PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
peternography
Banned User

Hellspit Ninja's Gamercard
mgs4?

i seem to recall konami promising mgs4 on the 360 a while back they even confirmed it (cant remember were). but why would they release rising before 360 version of 4? and hideo kojima needs to stop saying stuff hes crazy. first he said that peace walker for psp was his mgs5 then he said rising was his mgs5 then he said rising was not his 5 he has bigger plans. this guy is not making any sense i don't care about his five i want 4 cause i lost my ps3 version. i think he goes into buildings and just sits there or starbucks and orders nothing this guy lost it.
peternography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
He said he was considering it, it was never confirmed.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah...i also heard they are adding Trophies to it. Its the only game i have on my ps3 lol. To this day i dont know what caused me to buy the new 250g ps3....waste of money and i cant trade it in because i will get SHIIIIITTTTT.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
peternography
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetStarstrukk View Post
He said he was considering it, it was never confirmed.
no they confirmed it and it was rent able on gamefly and on the newsletter emails i get from gamestop in the coming soon section
Old 08-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I read that Kojima Said xbox360 is not powerfull enough to handle MGS4. although That could of just been a PS3 Fanboy trying to make the PS3 Sound good.

I dont think it will happen. It has been too long.

I have also read that MGS Rising will be inbetween Mgs2 and Mgs4. Again i could be wrong...

As For MGS5... ***A Few spoilers to the mgs series if you look too much into this***

I dont think there will be a MGS5. after the ending of mgs4 i feel if they carried it on from there it would just ruin the ending. So i dont think there will be any more games continuing Snakes story. If anything you will probably follow the story of other MGS Characters. So pretty much just spin-off games. Right now i think it would be a great time for them to Remake Metal Gear 1 & 2. I doubt it would happen but it would be cool. I have a feeling they will continue to release games following Big Boss's Story on handheld consoles tho.
True I Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
peternography
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by True I Skill View Post
I read that Kojima Said xbox360 is not powerfull enough to handle MGS4. although That could of just been a PS3 Fanboy trying to make the PS3 Sound good.

I dont think it will happen. It has been too long.

I have also read that MGS Rising will be inbetween Mgs2 and Mgs4. Again i could be wrong...

As For MGS5... ***A Few spoilers to the mgs series if you look too much into this***

I dont think there will be a MGS5. after the ending of mgs4 i feel if they carried it on from there it would just ruin the ending. So i dont think there will be any more games continuing Snakes story. If anything you will probably follow the story of other MGS Characters. So pretty much just spin-off games. Right now i think it would be a great time for them to Remake Metal Gear 1 & 2. I doubt it would happen but it would be cool. I have a feeling they will continue to release games following Big Boss's Story on handheld consoles tho.
well it's kind of true the 360 is powerful enough but it is lazy. i read the 360 doesn't use all its processors for any of the games because it doesn't find it necessary. i think its six but only uses four or four but only uses two, I'm not sure but that tells me the next console wont be out for a while, which is a good thing.

yeah the time line is a bit confusing since at the end of mgs4 raiden is all patched up and has his mojo back. but in the rising vids and pics he looks worse then the scence when he gets hit by the bigass you know what then a couple of his limbs do things their not supposed to(no spoilers).

as for spin offs i think it would be a bad idea for the mgs series because of all the fanboys they will die when playing rising because from the looks of it all it's nothing like mgs.

although i would enjoy more mgso maybe a mmo type. i loved it it was awesome that's the only reason i would get mgs4 on 360 even tough i have it on ps3 cause i lost it.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
The graphics would be slightly off compared to the PS3 and it would be on at least 5 discs as Kojima himself said that he had trouble trying to fit all the content for MGS4 on one 50 gigabyte Blu-Ray disc and dual layered dvd at most goes up to 10 gigs. I'd still play it though. I love stealth games.

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
peternography
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee717 View Post
The graphics would be slightly off compared to the PS3 and it would be on at least 5 discs as Kojima himself said that he had trouble trying to fit all the content for MGS4 on one 50 gigabyte Blu-Ray disc and dual layered dvd at most goes up to 10 gigs. I'd still play it though. I love stealth games.
omg that reminds me of the part when otacon stops you to tell you to insert disc two and i was like wtf? i only got one then he says the whole thing about the blu ray and i was laughing so hard it was the funniest thing in that game.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
blee717

o BLEE x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternography View Post
omg that reminds me of the part when otacon stops you to tell you to insert disc two and i was like wtf? i only got one then he says the whole thing about the blu ray and i was laughing so hard it was the funniest thing in that game.
Haha yeah it was. Imagine if it came out for the 360 and Otacon would say something like "Well if you had a PS3, all this disc swapping wouldn't be necessary."

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"

blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
peternography
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee717 View Post
Haha yeah it was. Imagine if it came out for the 360 and Otacon would say something like "Well if you had a PS3, all this disc swapping wouldn't be necessary."
yeah my brother told me that the final product for mgs4 was around 38 gigabytes so they must have left out a lot of stuff from the multi player which would explain all the expansions

who is Anna maria Perez de tagles? and why'd you get an achievement for her alleged hotness?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
iiiMoNsTaaa

