PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Fight Night Champion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
The Frost Fight

Sup fellas - Not on this sight much but I think I will come here more often now!

So - This Frost fight is just flat ridiculous! I flew through the Champions mode until the fight. A fight that for me is impossible. I made it to where I have to land 75 body punches - even got to 40 in the 3rd rnd.

Then I get knocked on my aZX and he wont even get up! I'm trying to follow directions. I made it to the 4th rnd and then boom down for the count.

I LOVE the story part of this mode, but when I put the game on Amateur and have this much trouble ... well I'm glad I rented the game.

Any advise? Have you guys had the same trouble? I'm not that great at the game, but I fight like a champ when on the easiest mode LOL ... until Frost!
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Anemic Solitude

Anemic Solitude's Gamercard
I'm on the easiest setting as well, and I just can't do it. Probably a first for me on any game. I've watched tactics for beating it on Champion difficulty and it seriously looks easy, just run and jab when you can. Problem is when I play, Frost comes at me every time and one shots me, no getting away from it. Anyways, the tactics are such:

First two rounds: Run. That's it. Run and don't get knocked down even once because you need to be able to get up later.

Rounds 3-5: Stick and move. Duck, lean away block. Remember to not hold down block either, just use it when you need to. Somehow get some hits in. (When I try it he knocks me out every time)

Rounds 6-7: Cover the eye and run.

Round 8: Destroy Frost (or so I've been told, haven't come close to making it this far.)

Anemic Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
meltinzone

meltinzone's Gamercard
I'm not playing online these days due to connection problems, though I have 5 360 GT all with GS of 10-50K each, therefore ignore the fact it looks like I haven't played it yet, I'm simply not 'online' these days.

The whole trick to do this is to follow EXACTLY what you're told.

First 2 rounds just keep your guard up and keep trying to do circles of the ring, clockwise or anticlockwise, trying not to get cornered and therefore alternating. While doing this do not attack, if you have to thow one or two jabs to get uncornered, then guard back up and keep running.

Round 3-5 you just charge in for body shots. I personally found this to be done in 2 rounds with plenty of time to spare, though if you're getting be whipped, just take your time, keep your guard up, go in, pull LT and just smash him in the guts. Only stay in for a second or two, maybe 5-10 bodyshots a time, then back out, do a few laps of the ring, allowing your stamina to fully build up, then charge in with another flurry to his body. Rinse and repeat until you have 75 bodyshots. Again only jabbing if you're cornered, then guard up and keep running or charging back for more quick body flurries.

Next 2 rounds might be the most frustrating for some. The whole trick here is similar to the first two rounds, Just avoid getting hit. Keep running and only attack if cornered so you can escape, guard back up and keep running. It's similar to the other time you got your eye cut, avoid it getting hit. After 2 rounds you get a cut scene saying it's healed, therefore just avoid him for these rounds and you'll be sweet.

After cut scene/final rounds/ 8- how ever long it takes you to knock his arse out:
Attack the shit outta him!
I found just going in for a few quick jabs/hooks/uppercuts to his head are good enough to have him on his back pretty quick. Again the idea is go in, attack his head, back out and cover up, letting health/stamina heal, then back in and perhaps this time a quick flurry to the body then back to the head straight away.
Rinse and repeat and you should have him on his back by the end of this round!

Hope that helps you guys having trouble with it.
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #4
DCS 23

DCS23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This challenge is a complete fucking joke as the blocking system this time round is a complete and utter waste of time, and was loving the game up until this fight,fuck this game now totally spoilt the whole story for me it's just near impossible..fuck you EA

My Grammar is bad so WAT..!
100% Games: None I'm Shit..
DCS 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Bloodwolf

Solid Warri0r's Gamercard
I'm having problems with this too, on the easiest setting!! It's so stupid, the blocking system does nothing at all..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Ebonix

Ebonix84's Gamercard
This fight took me an hour by itself today. It is difficult but it isn't impossible! I know the 75 body shots sounds a bit hard but that's only 25 body punches per round. Just keep your distance, don't try and rush it. Lure Frost, if you do this he'll start trying to make punches which involve him lundging forward which gives you the chance to get in two body hits and then a quick escape. Keep moving and keep your distance.

Once I'd gotten past the 75 punch combo I did the next part of the fight on the first attempt. Just keep trying guys, if I can do it most people should be able to!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
kingsisqo

Heres my take. im new to the game and i started out on amateur cos i didnt really like fight night 4. so i just took it easy this time. then it auto set me to pro. eventually i put it down when i realised it was tasking longer to knockout men as i did to begin with. Then i got to FROST. HOLY S!@T .
Yea anyway i do what im told cos theres NO WAY the game will allow you to knock him out untill ya meant to.
dont get knocked down if you do then just stay down and retry u continue from the last checkpoint anyway. do this till u at least get to the 75 punches to the body.
Now at least then u can get close and punch away without been too concerned about been knocked out. when u low on stamina in doing so or hes hit you hard a couple of times then back away and recover and go back in. i got to around 34 hits in one round. u get used to knowing what u cant do to him for so long at this point.
Once you've achieved this total just waste time till the end of the round. at the end of you are at the next checkpoint.
round 8. just knock him out like u did previous fighters.

