 level away from completing all 12 Chapters and if you plan to stick out another full Round for the One Gun achievement, this is more than enough money.

Instead of describing how to duplicate the Ruby Semiconductor use the video below for help.

You Tube Video uploaded by KingCoffeeduck
YouTube- Dead Space Glitch

Chapter 11: Peng Treasure (30K each)

For duplicating the the Peng Treasure there's a video which has you do it the same way as the Ruby Semiconductor. It seems to work but was really tricky to do and kind of a pain for me. I didn't get more than 5 to duplicate.

The video of the first method is just below but you can choose to skip to my sure-fire alternate method after it...

You Tube Video by KingCoffeeduck
YouTube- DeadSpace-Treasure

My alternate Peng Treasure method…

I happened upon an alternate method by accident. For me it was way more consistent and less cumbersome.

After clearing out the Docking Bay waiting area, following the elevator ride near the Tram, enter the Hangar and watch the cutscene of the Shuttle landing. Return and Save your game to 2 slots BEFORE you pick up the Peng Treasure. Return to the Hangar and the Peng is to your right and down in the recess between the ship landings. Kinesis-grab it and return to the waiting area. Drop the Peng in the middle of the room in straight sight of the big door to the left of the Save Point. Enter the small Security door to the right of the Save Point. Run to the far right of the room past the door in front of you. You should hear a "Pa-Woosh" sound which plays when you walk over an in-game trip-wire. Return to where the Peng Treasure was and it's there again! Pick it up and repeat! You can opt to Kinesis-throw the Peng at the door while making your way back to the waiting area. This might make it a tad quicker.

Like I said, I duplicated about 50 of them then stopped. I did activate that "Pa-Woosh" one more time and looked and another did respawn but I left it. I bet more could have been gotten but I'll leave that up to you guys to decipher. A million and a half credits was more than enough for me. When you are done, do that Kinesis-grab thing and get them back to the Store. Sell enough to get 999,999 and Safe the rest.

Forgot to mention, if you haven't already, you can get the "There's Always Peng [15G]" Achievement here after your initial dupe-start save and before you dupe. If you want the 'cheeve quick, Kinesis-grab it, pick it up into inventory, BLIP goes the 'cheeve then reload the save and start duplicating it. If you don't care about it yet, Dupe away! You'll get it when you reach the store and pick up the first Peng to sell.

Here's the video of my Peng method…

My You Tube Video...
YouTube- Dead Space PENG duplication glitch

So there you have it, Glitching Credits and Items in Dead Space. You'll have enough credits for the Maxed Out (upgrade all weapons) by the end of the first play through.

Credits…
Thanks to The Mau5 and everyone who contributed.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=129602

If I forget to add anything or you have things to contribute, share it. This guide will probably not be updated as I've moved onto other things.

Thanks and frag safe!

- Dk

3rd post on this thread, just watch the last video post by the original poster and you can get the maxed out achievement. I collected 60 because I lost track and got my maxed out achieve no prob shortly after handing them all in. A little bit time consuming but MUCH less time consuming than playing thru again. Mine bugged out where it said to turn around in the video (hear the noise) so I ran thru the next door that is in the same little room, turned around after it closed and then everything was back to normal. Great find, I kind of feel EA put this and things like stasis cheat in the game to help get the achieves. I might be wrong, but either way, def a fun game.

Thank you very much DK for your Peng Dupe Guide...
Stodds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #86
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Does anyone know if this is patched? I have a friend inquiring on completing Dead Space and wants to make his life easier

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #87
Rainleaf

Rainleaf's Gamercard
All those worked for me 30.12.2013
Rainleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #88
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Can anybody explain tome what I'm doing wrong. Every time I dupe items, load up and go to sell when I come back the rest have gone? Is this suppose to happen or am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #89
itsdasteve

itsdasteve1's Gamercard
This guide was very very helpful for someone like myself who needs all the help he can get. The medbay 10,000 credit stick dupe was effective all the way to the credit cap.
itsdasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #90
xRinNatsume

xRinNatsume's Gamercard
Awesome find thanks for this Glitch
xRinNatsume is offline   Reply With Quote