PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Apples to Apples
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
Social Achievement now impossible?

I bought the game today because it was on sale for 200 points and I go to register it I get the email follow the link and click on the app and it never loads is there an issue with it or something and if so I am contacting thq directly.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Dawgmuffin

Dawgmuffin's Gamercard
I'm in the same boat. Makes sense that the facebook would be down forever with the company shutting down, but hopefully they can do something about it :/ Let us know if you find out anything. No idea why this game got such an extreme lack of attention...
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."
Dawgmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
I think the best bet is to keep trying at least a couple times a day and I contacted thq as it is their social app according to the url so it is their responsibility to get the situation fixed. I got an email that said that they were looking into the problem however.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Sebacean Hybrid

Sebacean Hybrid's Gamercard
That's awesome that they got back to you...I sent them an email and haven't heard back from them yet. I really hope they fix it.
Sebacean Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Cool. Thanks for contacting them Rose. Keep us updated!

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't want to dash anyones hope, but it's not looking for this achievement.Just take a look at the Cars race O rama thread.There is an unobtainable achievement that they have not fixed yet.It's been years now.There are many similarities between the solutions that both threads have tried.Emails just get a canned response...I may buy the game as its on sale, but im kind of put off by this situation.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I was thinking of getting this game but if theres an unobtainable cheevo i'm going to avoid it, so is it for sure gone or no?
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Sebacean Hybrid

Well this game is off the Marketplace now. So I would think there is a snowballs chance in hell we will ever get this fixed.

Lesson learned, if there is a social media related achievement do it immediately.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #9
DarthRandalNC

Send a message via Skype™ to DarthRandalNC

DarthRandalNC's Gamercard

Well, I don't know if it's that exactly. The OP tried to get into it right after they bought it on sale and couldn't get it to work. Sounds like they should have just de-listed it instead of putting it on deep discount and making people think they were getting a fully functioning copy of the game.

I also e-mailed THQ a few days ago but haven't received a reply. I agree that we'll probably never see this problem resolved - very frustrating to say the least.

EDIT: Good news - as of 12pm EST on 1/10/13 the server was back up and running! I was able to enter an e-mail address at which I received an A2A registration. The bad news is that while you are redirected to Facebook, it appears the A2A page on Facebook is not responding at this time.

If you need this achievement, go register your e-mail so you can at least get your foot in the door!

Last edited by DarthRandalNC; 01-10-2013 at 05:09 PM.
DarthRandalNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
Sebacean Hybrid

It's always been that the Facebook app doesn't work. Some email addresses will go through, as yours did, but then you hit the roadblock on FB.

I would be shocked if THQ gets back to you
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
DarthRandalNC

I would be too. I will probably end up e-mailing them again just to see if I do get an answer. Even though I was a little miffed before, I'd be really pissed if I could get halfway and still not get it due to technical issues on Facebook or THQ's end.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
Sebacean Hybrid

That's what's so frustrating about it. It has to be something as easy as clicking a button that makes the app go active again.

Their contact us ticket system is the most asinine thing ever.

Hopefully whoever purchases them will hear our cries and fix the app.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
DarthRandalNC

It's official...

After three e-mails sent to THQ's "support" team as well as contacting them through Facebook I finally received the news most people are dreading:

"Unfortunately, this feature is no longer supported."

It's official - if you didn't get the Social Addict achievement before, the best you're gonna get is 190/200 and a big fat incomplete for your overall achievement percentage.

I did send a reply back about a patch to fix this problem or if the Facebook page will ever be up and running again at some point in the future. Gauging the amount of effort it took for THQ to send this simple seven word response I'm expecting them to get back to me sometime around the end of the year.

EDIT: About ten minutes after I posted this I saw today's story that THQ is being dissolved. Guess that answers those questions.

Last edited by DarthRandalNC; 01-23-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
Piemanns Bakery

Piemanns Bakery's Gamercard
Has anyone tried borrowing the fb login of someone who has unlocked the achievement/received the registration email? Just a possible thought on tricking the system...
Piemanns Bakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
TBONE AP

TBONE AP's Gamercard
So messed up for them to leave an achievement like this. It's 1 vs 100 all over again.

Can't they just make the achievement pop when you submit the email address? That would remove this problem all together.
TBONE AP is offline   Reply With Quote