quite easy when u figure. im not good at this game. i had this game for few days now. and still aint played legacy mode to do a character. testing all the boxers to see what style i like.
Then ill try to get good.
kingsisqo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #8
BoomsticKiller

BoomsticKiller's Gamercard
what helped me was changing the difficulty after losing in the body punch section. i went from pro to amateur and still got beat. right after being beat i went from amateur to GOAT and beat him my first try. its not a concrete way of doing it but its worth a shot if nothing else.
BoomsticKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Darth Craigus

Darth Craigus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I too was having trouble with this fight but you have to keep it in your mind that you wont be able to beat him until at least the 8th round or later.

Do exactly as you're supposed to do in the first 2 rounds, just run away from him, don't even throw a punch.

Rounds 3/4/5 were proving a big problem for me until I started using the face buttons instead of the analog stick. Bear in mind jabs don't count towards the 75. Just get in there with your guard up, throw 3-4 shots either uppercuts or hooks to the body and get out of there. Don't even need to be counter punches. When I started using the face buttons for this part I flew through it. I got the 75 punches in 2 rounds.

I was thinking it was nigh on impossible at first but after I stopped using the full spectrum punch control it became a lot easier.

Another tip I would suggest is to go into the settings and turn the health bar on. That way when you're inside hitting him to the body and he comes back at you, you can see where your health is at. Make sure you don't let it get less than halfway down. It's not an exact guide because he is so powerful he can hit you once and stun you but 8 times out of 10 you'll be able to get out of there, get your health back up and go back for more bodyshots.

Stick at it, it's doable. This was all done on the default difficulty too.

Quote:
I always say, before you judge another man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...
Darth Craigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

I play on easy but this fight drives me crazy too. I reach the 3rd round very easy with the 75 body shots but he can instantly kill you. Thats the stupid thing i hate in this game. Why they bring up instant knockouts? Itīs realy crap and i hope it getīs a patch.

Defending is useless sometimes. I got some instant knockouts through! my gloves. Thanks EA! The best is: The entire storymode is easy as hell till you reach this fight.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
beej47

beej47's Gamercard
You really just have to listen what they tell you. The first 2 rounds were the hardest for me. The body shots are not bad just use the buttons avoid the right thumb stick. 6,7 I ran, did some body blows to keep him off me and round 8 was easy breezy. Thank you for guys for your posts definitely helped me get though it and the check points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beej47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
I played on pro all career, but after having my butt kicked several times yesterday, i changed it to the easiest settings. Didn't seem to have any effect, every once in a while a heavy blow will knock me down instantly. Great game otherwise, but this fight is total BS.

Would you please look at this:

This is the first punch of the "75-to-the-body" segment of the fight. Easiest settings... Instant KO! First punch! This is ridiculous! Not even stunned, straight to the floor.... I had to laugh. What where they thinking?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
uait

uait's Gamercard
This section is stupid and frustrating: what about some beta testing, ea?
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
Purant

purant's Gamercard
i just did this on my first attempt - make sure your using the right stick not the buttons first of all.

the dodging rounds (1-2 and 6-7) are very easy just run around in circles. dont keep blocking at all times or he will go for body shots. if you keep your guard down it will make him go for head shots so then when hes about to hit you get your guard up.

body punch rounds - i got 60 of them in the first round. just get in really close and use LT+ Right Stick - very easy to get 3-5 quick punch combos. hit him with 7 or 8 then just crouch and block a bit then carry on. if you get stunned wait a round or so to finish them off.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #15
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
Scripted fights are fucking ridiculous and stupid. PERIOD. One of the developers needs to get into a fight in real life and just see how scripted it really is.

This is bullshit. Fuck Frost.
AceBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
MarcMus

The only additional advice that I'd give anyone who hasn't already completed this is that when it comes to the 75 body shots section, spread them out over the three rounds. Even if you get them all in the first round, you'll still have to make it to the end of the third round before it allows you to move onto the next stage of the fight. So there's no benefit in going gung-ho andspreading them out should mean that your stamina and health hold up a bit better ready to defend the cut that old Frosty will inevitably open up.
MarcMus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
TheDave545

TheDave545's Gamercard
Has officially given up on Frost, too many Flash KO's, ill be doing well then Bang, knocked out.

I was loving it up till this Match, but now its dodge the first 2 rounds, then throw a few body punches then get flash ko'd, get up a few body punches then flash ko'd.

Restart from checkpoint, rinse and repeat, so yea nice going EA, and as for all the people saying stick at it, its ok for you because you have done it now and may have more patience than me, but i will not play a game that is fluid and fun to play only to get to the last fight, the one ive been trying to get to the whole game only to find out its a scripted fight....no thanks.

Ill stick with Legacy mode.
TheDave545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #18
AiriZona11

AiriZona11's Gamercard
The hardest part for me was avoiding punches due to the cut but really it isn't that difficult when its on easy.
AiriZona11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #19
wyndorf666

wyndorf666's Gamercard
Just done this. What's amazing is the rubbish 10g it's worth.

Story mode was OK, but the scripted boxers - especially Frost, spoil it. The last fight isn't fun at all. When I finally got to the 8th round, I stunned Frost with my first punch and KO'd him with the third. The only satisfaction is that I don't have to do it ever again.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
what do i do if i get knocked down twice in 1st two rounds?

i'm at the part where you need 75 body shots. so do i need to start over as it auto saves? can i still beat this or is there a way to restart the fight from the 1st two rounds without redoing whole story mode?

thanks in advance

playing on medium

Last edited by PANIC ATTACK 10; 08-21-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: forgot to add dificulty setting
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #21
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
I just played this on easy so I would have limited trouble. The 75 body blows was more grindy than fun either way. Pretty much the rest of the fights were easy enough on higher difficulties, but fuck the frost fight.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #22
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
aarrrrggghhhh, over 50 attempts on this fight and i still can't do it. Just can't get past the 4th round. I love a challenge but this fight is ridiculous
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
UltimateBane32

On my 3rd attempt, I whooped Frost's ass just now.

What made all the difference for me was not holding down block. Once I eased up on the block trigger, I was able to avoid Frost a lot better. (Your boxer obviously moves more freely when he's not in "block mode")

No matter what, Frost will close the gap and eventually trap you on the ropes. That's when you hold down block; let him throw a few punches, then escape by releasing block and running for cover.

I also noticed something else: when he's far away, wait for him to step to a direction. That's when you move in the same direction, and then quickly cut back in the opposite direction. It screws with this ability to trap you a bit.

What really works against Frost is how he lunges. It makes it easier to time blocks, instead of mashing the block button.
UltimateBane32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
xCJW

xCJW's Gamercard
This fight is stupidly hard and frustrating but it's extremely satisfiying when you finally beat frost
xCJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #25
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I may be lucky but i only had to replay checkpoints on this fight, just ran around with minimal blocking and the body shot's were not that hard. Manged to spam most of them in one go, got up to 48 and took it easy after that. A bit more running around later and the 8th was another case of spamming head shots. Did i mention i did it on easy, hard would be a pain in the ass, saw how much trouble people were having and thought fook it, i wana get it out they way.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
This was quite a pain even on the normal and on the easiest setting it was just pushing a button repeatedly. The story mode wasn't that good as it was hyped, so play it on the easiest setting just to go it through.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #27
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidexx View Post
This was quite a pain even on the normal and on the easiest setting it was just pushing a button repeatedly. The story mode wasn't that good as it was hyped, so play it on the easiest setting just to go it through.
They could have done better with it.... too bad they might not make another one

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
LJParnell

LJParnell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
My friend and I found out what we think is the problem with this Frost Fight. For the first three or whatever checkpoints he seems to be using the Player settings and sliders. I don't know if this is because you fought with Frost in the previous fight or if they did this to make sure he did not get knocked down too soon.

I was actually frustrated with this and I was playing on easy. I decided I would play some on the hardest setting, so that way when I got back to easy it would be super easy. Well, I won the fight on the hardest setting (I think it is GOAT - just don't remember) first try.

I told my friend that was having a hard time as well and he reasoned it was the sliders. So he moved the sliders for punch strength or something like that and it was cake - so he said.

So if you are having trouble, keep all the CPU sliders way down, but lower some of the Player sliders as well. I did not do it this way, I am not 100% exactly what my friend did, but he did say once he did that the fight was super easy.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
Gdubbz

Gdubbz GFX's Gamercard
Got this one the first try. Your probably going to get knocked down at least two to three times till the round where your actually supposed to KO frost. Just do the objectives and and don't even try to knock him out or fight him at all till that round. Once you get there your stamina will go up a bit to help you beat him. Then stick and move with combos and you'll go into super knock out mode before you know it.

Gdubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #30
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC ATTACK 10 View Post
what do i do if i get knocked down twice in 1st two rounds?
Restart.

I still haven't finished this fight yet, but I can tell you that you are only going to be able to get up about 3-4 times against Frost. A lot of the advice I've seen is that if you're knocked down even once before round 3 to restart, but others say that they went down in the 2nd and 4th and still did it.

My strategy thus far is to spread them out one per section. So, I allow myself one knockdown in the first two rounds (of course I want zero, but things do happen). Then I allow myself one more in rounds 3-5. This way I still have 1 or 2 more for rounds 6-7. I've yet to make it to round 8, but ever since I started managing my knockdowns this way, most of the time I never advance beyond rounds 3-5 due to restarts.

Some of the videos I've seen show Frost being very timid in comparison to his behavior in my experience. He seems to let off the player in the video more often than he does with me. In fact, he sticks to me like white on rice, making it impossible to tire him out from the outside.

Currently in the Borderlands, breaking the backs of mules.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote