PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #31
Homaz
 
Homaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Europe / Germany
Posts: 311
Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I actually liked Halo 4 a lot. The graphics are nice as well.
The only thing I'm disappointed of is the new soundtrack.
Marty O'Donnell was perfect to generate a feeling of EPICNESS.
__________________
Blood of my Blood

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #32
Dcfisher
 
Dcfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8

Hippo Op's Gamercard
Hmmm

If the next xbox is coming out soon I wonder if Halo 5 will be a launch title or close to launch to sell the next xbox. I hope it will be much better than Halo 4 which was great. I have not enjoyed a game like this in a long time. Here is hoping.

Last edited by Dcfisher; 01-25-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Had more to say.
Dcfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 AM   #33
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcfisher View Post
If the next xbox is coming out soon I wonder if Halo 5 will be a launch title or close to launch to sell the next xbox. I hope it will be much better than Halo 4 which was great. I have not enjoyed a game like this in a long time. Here is hoping.
Doubt it. Halo 5 won't be out until 2015. If they make a Halo 2 Anniversary, that won't be out until 2014 (10 year anniversary).

If rumors are true, the new Xbox will be arriving this Holiday season. With that said, it's suggested that launch titles will be Modern Warfare 4 and/or a HD Remake of the Halo Trilogy.

Just some insight. All rumors though. But Halo 5 will for certain not be a launch title.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #34
Kaiyo
 
Kaiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 3,498

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Doubt it. Halo 5 won't be out until 2015. If they make a Halo 2 Anniversary, that won't be out until 2014 (10 year anniversary).

If rumors are true, the new Xbox will be arriving this Holiday season. With that said, it's suggested that launch titles will be Modern Warfare 4 and/or a HD Remake of the Halo Trilogy.

Just some insight. All rumors though. But Halo 5 will for certain not be a launch title.
Halo 2 Anniversary might as well be in that Trilogy Remake....
__________________
Full Achievements for:
Xbox 360 - 14
Xbox 360 Arcade - 5


Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #35
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
Halo 2 Anniversary might as well be in that Trilogy Remake....
Guess I kinda didn't clarify myself. But yeah, Halo 2 would be remastered if it were apart of the HD Trilogy. But if it were to be it's own Anniversary game, it wouldn't come out until 2014.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #36
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
New xbox this year is a possibility, but I don't see it happening until at least next year. They might surprise me though. What I do know is they won't release a Halo HD trilogy. Halo 1 has already been done (and thus would piss off too many people if they tried to release it again so soon) and Halo 3 is already in HD and looks gorgeous as it is. Halo 2 is the only title that stands to be given the HD treatment. With Anniversary the graphic overhaul was amazing and I definitely see 343 wanting to repeat the process for Halo 2, but honestly I would be okay with a basic graphical overhaul. Unlike Halo 1, which had blatantly dated graphics, Halo 2 did not. It was one of the best looking games on the original Xbox and were it not for the lack of HD, would probably still look better than a handful of the games coming out for the 360 now.

At this point, they absolutely have to release a Halo 2 HD release. I took time earlier today to readjust my CD Binder and built in a spot for Forward Unto Dawn that came in the mail today and set a spot for Halo 5 and 6. I also went ahead and made room for Halo 2 Anniversary, so they bloody well better do it!
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #37
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
New xbox this year is a possibility, but I don't see it happening until at least next year. They might surprise me though. What I do know is they won't release a Halo HD trilogy. Halo 1 has already been done (and thus would piss off too many people if they tried to release it again so soon) and Halo 3 is already in HD and looks gorgeous as it is. Halo 2 is the only title that stands to be given the HD treatment. With Anniversary the graphic overhaul was amazing and I definitely see 343 wanting to repeat the process for Halo 2, but honestly I would be okay with a basic graphical overhaul. Unlike Halo 1, which had blatantly dated graphics, Halo 2 did not. It was one of the best looking games on the original Xbox and were it not for the lack of HD, would probably still look better than a handful of the games coming out for the 360 now.
I had thought at first that it would probably be coming out 2014 Holidays, but I'm almost convinced it's due to come out this year. Halo 2's graphics were good for it's time, no doubt, but they're still dated and an HD Remake would be great. It'd be fun to see the Prophets, Tartarus, Gravemind and everything else HD.