BigSammyAtt x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternography View Post
i seem to recall konami promising mgs4 on the 360 a while back they even confirmed it (cant remember were). but why would they release rising before 360 version of 4? and hideo kojima needs to stop saying stuff hes crazy. first he said that peace walker for psp was his mgs5 then he said rising was his mgs5 then he said rising was not his 5 he has bigger plans. this guy is not making any sense i don't care about his five i want 4 cause i lost my ps3 version. i think he goes into buildings and just sits there or starbucks and orders nothing this guy lost it.
MGS Rising takes place during the events of MGS4, and i cant really see MGS4 coming out for it tbh, because on the original xbox substance came out way after MGS2 did on a console. MGS4 was probably one of the best games ive ever played and ive played all of them and this was my favourite I would love to see it on the 360 cuz its a pain to put the PS3 on to use it hehe. I cant see it happening but I think a new MGS will come out rather than 4 coming out.
iiiMoNsTaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
I agree with most, I would love to see MGS4 on the 360. Do I think it will happen, no. I just feel like he's moved on to other projects and isnt looking back. If he isnt gonna put trophies for the ps3 then he's not looking back on MGS4. The demand for the 360 version is so high so idk why they wouldnt put it out. Everyone makes such a argument about how many disks it would be. Who cares? Idc if its 15 dicks people will still buy it and they could for sure make a profit out of it. I hope they do but highly doubt it.

Rising- Fully excited about this game. Snake will be in it somehow! I really don't think we've seen the end of old snake.
I JUST D0 WORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
Gareth Dent

Send a message via MSN to Gareth Dent Send a message via Skype™ to Gareth Dent

Gareth Dent's Gamercard
I have mixed feelings about it possibly coming to 360.

Pro

-Achivements (Ah yes, we know MGS4 would gain our little achivements )
-Multiplayer would probly be alot more alive + abit more communication.
-Its Metal Gear, what more do you want? Classic Stealth at its best, id love to see it.

Con

-With the advent of the shop in MGS4 i fear they would bring out alot of shop packs(DLC)

-Would come on a shit load of disks, which is just more messing around for us players.
-My Ps3 would gather dust (seriously, i forked over 180 and the only game i play on it is MGS4)

Although, on a side note. Metal Gear Collectors Edition? Is out soon on the ps3, which includes the original MGS games. I'm more hoping that becomes multi as i prefer the earlier to the latter..

"We all have secrets; the ones we keep, and the ones that are kept from us."
Gifts
-EaT-
djunglist
VelocityGFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleTherapist View Post
This thread is now basically a 'Gareth is awesome thread'.
Gareth Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
I JUST D0 WORK

GriZzly GRiP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Dent View Post
I have mixed feelings about it possibly coming to 360.

Pro

-Achivements (Ah yes, we know MGS4 would gain our little achivements )
-Multiplayer would probly be alot more alive + abit more communication.
-Its Metal Gear, what more do you want? Classic Stealth at its best, id love to see it.

Con

-With the advent of the shop in MGS4 i fear they would bring out alot of shop packs(DLC)

-Would come on a shit load of disks, which is just more messing around for us players.
-My Ps3 would gather dust (seriously, i forked over 180 and the only game i play on it is MGS4)

Although, on a side note. Metal Gear Collectors Edition? Is out soon on the ps3, which includes the original MGS games. I'm more hoping that becomes multi as i prefer the earlier to the latter..

What MGS collectors edition?
I JUST D0 WORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #15
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Ha, well, that would be cool. But why not get a cheap PS3? Rising looks cool.

P.S. - It wasn't CONFIRMED.

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

No i dont think it will come the 360, first they would have to put trophies in the ps3 version

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #17
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
MGS5 has already been done, the fifth installment was Peace Walker, this would be considered Six, not sure if we'll see MGS7, I sure as hell wouldn't say no, but Hideo is a bit busy with the Fox Engine and the PS3 backward compatible thingy, forgot the name of it, also he is working on his new game.
Verdinial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #18
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
Ha, well, that would be cool. But why not get a cheap PS3? Rising looks cool.

P.S. - It wasn't CONFIRMED.
maybe because some of us don't have sacks with dollar signs lying around the house.

As much as I want to play MGS4 I'm not shelling out several hundred dollars just to play it, and I doubt I'd ever get another PS3 game.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
SNAK3 B3AT3R

Undefeat3d Gaul's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiiMoNsTaaa View Post
MGS Rising takes place during the events of MGS4, and i cant really see MGS4 coming out for it tbh, because on the original xbox substance came out way after MGS2 did on a console. MGS4 was probably one of the best games ive ever played and ive played all of them and this was my favourite I would love to see it on the 360 cuz its a pain to put the PS3 on to use it hehe. I cant see it happening but I think a new MGS will come out rather than 4 coming out.
Wrong again. I don't know why you people make up your own facts.
This game takes place 10 years after MGS4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abShb5EC00A
SNAK3 B3AT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAK3 B3AT3R View Post
Bumping an old thread? Hell yeah!

Not sure why you're quoting a two year old post or complaining about false information when you're giving some out yourself. The game is set four years after Guns of the Patriots, not ten.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAK3 B3AT3R View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abShb5EC00A
Post is 2 years old and at the time was correct. It even says so in the video you provided.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #22
Ameno

MGS4 would have been more preferred for a 360 release imo. I don't think it will be ported to the xbox though
Ameno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
Missior Mattchu

missior mattchu's Gamercard
Thread is pretty old, but for anyone stopping by wondering if there was any solid info on a possible MGS4 on 360 like I was, 99% positive it's not happening.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/metal-g...bunked-6400690

That was the latest, and only MGS4 re-release, which happened a few months ago. PS3 exclusive. I doubt they would bother with yet ANOTHER, but for the 360. Maybe on the next generation Xbox as a super HD re-release like the HD collection we already got? lol

Does make me sad though, I have a PS3 with MGS4 on it, but I spend most of my gaming time on the 360, talking to friends, who also love the series, but don't own PS3's at this point. Would've loved it. Oh well. I'd personally rather them focus on making Ground Zeroes at this point, which is going to be incredible. Peace Walker designed for consoles, I can only imagine the possibilities!
Missior Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote