|12-20-2012, 06:42 PM||#1|
Riders of Doom DLC Achievement Guide & Roadmap
Rights of use:
This guide is for the use of x360a.org only and may not be used without the permission of the Author or Website Admin.
• Please be aware that there may/will be Spoilers
• Constructive Criticism is always welcome
• Please keep your posts clean
• Any help is greatly appreciated
• Post your thoughts on where you would like to see more info added
Everyone whose contributed to the guide!
+Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10 (Very difficult)
+Offline: 8 Achievements - 100 (All achievements can be unlocked alone and offline)
+Online: 0 Achievements - 0
+Approximate amount of time to 100: 10-25+ Hours (Dependent on skill)
+Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+Number of missable achievements: N/A (You can revisit individual tracks.)
+Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
+Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes (Easy, Medium & Hard tracks with Platinum times)
+Glitchy achievements? No
+Unobtainable achievements? No
Original Achievement Guide & Roadmap
Origin of Pain DLC Achievement Guide & Roadmap
DLC released on December 19, 2012
The Squirrels Have Nuts- 10
You don't have to be crazy to find every squirrel in Big Sands, but it helps!
There are a total of 10 squirrels in the Riders of Doom DLC. They are available at any time, using any bike although I recommend the Phoenix. Just make sure to collect all 10 of them to unlock this achievement, and you can quit out of the map as soon as you unlock it.
Special thanks to "K4rn4ge" for compiling this list!
1. - [0:06] - Greek Therapy - Easy - Choose any bike available to you. For this squirrel you can't fault. At the very start, you will see a small ramp with a fountain to the right of it. Ride on the fountain and you will hear a "ding" noise. Keep going until you get to the third checkpoint and prepare for a big drop. You will want to land on the 2nd fountain and make sure you hear the "ding" again. Keep going until the 7th checkpoint and you will see the third and final fountain after the next small ramp. Ride on this fountain and you will now hear a different melodic sound. This is the signal that you have opened up the secret chamber. Keep going through the level still with 0 faults until the big gap before the finish line. Instead of jumping across it, slowly fall down into the newly opened chamber in the floor. You will go backwards down the ramp into SQUIRREL #1
2. - [0:53] - Toxication - Easy - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 8th checkpoint. You will hear a creaking sound. Once you hear that signal, fall down the incline backwards (the way you came up before). You may need to backflip in order to get back down but you will need enough speed to also go over the pile of barrels to your left. Once over those, keep backing up and slide down another incline into the toxic waste. Wait a few seconds and you will see SQUIRREL #2 pop out of a small pipe which wasn't there before.
3. - [1:25] - Anno Domini - Medium - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 2nd checkpoint. There will be an incline. Instead of jumping across the big gap fall down inbetween the two columns. You will notice the left column starting to collapse. At this time you will have to gain speed on the small ramp and do a backflip off of the column on the right. You will have to time it so that you go over the falling column and then land on the left side. Wait there and the camera zooms in a bit and you will see a squirrel pop out of the cup/mug for SQUIRREL #3.
4. - [1:48] - Halloween Hot Rod - Medium - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 4th checkpoint. Underneath you, you'll see a pumpkin hanging from the ceiling. You must have that pumpkin fall on your head and from that point on you CANNOT fault. You are able to fault at that checkpoint until you get the pumpkin on your head but NOT after that. To get down there is a bit tricky as you will have to hook your tire onto the plank and swing around to land under the pumpkin. From that point on you cannot fault and must navigate through an alternate version of the track. Towards the end you will go up an incline into a previously locked room revealing SQUIRREL # 4.
5. - [2:59] - Trouble at t' Mill - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 2nd checkpoint. You must perform two flips at any time. You will hear a bird chirp each time you flip. I recommend doing the first flip either at the big drop directly after the 2nd checkpoint or at the 3rd checkpoint over the stairset. For the 2nd flip, you will probably want to flip and land in the big gap with the wheel and water. Once you have done your 2nd flip, the water will drain and you will fall into a capsule. SQUIRREL # 5 will then pop out of a crate.
6. - [3:23] - Black Site - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 9th checkpoint. You will need to input a code with the following controller button combo. It is: LB, RB, Click Left Stick, Click Right Stick, Up direction on Right Stick. As you input the code, you will hear beeps and see colors light up the board in the back. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a spaceship sound. Now you must make it through the rest of the track without faulting (there are only 2-3 more obstacles before the end). If you fault, simply reload the checkpoint and enter code again. After going past the finish line, just wait. A spaceship will beam you up and you will get SQUIRREL # 6.
7. - [4:02] - Dystopia - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 13th checkpoint. Back up a bit and you will be on a small platform that sticks out from the wall. Get a bit of backwards momentum and fall back down to the left. Try to land on the flat platform if you can. Once down there you will see a checkpoint from before. Let the backwards momentum kick in and you will go down another incline. Once there, you will see a squirrel hit a switch to trigger an explosion and you will get SQUIRREL # 7 and if you got ALL 10/10 squirrels, you will be rewarded with the "The Squirrels Have Nuts" achievement!
8. - [4:46] - Overpass Action - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 7th checkpoint. On the right you will see a fence with a down arrow sign. Do NOT go down. Instead, you will want to press Y to bailout and go over the fence and light pole and land on the highway. A red car will start speeding towards you. You need to try and land in front of the car before it runs you over. You can keep trying from that checkpoint as you have to be fast but yet you still need to bail high enough to go over the light pole. If you land in front of the car early enough, the car will stop and a squirrel will peek his head out of the car window for SQUIRREL # 8.
9. - [5:07] - Bazaar Run - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the final checkpoint right before the gap before the finish line. Instead of simply riding off the ramp into the finish line, you will want to get enough speed to go up the ramp and then at the height of your jump, press Y to bailout. Try and aim your rider to the right and over the broken wall with a barrel that's above the finish line. Up there lies SQUIRREL # 9.
10. - [5:30] - Nature Calls - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 9th checkpoint. You will notice a small wooden platform/raft in the water below. You will need to land here and wait on it for about 10 seconds. The raft will start to move and you will reach an area with SQUIRREL # 10. NOTE: When the raft starts to move, you will automatically fault but obviously this is intended as your body will float on the raft to the squirrel location.
Last edited by Maka; 12-31-2012 at 05:50 PM.
|12-20-2012, 06:49 PM||#2|
Never Say Stop - 10
Zero fault Pump It Up without hitting the brakes.
It's possible to do this achievement 2 completely different ways.
For this achievement, you'll have to complete the track "Pump it Up" (Hard) without braking ( or ), by only using gas/throttle.
Using the Phoenix 250cc, practice the track a few times until you remember it. Now go through the track, with your finger off the brake, and trying to complete it faultlessly. I recommend watching the video to see the best path and method for each obstacle. Just take your time and try to keep the bike very steady and flat to avoid wheelies.
Use the Scorpion 450cc as the bike is much more stable and reliable.
I was actually able to get the achievement having the throttle down the entire, while using the Scorpion and found it to be quite easy which is recommend this as an alternate method for those struggling. Just keep the gas pressed down the whole way through the track using the Scorpion, as it is quite stable, and try to get to the finish!
Etremophile - 10
All you have to do is pass one Extreme in Big Sands. Just one. You can do it!
Just complete any extreme track as a part of the Riders of Doom DLC.
I recommend the track "Oblivion" using the Phoenix 250cc, and just take your time learning each individual checkpoint, making your way through the entire track. After finishing the track with any rating, you will unlock the achievement.
Ultimate Endurance II - 10
Pass Level 15 in Neverending Trials.
This achievement is done on the "Neverending Trials" skill game. In this skill game are you asked to complete small rounds, where you must jump over random obstacles without faulting. To gain the achievement, you will have to successfully complete 15 rounds. This achievement is extremely difficult, and you will probably spend a lot of time here. The only real advice is to keep trying, memorize the repeating rounds, and keep playing until you are graced with an "easy" set of rounds. Eventually, after trials and error, you will be given a set of random of rounds that are easier than usual.
I recommend the Phoenix 250cc, but the Banshee 350cc will also work.
Wail of the Banshee - 10
Zero fault the Hard as Nails tournament using the Banshee.
This achievement is for Trials veterans and skilled players only! This is a hard tournament that comprises of 5 hard tracks. As stated in the description, you will need to complete this tournament without faults using the new Banshee 350cc bike. It is recommend that you are able to complete all 5 of the tracks individually without faults a few times in a row before going for this achievement, as it is very difficult. Take it slow, one checkpoint at a time. Also, make sure to do the tournament from start to finish a few times just to see where you are making faults and to see how low you are able to get in terms of faults within a few tries.
Track #1: Nature Calls - This track is probably the hardest of the 5 to consistently get 0 faults on, luckily you'll have to play it first so there isn't as much pressure. Just keep steady and restart when necessary.
Track #2: Bazaar Run - This track isn't too hard, but it can be tricky to get 0 faults on consistently. You'll want to focus on the first and last checkpoints mostly, although every player may have their individual struggle points.
Track #3: Backwaters - For experienced Trials riders, there are very few parts to this track that should cause trouble, as long as you take your time at each obstacle, and use a path that suits a consistent play-style for you.
Track #4: Overpass Action - Not a fan of this track to be honest, as it can be a little unpredictable. Again, take your time where necessary, but don't hesitate too much as this track is unforgiving. Here's where experience and practice will come in, as there are no real tips that will do this track flawlessly for you.
Track #5: The Dome of Doom - Your palms are sweaty, your hands are shaking, and you feel like you might be on the verge of getting one of the harder achievements that have ever graced your gamercard. Take a deep breath, and take it slow. This track is not hard, and there are only 2 obstacles that will prove of any difficulty if you've been practicing. Take it easy, rushing in this track is a big no-no. Focus on predicting the next obstacle, and setting your position.
Cult of the Golden Wheel - 20
Find the legendary Golden Wheel of Sir Daniel of Stockport.
This achievement is done on the track "Sky City" and I recommend using the Phoenix 250cc bike.
Once you start on the track, you'll need to ignite your back tire, and to do this, take the first jump over the wheel barrow. Once you land, go forward until you hear a creaking door open, at this point begin reversing. When you reverse all the way up the ramp behind you, you will ignite your back tire with some sparks. These sparks will NOT make your bike explode, so there is no need to rush.
You will now need to ignite all 6 fuses, without faulting, around the track to gain this achievement.:
1. Right after the initial ramp
2. At Checkpoint 4, before the bounce pad, you'll see the fuse on the lower for of the boxes.
3. At Checkpoint 7, slowly creep up the ramp, and use your back tire to ignite the fuse at the top of the ramp, and make sure to reverse quickly back down the ramp.
4. After the second bounce pad, slowly go up the incline, and the fuse will be directly after it.
5. After the 3rd bounce pad, the fuse will be at the edge of the building.
6. At Checkpoint 17 (far within the level) you'll have a big gap to cross. You'll have to go slowly, and hit the small platform beneath you and bounce to the lower ledge where you'll find the final fuse, gaining the achievement. An alternative is to overshoot onto the next set of ramps, and reverse on the small platform, then jumping forward although I found this method harder.
Last edited by Maka; 01-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.
|12-21-2012, 08:47 AM||#3|
The Dystopian - 20
Finish Dystopia without faulting and turn all five traffic lights green.
For this achievement you'll need to play on the level "Dystopia" (Hard), and I recommend using the Phoenix 250cc bike. To get the achievement, you'll need to trigger all 5 traffic lights, and finish the level without faulting and you will know a traffic light is triggered when it turns green. I recommend going through the track a few times normally to get a feel for it. The traffic light locations are best seen in the video below:
Last edited by Maka; 01-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
|12-22-2012, 08:27 AM||#6|
This is a game of long-term dedication. But yes, the achievements are very difficult.
|12-31-2012, 10:01 AM||#7|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Heartland
After reading through this again I'd suggest putting a space between each squirrel location. Makes it kind of hard to read all lumped together
Last edited by Dog Face; 12-31-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Typo
|01-01-2013, 10:51 AM||#8|
Join Date: Nov 2007
God that golden wheel achievement is pissing me off. Gotten to the last one so many times and keep screwing up that last jump. That final hole is not necessary, really. The last one to light should be the easiest in a game like this. The hard ones to light should be first IMO.
Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Last edited by Nevander; 01-01-2013 at 11:26 PM.
|01-01-2013, 11:27 PM||#10|
Man you make it look so easy in all your videos lol.. when I first started playing trials, I was crap.. but like someone else said, it takes dedication. An now I'm starting to get pretty good on the extreme tracks..
Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
|01-04-2013, 11:17 AM||#12|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Heartland
Hey Maka for Wail of the Banshee why don't you just go back and no-fault the tracks that it's in and do commentary over those? Aside from the pressure being on you to not fault it's pretty much the same. Just do them in the order the tourney has you do it and edit them together?
Edit: Oh, nevermind. Thought you were going to make a video guide for people.
Last edited by Dog Face; 01-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.
|01-04-2013, 12:29 PM||#13|
Join Date: Jun 2009
0 faulted the first 4 tracks in Hard as Nails and then I f*ck up on the very first jump on the last track! 3 faults is my best so far, seems like the very first jump of the Bazaar Run and somewhere in the 3rd track are my weakest points.. Hopefully I'll get it soon though
|01-04-2013, 05:15 PM||#14|
|01-04-2013, 10:37 PM||#16|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Heartland
Also, okay. I thought I had read you were going too but didn't see it when I checked last night to see.
|01-13-2013, 11:41 PM||#18|
This is a great guide. Managed to finish this game the other day with hours and hours of practice for this ridiculously hard DLC Just keep at it. I found Neverending trials the hardest of them all but for some reason got lucky after say 50 hours of practicing it! As for the wail of the banshee achievement - my suggestion is to play for say an hour, then walk off and come back to it later - I found it was easier to do better when I was calm and not concentrating too much. Nerves often cause you to fault.
|01-27-2013, 03:14 AM||#19|
Guide and Award Staff
This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:
Official x360a.org Trials: Evolution / DLC: Riders of Doom Achievement Guide and Roadmap
Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.
We look forward to your future submissions!
XboxAchievements Code of Conduct - Read. Understand. Follow.
Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!
Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...
|01-28-2013, 06:07 AM||#20|
I'm still missing two achievements, but your guide was very helpful for the others. Thanks for helping out the community On a similar note, I recommend the achievement difficulty be bumped up to 11/10. If players in the top .1% of the leaderboards (ie. you, me, and plenty of other hardcore players) are having this much trouble, I can't imagine how these achievements must feel for the average player.