A Halo 3 Remake isn't necessary at all, I only bring up a Trilogy HD Remake because someone made a thread a while back about a rumor behind it.

Halo 2 HD looking better than most 360 games? Maybe...but doubt it. Have you played L.A. Noire? Easily the best graphics on the 360 to date, IMO at least.

Anyways, I hope the do a Halo 2 Anniversary, it's my favorite Campaign in the franchise and it'd be nice to do it all over again.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #38
RBmaster9345
 
RBmaster9345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan State University
Posts: 3,019

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
This game is still really nice but there is just way too many random, small things that make no sense or were just fucking stupid. Flood options for one, removing Race for another. If they cut the bullshit additions/cuts next time I'll be greatly pleased.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
Purge
 
Purge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 4,444
Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Fix how shit Halo 4 multiplayer is then deal.
__________________
mangalist
Every night, I can feel my leg, and my arm... even my fingers.
The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?



Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #40
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I had thought at first that it would probably be coming out 2014 Holidays, but I'm almost convinced it's due to come out this year. Halo 2's graphics were good for it's time, no doubt, but they're still dated and an HD Remake would be great. It'd be fun to see the Prophets, Tartarus, Gravemind and everything else HD.

A Halo 3 Remake isn't necessary at all, I only bring up a Trilogy HD Remake because someone made a thread a while back about a rumor behind it.

Halo 2 HD looking better than most 360 games? Maybe...but doubt it. Have you played L.A. Noire? Easily the best graphics on the 360 to date, IMO at least.

Anyways, I hope the do a Halo 2 Anniversary, it's my favorite Campaign in the franchise and it'd be nice to do it all over again.
Whoa Whoa. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I never said it looked better than MOST 360 titles. But it's still better than a handful of the games I've played on the 360. Just listing off the top of my head, Prey, Earth Defense Force, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, Fable 3. That's not including bad games like Onchenbara, Kengo, yadda yadda yadda.

The reason I say H2's graphics are better isn't because of texture or resolution (Like I said, lack of HD is the defacto reason H2 does NOT look better than any of the games I listed) but because Halo 2 actually had an established artistic style. Halo 1, which looked great for it's time, was very flat and didn't really have an artistic style aside from Covenant Ships. So it benefited from having itself graphically overhauled to more closely resemble the Halo series as it is now.

Like I said though, I would love to see Halo 2 completely redone like CEA. I just don't feel it's necessary if that the route they choose to go. Even if they just give us a base HD release I would still buy it (and of course that's talking just Campaign. Everybody knows the multiplayer has a slim to no chance of even ever resurfacing.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #41
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Whoa Whoa. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I never said it looked better than MOST 360 titles. But it's still better than a handful of the games I've played on the 360.

The reason I say H2's graphics are better isn't because of texture or resolution...but because Halo 2 actually had an established artistic style.

Like I said though, I would love to see Halo 2 completely redone like CEA. I just don't feel it's necessary if that the route they choose to go. Even if they just give us a base HD release I would still buy it (and of course that's talking just Campaign. Everybody knows the multiplayer has a slim to no chance of even ever resurfacing.
Well with this, it makes more sense to me now. Now that you mention it...I have played some shitty-graphic games in the past 3 years alone. Not to say the games are bad, their graphics are just not impressive.

I'd easily buy a Halo 2 Remake as well. List it as $40 again like CEA and I'm sold. Hell, I'd even buy it for $60, lol. I highly doubt they would resurface the Multiplayer, they'd probably just do what CEA did and take a handful of maps and toss them into Halo 4's playlists.

Off Topic: I loved how you could change between graphics in CEA with a simple click of the button. I found myself playing through 343 Guilty Spark, Library and Keyes in the old graphics a lot. I don't even know why.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #42
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
It's painful to watch people defend the game still even though the man in charge of Halo admits it's bad.

This is what happens when you hire people from Infinity Ward and Treyarch and let their voices be louder than an already existing, ready to buy fan base whose majority didn't like Reach in the first place. The mistakes that were made? Copy-paste ad nauseum from the highest selling, most played shooter on the market. Something that Halo used to be. The mistake was thinking that by mimicking those gameplay mechanics you would steal their fan base and money. Sure, people voted with their wallets in their initial interest of the game, but look at it now. More people play Medal of Honor Warfighter I bet. I heard MLG dropped Halo because of the whole Virgin Gaming deal. That's a shot in the foot that already has a hole in it.

But no, no matter what you tell people, some of them will sit there digging in their heels and deny any wrong doings. Everyone stopped playing: "That doesn't matter, as long as I can find a game I'm happy, the number of people playing doesn't matter at all". They copied Call of Duty: "No they didn't, these things aren't exclusive to CoD, they just copied everyone else (who already copy CoD)".

This is twice that Halo has failed on a main entry. Sure Frank O'Connor can promise me that Halo 5 will be better and I might even buy it to see if he is right but at this point will anyone else? Halo's population will never return to it's full strength ever again. It's done, over, the damage has been dealt. MLG picking up CoD is just further solidifying it's chokehold on the shooter world. Next generation is just going to be the same story different hardware.

343 has even bigger shoes to fill now.
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I constantly found myself going back and forth graphically everytime I got to landmarks that I remembered fondly in the original game. I would go into old graphics, approach something, swap to new, and just be amazed by the difference. The only thing that bugged me about was the things they resized. Extras added to things like the tank were transparent and could go through things like they didn't exist and things that were scaled back like Cliff Edges still physically existed in their original state, so you would get stuck on invisible walls when driving vehicles. Not much of an issue. Just a minor nit-pick of mine.

Honestly I'm not against them doing the thing with the H4 and map packs this time anyway. Halo 4's multiplayer isn't bad IMO. It just needs more content. I require more maps and more playlists and I'd be happy with it (Super psyched that Grif Ball is almost here!)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #44
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
? Copy-paste ad nauseum from the highest selling, most played shooter on the market. Something that Halo used to be. The mistake was thinking that by mimicking those gameplay mechanics you would steal their fan base and money.
I'm sure they had no intentions of 'stealing' another games fanbase. Think of it more as attracting a larger crowd. Included in that crowd, those who have never played Halo before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
More people play Medal of Honor Warfighter I bet.
LOL! I highly doubt that...that game was god-awful I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
This is twice that Halo has failed on a main entry. Sure Frank O'Connor can promise me that Halo 5 will be better and I might even buy it to see if he is right but at this point will anyone else? Halo's population will never return to it's full strength ever again.
Again, 'failed' is pretty harsh. Halo 4 sold well, there's no denying that. It's still not that good...but it sold well...which is far from failing.

I do agree with some of your points though. FPS's nowadays are terrible. They're all a copy-and-paste from one another. Creativity is lacking. Innovation is lacking. It's the truth.

Multiplayer-wise, I honestly don't expect Halo 5 to be that good. The only reason I will be purchasing Halo 5 is because Halo has one of my favorite Campaigns/Story of any FPS and I sure as hell want to continue the Master Chief's story, especially with Cortana outta the picture.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
It's painful to watch people defend the game still even though the man in charge of Halo admits it's bad.

This is what happens when you hire people from Infinity Ward and Treyarch and let their voices be louder than an already existing, ready to buy fan base whose majority didn't like Reach in the first place. The mistakes that were made? Copy-paste ad nauseum from the highest selling, most played shooter on the market. Something that Halo used to be. The mistake was thinking that by mimicking those gameplay mechanics you would steal their fan base and money. Sure, people voted with their wallets in their initial interest of the game, but look at it now. More people play Medal of Honor Warfighter I bet. I heard MLG dropped Halo because of the whole Virgin Gaming deal. That's a shot in the foot that already has a hole in it.

But no, no matter what you tell people, some of them will sit there digging in their heels and deny any wrong doings. Everyone stopped playing: "That doesn't matter, as long as I can find a game I'm happy, the number of people playing doesn't matter at all". They copied Call of Duty: "No they didn't, these things aren't exclusive to CoD, they just copied everyone else (who already copy CoD)".

This is twice that Halo has failed on a main entry. Sure Frank O'Connor can promise me that Halo 5 will be better and I might even buy it to see if he is right but at this point will anyone else? Halo's population will never return to it's full strength ever again. It's done, over, the damage has been dealt. MLG picking up CoD is just further solidifying it's chokehold on the shooter world. Next generation is just going to be the same story different hardware.

343 has even bigger shoes to fill now.

Frank never said the game was Bad. He simply stated that they know the areas they were weak in and he knows where they need to improve for next time. And Halo 4 isn't bad by any means. Just because it's not the strongest game in the series doesn't mean it's bad. Same goes for Reach. No game in the Halo series is bad and if anybody thinks it is, they obviously have never played an actual "bad' game before.

What are you on about Infinity Ward and Treyarch? Nobody form either of those companies works for 343 or has any hand in it. And as for saying Halo 4 copied from CoD, that's blatantly false. No videogame owns a particular feature and any game can use any feature they want. And besides that, there were games long before Call of Duty that use loadouts in one manner or another. Just look at the original Counter-Strike for example. Halo took nothing from any particular game, instead focusing on making personal changes to itself in ways that the developers felt might be beneficial to the series.

MLG dropping the Halo series also isn't necessarily a bad thing either. It's pathetic that people think because a subpar gaming subsidiary comprised of a small minority of the gaming population decided to drop Halo 4 that this means the game is bad. MLG is a very childish and poorly-conceived attempt at encouraging competitive drive and attempting to influence game developers to their way of thinking instead of doing what the developers themselves are aiming to create. I am personally glad MLG has disassociated themselves from Halo 4 because I've noticed the Halo community has improved substantially. H3, H4, and Reach have seen a huge decrease in "MLG Pros" bragging about their leet skills and complaining about how Halo doesn't cater to MLG needs anymore.

As for people defending the game no matter how bad it is, that's because, believe it or not, some people actually might enjoy the game. Shocking, right? I myself find Halo 4 to be one of my favorite games in the series. ODST and Halo 1 had better campaigns, but Halo 4 has a better campaign than H2, H3, and Reach in my opinion, so i'm definitely not "defending the game despite how bad it is."
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #46
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
What are you on about Infinity Ward and Treyarch? Nobody form either of those companies works for 343 or has any hand in it.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-to-innovate/

Quote:
Certainly, and we've hired people from Treyarch and Infinity Ward, and so those people are bringing some of their habits to the game.
You were saying?
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #47
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
minor employees in positions that have little to no effect on the overall decisions made toward final gameplay decisions. The development heads in charge of actually deciding what direction each aspect of the game goes in were strictly Ex-Bungie employees.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #48
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
minor employees in positions that have little to no effect on the overall decisions made toward final gameplay decisions. The development heads in charge of actually deciding what direction each aspect of the game goes in were strictly Ex-Bungie employees.
There are only 3 former bungie employees working for 343 and Frank O'Connor is one of them. Frank had little to no actual input on Halo 4 and has admitted so several times.

Josh Holmes, creative director for Halo 4 (meaning the most creative input) never worked for Bungie. He worked for EA on FIFA before 343. Kevin Franklin, lead multiplayer designer never worked for Bungie either.

So again, you are wrong. Do you deal in facts at all? Or do you just make stuff up as you go along?
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity

Last edited by Razor Buddha; 01-26-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #49
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
There are only 3 former bungie employees working for 343 and Frank O'Connor is one of them. Frank had little to no actual input on Halo 4 and has admitted so several times.

Josh Holmes, creative director for Halo 4 (meaning the most creative input) never worked for Bungie. He worked for EA on FIFA before 343. Kevin Franklin, lead multiplayer designer never worked for Bungie either.

So again, you are wrong. Do you deal in facts at all? Or do you just make stuff up as you go along?
Does it matter who works for which department in 343i?

Dark made a point. Call of Duty doesn't 'own' loadouts, perks, or any of that. Thus, Halo didn't "copy" Call of Duty. End of discussion...there's honestly no arguing that, and if you persist to, you're just being stubborn.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #50
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,308

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Dark made a point. Call of Duty doesn't 'own' loadouts, perks, or any of that. Thus, Halo didn't "copy" Call of Duty. End of discussion...there's honestly no arguing that, and if you persist to, you're just being stubborn.
CoD owns loadouts and perks about as much as an intangible gameplay mechanic can be owned. It's obvious that Halo did take the idea of spawning with custom made loadouts from CoD because that's what developers do when they want to sell games. Support and tactical packages are obviously cribbed perks and some of them are just have the same effect.

I get that Halo needed to evolve. It did that on every entry, but the core of the gameplay always stayed and had always been teamwork, map control and the trinity of guns, grenades and melee. Most of that was lost in Halo 4. Map control is a thing of the past since ordinance spawns wherever the fuck at whenever the hell intervals. Guns are the only useful way to fight now, grenades don't do a thing in terms of damage and are useless besides sticking people and melees are useless outside of back smacks because everyone spawns with a goddamn shotgun.

The game just failed as a whole on the multiplayer end. It's still fun from time to time, but it's just a shell of what Halo used to be. It's just plainly obvious that the multiplayer didn't get as much attention that it needed.

I wrote more than I wanted to here and went off on a tangent but whatevs. Part of me is obviously really sad with how this game turned out and it's hard to not show it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #51
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Dark made a point. Call of Duty doesn't 'own' loadouts, perks, or any of that. Thus, Halo didn't "copy" Call of Duty. End of discussion...there's honestly no arguing that, and if you persist to, you're just being stubborn.
What other games have loadouts, PERKS, kill-cams, killstreaks, and prestige mode all in the same game that aren't already copying CoD?

The only other game that has all of this in it that isn't CoD is Crysis 2 which guess what is biting off them as well.
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #52
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I get that Halo needed to evolve. It did that on every entry, but the core of the gameplay always stayed and had always been teamwork, map control and the trinity of guns, grenades and melee. Most of that was lost in Halo 4. Map control is a thing of the past since ordinance spawns wherever the fuck at whenever the hell intervals. Guns are the only useful way to fight now, grenades don't do a thing in terms of damage and are useless besides sticking people and melees are useless outside of back smacks because everyone spawns with a goddamn shotgun.
Pretty much. Reach changed a bit from Halo 3's competitive experience, but the core gameplay was still there...despite the maps sucking total ass. Halo 4 doesn't feel the same as previous installments.

It's a run-and-gun type of game now. Much like...dare I say it...any other Multiplayer FPS on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
The game just failed as a whole on the multiplayer end. It's still fun from time to time, but it's just a shell of what Halo used to be. It's just plainly obvious that the multiplayer didn't get as much attention that it needed.

I wrote more than I wanted to here and went off on a tangent but whatevs. Part of me is obviously really sad with how this game turned out and it's hard to not show it.
Well, at least your voicing your opinion instead of trying to force yourself to enjoy the game as I did almost all of December. One could hope that Halo 5 will have an enjoyable Multiplayer experience, but I know it's not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
What other games have loadouts, PERKS, kill-cams, killstreaks, and prestige mode all in the same game that aren't already copying CoD?

The only other game that has all of this in it that isn't CoD is Crysis 2 which guess what is biting off them as well.
*Yawn* Have you played Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, or even Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations/3? They have almost all these features and just because they do...they aren't copying Call of Duty. Call of Duty influenced them, of course, but they're not "copying" the damn game.

I know for a fact you're not going to reasonable so if you choose to reply (which you will because I know stubborn people like you) don't expect me to waste my time trying to tell you that...

CALL OF DUTY DOESN'T "OWN" ANYTHING.

TL;DR; If you are defending Call of Duty so much, hop off these Halo Forums and go chat with people of the Black Ops II Forums.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #53
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
TL;DR; If you are defending Call of Duty so much, hop off these Halo Forums and go chat with people of the Black Ops II Forums.
I think that's where the majority of the Halo player base is already. Why play a CoD clone when you can play the real deal?
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #54
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Because Clone or not, Halo is still multiple times better than any of the entries in the CoD series.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #55
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Because Clone or not, Halo is still multiple times better than any of the entries in the CoD series.
Truth. /10characters
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #56
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Because Clone or not, Halo is still multiple times better than any of the entries in the CoD series.
Then where is everyone? Why is there barely 100K on Halo 4 at a time while BO2 has over half a million at any given time? If it's so great why don't more people like it and buy it?
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #57
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Because Call of Duty isn't a videogamers Videogame. Call of Duty has been adopted as the go-to game for all of the casuals that will buy and play just a single game. I've been to midnight launchs for a CoD game before. Half the people in that line couldn't tell me how many Call of Duty games there are in the series or even what the name of the console is they'd be playing the game on.

And Population size online doesn't necessarily mean anything. Different people in different time zones play at different times of day. You're talking about players in countries all around the world. 100,000 people at a time might represent a country or two, but that doesn't account for people that are working, sleeping, or otherwise unavailable during the same time on the other end of the planet. And even at only 100,000 players, it's still 4th most active game on Xbox Live. If you go by that standard of judgement, does that mean any game with 100,000 people or less online sucks? So games like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect 3 suck? Not mention offline games that don't even generate an online population like Catherine, Dragon Age, Fallout, Skyrim, etc...? The argument of "Only 100,000 people" has no basis for a game being bad.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #58
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
And Population size online doesn't necessarily mean anything. Different people in different time zones play at different times of day. You're talking about players in countries all around the world. 100,000 people at a time might represent a country or two, but that doesn't account for people that are working, sleeping, or otherwise unavailable during the same time on the other end of the planet. And even at only 100,000 players, it's still 4th most active game on Xbox Live. If you go by that standard of judgement, does that mean any game with 100,000 people or less online sucks? So games like Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect 3 suck? Not mention offline games that don't even generate an online population like Catherine, Dragon Age, Fallout, Skyrim, etc...? The argument of "Only 100,000 people" has no basis for a game being bad.
That still doesn't explain its steep drop in activity following the weeks after release. Your argument of people being online at different times of the day does not change the notion of Halo 4 perhaps being the worst rendition of the game in the series. I believe player count plays a significant role in whether or not a game is "good" -- if a game (that is multiplayer-heavy) can't hold the attention of a consume for a reasonable amount of time (2-3 months), I would argue that makes the game "bad"; this is compounded further by how embarassingly low Halo 4's online activity has dipped within its three month debut. I remember people saying "oh, wait until the DLC comes out.. they'll flock back!" or "just wait until Christmas, it'll surely correct itself".. nope, nothing -- 343i's lack of a some sort of definable skill system and working playlists absolutely killed this game's multiplayer. It's dull, repetitive and frankly, unrewarding. I sincerely don't blame any player who's put Halo 4 on the shelf and moved to greener pastures.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #59
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,717

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Half the people in that line couldn't tell me how many Call of Duty games there are in the series or even what the name of the console is they'd be playing the game on.
Duh. Because the majority of people who play Call of Duty are under the age of 24 and have the attention span of 5 minutes...which is why they need to play a run-and-gun shooter that involves no strategy or teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Halo 4's online activity has dipped within its three month debut...

It's dull, repetitive and frankly, unrewarding. I sincerely don't blame any player who's put Halo 4 on the shelf and moved to greener pastures.
And I don't blame them either, the game is boring. A lot of us know that and are agreeing with that.

But for Razor to say that all of Halo's players went to Call of Duty is a childish argument. He makes it seem like Black Ops II is the only other game on the market, and therefore, it's everybody's fall back game.

Which isn't true. What about the Single Player gamers who still play Skyrim (which still has a very active community), Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, and Dishonored? What about all the Arcade games that are fresh from last year? What about the people who are still playing Battlefield 3? Or the multi-platform gamers who play a little bit of each game on their 3DS, Xbox 360 and PC?

Just because Razor likes Black Ops II and thinks it's better than Halo doesn't mean everyone else does, and that everyone else has chosen to fall back to it.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog

Last edited by BiggD; 01-26-2013 at 06:00 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #60
StarsRPD
 
StarsRPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 894

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I'm just waiting for Dead Space 3 then it's bye bye to Halo 4. See you when Halo 5 comes out. Black Ops 2 I had to sell that game not my cup of tea. You run around or camp and die in an instant what kind of skill is that. In Halo at least you can fight back if you get shot at.
__________________

[B]

Last edited by StarsRPD; 01-26-2013 at 05:46 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:07 AM.