Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #31
Super Geek No1

Super Geek No 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
Lol, same here. But I knew I was gonna try and do alot of pc games so I when I was picking out parts for my pc, since I was going to build it myself, I made sure I got stuff that was well ahead of what any game requires so I wouldn't have to upgrade anytime soon.
Yeah when to the site you gave me the link to no int. shipping and even if they did it would cost a lot for I just buy parts to make an ultimate machine
I'll keep you posted
Super Geek No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
Super Geek No1

I'm back!!! Hello everybody.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for the guide.

It's a big help, got all the cheevos on all the Xbox Gears games, so wanting to mop up on this version before Gears Judgment is out.

I am just doing Public matches currently so I can change the weapons to what I need for the weapon achievements. There seems to be no way to track progress though. ** Does Private count as Public match as well for achievements?

I keep having people join and moan at the AFK players, if I can do it Private and get the weapon cheevos and Not So Seriously, then I will switch to that to save some player grief.

Please confirm this is correct --my setup:

2 players (1 is my main profile) vs. 3 players - using your multiple account tip.

Is 2 players vs 3 players fine for achievements? I know it needs to be at least 3v3 for Ranked, is 2 v 3 fine for Public cheevos?

I am currently doing Warzone, 3 rounds and just getting Boomshot kills, then need Torque Bow and Hammer of Dawn.

Once weapon kills are done I'll switch then to your tip for Annex/KOTH.
Waynimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #34
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynimus View Post
Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for the guide.

It's a big help, got all the cheevos on all the Xbox Gears games, so wanting to mop up on this version before Gears Judgment is out.

I am just doing Public matches currently so I can change the weapons to what I need for the weapon achievements. There seems to be no way to track progress though. ** Does Private count as Public match as well for achievements?

I keep having people join and moan at the AFK players, if I can do it Private and get the weapon cheevos and Not So Seriously, then I will switch to that to save some player grief.

Please confirm this is correct --my setup:

2 players (1 is my main profile) vs. 3 players - using your multiple account tip.

Is 2 players vs 3 players fine for achievements? I know it needs to be at least 3v3 for Ranked, is 2 v 3 fine for Public cheevos?

I am currently doing Warzone, 3 rounds and just getting Boomshot kills, then need Torque Bow and Hammer of Dawn.

Once weapon kills are done I'll switch then to your tip for Annex/KOTH.
Actually reading the original post answers all of your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Geek No1 View Post
Now the setting I'm going to tell you was the easiest game type we could find. Host a rank match either KOTH (King Of The Hill) or Annex, Three rounds, 120 capture points and most importantly select the map to Fuel Depot. When the game has loaded up the lobby screen switch users and search for the game you are hosting (do this accordingly with all accounts). Switch back to your main account and start game.

24/07/11:
Please make sure you have 6 players/bots in a public(ranked) match for the kills to count towards Seriously. If a player/bot lags out for what ever reason if less then 6 players/bots capture the objective and end the game then start it back up with 6 players/bots. If you have more than 6 players/bots to start with then it doesn't matter if one ore two lag out as long as it doesn't go past 6 players/bots. For Not So Seriously doesn't matter how many players you have and it can be done in a private match, this is to clear up all questions people are asking one more thing GOW PC isn't like GOW Xbox 360 once you hit 10k on the dot Seriously will pop once the match has ended

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
Actually reading the original post answers all of your questions.
Ah yes, well, I did read through but must have got caught up and paid attention more to the Windows User Accounts than the rest.

Has anyone actually stuck to doing the weapon achievements in Private matches? I know it says it can be done, but even so, it would be a bit of a waste to do hundreds of matches and then later find it might not work after all.

I'll probably stick with Public Live for now just to be extra cautious.

Also, I think I have been wasting my time on weapon kills, and sticking to one weapon per match for the 3 rounds. It sounds a bit different to Xbox version, but if I understand it correctly for the weapon achievements - all that is required is at least 1 weapon kill per match? For example, I could do 100 matches, and in each of those get at least 1 kill with the Torque Bow, Boomshot, and Hammer of Dawn, and will get all the weapon achievements over the course of those 100 matches.

I think that's right anyway, and I'm sure that's probably covered in another post.

Last edited by Waynimus; 01-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #36
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I can't remember how many rounds I did it for but I was killing four dummies and was able to get one kill with each weapon in the match and did it in private. I unlocked all of the weapon achievements at the same time.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #37
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
I can't remember how many rounds I did it for but I was killing four dummies and was able to get one kill with each weapon in the match and did it in private. I unlocked all of the weapon achievements at the same time.
That sounds good. I was doing 2 v. 3, but am now doing 1 v. 1.

I figured if each match is 3 rounds and I need 3 specific weapon kills, I could get away with just for example, Round 1 = Torque Bow kill, Round 2 = Boomshot kill, Round 3 = HoD kill.

That should work, right? I am hoping that it just looks at the overall match, which if that's what it does then it should work. Hoping you don't have to get the same weapon kill for every round.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #38
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I think I did 3v4. It wasn't long matches maybe 4 or 5 rounds.

Extremely Serious
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
The Boomshot achievement unlocked last night; was doing public, 1 v. 1, and only got a Boom kill in 1 of the rounds, so it looks like it counts then.

Will continue doing that and just score at least 1 Torque and 1 Hammer of Dawn kill in each match. I'll change it up to Private though instead as people are getting annoyed of being booted out of my public matches (there's never usually so many people playing!)

My concern later will be for Ranked, I had a little experiment with the user accounts, I could manage 2 vs. 3, if 3 vs. 3 then it seemed to have issues.

Once I mop up these other cheevos I'll give it another try, if still no joy, then I do have a backup plan, I can use my Bro's laptop and install the game disc to his PC for an extra player. I am using Daemon tools on my own computer.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
I have now scored the Torque Bow achievement, which now leaves the Hammer of Dawn as the last weapon achievement to unlock.

I tried doing 2 v. 3 for the Hammer of Dawn achievement, as firgured a kill with that weapon pretty much wipes out the whole team at spawn, so it's a nice boost to Not So Seriously for the 20 or so matches I need.

However, I have an issue; it's likely down to my system spec no doubt, but is there anything that can be done, any process to end in task manager that might not be needed etc., just something to allow a few more players without them dropping out? I'd ideally like to be able to stretch to 3 v. 3 for Ranked play at least.

The game starts rather unstably, but becomes playable after a few seconds, the issue is after the match as it loads into the lobby, 2 or so of the players drop out from the game.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
Super Geek No1

Quote:
I have now scored the Torque Bow achievement, which now leaves the Hammer of Dawn as the last weapon achievement to unlock.

I tried doing 2 v. 3 for the Hammer of Dawn achievement, as firgured a kill with that weapon pretty much wipes out the whole team at spawn, so it's a nice boost to Not So Seriously for the 20 or so matches I need.

However, I have an issue; it's likely down to my system spec no doubt, but is there anything that can be done, any process to end in task manager that might not be needed etc., just something to allow a few more players without them dropping out? I'd ideally like to be able to stretch to 3 v. 3 for Ranked play at least.

The game starts rather unstably, but becomes playable after a few seconds, the issue is after the match as it loads into the lobby, 2 or so of the players drop out from the game.
What's your PC specs?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
What's your PC specs?
It's pretty dated now but has lasted me well.

Q6600 Quad 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 512MB GeForce GPU.

Built this system for and shortly after Gears PC released. There is some room to overclock but I haven't even yet bothered looking into that. Although it's not everyday I try running the same game more than once simultaneously!

One solution I did think of and did in fact try in Player match recently was;.. 2 vs 3, start the match, it's a bit all over the place, hit Alt+Tab, Switch User, and then disconnected and log off the extra player on my team, thus making it 1 vs 3.

The player disconnections only happen during the loading screen after match end. So I can do the long 1 round KOTH as suggested in this guide, start the match, then when everyone spawns in, just remove the players on my team, thus making it playable.

I want to try and do that in a 3 v. 3 situation, I am hoping it works.

Do you know if it affects achievements if players leave the game? I am thinking Player match (Not So Serious) will likely be fine, but what about Ranked which requires min. 3 vs 3? Once the the Ranked game starts that should be the Ranked Seriously requirement fulfilled I would assume, thus leaving me free to remove players and play a long ass round for a few hundred kills until boredom kicks in.

Do you forsee any problem here Seriously & Not So Serious wise in the removal of players? Thanks for the help thus far btw!

Last edited by Waynimus; 01-22-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #43
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I don't think you'll be able to do 3v3 since it drops out on 2v3. I have a nvidia geforce gtx 460 and a intel i7 2.9Ghz and it lagged for about 30 seconds at the beginning of the match.

Extremely Serious
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't think you'll be able to do 3v3 since it drops out on 2v3. I have a nvidia geforce gtx 460 and a intel i7 2.9Ghz and it lagged for about 30 seconds at the beginning of the match.
Yeah, it does drop players out, but it doesn't do that until the match ends. It would be unplayable for me on 3 v. 3. What I was trying to ask was...

If I start a 3v3 Ranked, get the game to start and everyone to spawn in, then manually myself Log Off and remove the other Windows users on my team - making it a 1 v. 3 - would the kills I obtain then throughout that Ranked match still count towards Seriously?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Ok, I just spent a good 1hr 40mins killing 3 dummies as suggested in the original post.

I am wondering if the kills have counted towards Seriously or not though. I started the match with 3v3 players. Upon the game starting I minimized the game and removed the 2 players from my team (to make it playable), thus making it 1v3 -- me versus 3 dummies in Ranked.

I got exactly 806 kills after 1h 40min session, captured the hill in Annex to end the game. I was satisfied it had worked, that is until I checked the Versus Leaderboard (Annex; All Time) and my kills in Annex DID NOT go up at all from that match.

Is it possible it has still counted towards Seriously, and maybe just Gears PC practically being dead, the Leaderboards may just not get updated anymore -- or so I am hoping.

Anyone know for sure either way?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #46
Super Geek No1

Quote:
Ok, I just spent a good 1hr 40mins killing 3 dummies as suggested in the original post.

I am wondering if the kills have counted towards Seriously or not though. I started the match with 3v3 players. Upon the game starting I minimized the game and removed the 2 players from my team (to make it playable), thus making it 1v3 -- me versus 3 dummies in Ranked.

I got exactly 806 kills after 1h 40min session, captured the hill in Annex to end the game. I was satisfied it had worked, that is until I checked the Versus Leaderboard (Annex; All Time) and my kills in Annex DID NOT go up at all from that match.

Is it possible it has still counted towards Seriously, and maybe just Gears PC practically being dead, the Leaderboards may just not get updated anymore -- or so I am hoping.

If you are doing Not So Seriously then you can do 2v3 and so on. But for ranked it must be 3v3 minimum and a minimum of 3 rounds. It's in the description
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #47
XxRPGxXLEGEND

XxRPGxXLEGEND's Gamercard
maybe it's just me, or not?

Maybe it's just me, I've read the original post ..and most of the other posts and I am considering getting gears for PC ..but I would like to clerify.

So.. We DONT need to be on Ranked matches to get the MP achievements for PC? Becuase xbox version we obviously do,
and Annex works for achievments on pc aswell, becuase xbox.. is doesnt either.

Questions may be stupid, but they are legit :P

Thanks
XxRPGxXLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #48
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
If you are doing Not So Seriously then you can do 2v3 and so on. But for ranked it must be 3v3 minimum and a minimum of 3 rounds. It's in the description
Right, got it. I'll focus on Not So Serious for now, so player count is irrelevant for that, I can get away with doing Private 1v3, and drop a player out on my team to achieve that 1 vs 3? I'll just assume that's a yes.

You did however confuse me on Seriously/Ranked. I think perhaps the game being old that you may be mistaken on this instance, please clarify though if you believe you are still correct. So it has to be at least 3v3 throughout in Ranked no matter what for the kills to count. The bit that confused me though is you said it has to be at least 3 rounds as well. -- I think the rounds only applied to weapon achievements, there's no mention in Seriously description about number of rounds.

Obviously if I can hold the players for Seriously and figure something out for that, then I'd like to just do 1 huge round as per your guide for Annex, get as many kills as possible before boredom kicks in and end that 1 round and the entire match by capping the hill. To clarify, 1-round match, at least 3v3, is perfectly acceptable for Seriously/Ranked requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRPGxXLEGEND View Post
Maybe it's just me, I've read the original post ..and most of the other posts and I am considering getting gears for PC ..but I would like to clerify.

So.. We DONT need to be on Ranked matches to get the MP achievements for PC? Becuase xbox version we obviously do,
and Annex works for achievments on pc aswell, becuase xbox.. is doesnt either.

Questions may be stupid, but they are legit :P

Thanks
On PC the weapon kills can be done in whatever, Ranked, Player, Private etc., just it must be a minimum of 3 rounds per match. Only 1 weapon kill per match will count as a +1, so 3 rounds you could have custom weapon locations and focus on 3 weapons, one different weapon kill for each round if you like.

I believe Annex/KOTH work on PC simply because they're modes that launched with the game, where as on Xbox Annex was later added as a free add-on.

Last edited by Waynimus; 01-24-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #49
Super Geek No1

Quote:

Seriously is ranked the minimum requirement for the kills to count is 3v3, with 3 rounds minimum on a ranked server. If a player drops out for any reason the kills will not count after that player dropped out if it is less than 3v3.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #50
Super Geek No1

I've have made even more clear what is needed for boosting this game so please read carefully as I won't be holding anyone's hand.... Understood Good!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #51
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
I've have made even more clear what is needed for boosting this game so please read carefully as I won't be holding anyone's hand.... Understood Good!!!
Yes, you've made yourself clear. I was merely trying to get clarification as to why you think Seriously needs to be 3 rounds.

The weapon achievements specifically state 3+ rounds, where as the description in the two Seriously achievements merely indicates Ranked or Player match as the only requirement.

I take it you, or some others perhaps found out the hard way then. Either way, even though 1 round is my prefrence, I can still do all my killing in round 1, and just cap the hill for the next 2 rounds I suppose - just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #52
natureismassive

foerl's Gamercard
how did you manage to use the same key over and over again? i have a downloaded copy of the game. i opened up a second account on my pc - started the game. it asked for a serial - i put in the one the game came with and voila the game started. then it asked me to log in to a gamertag which i then created on xbox.com. but: then it asked me again for a serial but mine is wrong... any idea what i could do? thanks!
natureismassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #53
Uranium Deposit

Uranium Deposit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureismassive View Post
how did you manage to use the same key over and over again? i have a downloaded copy of the game. i opened up a second account on my pc - started the game. it asked for a serial - i put in the one the game came with and voila the game started. then it asked me to log in to a gamertag which i then created on xbox.com. but: then it asked me again for a serial but mine is wrong... any idea what i could do? thanks!
There are two different serial numbers. The game activation serial, which you put in the first time when it dials up the publisher's servers and the live activation code for assigning it to your gamertag. If you bought through digital download, you can find the keys under the game in the GFWL client.

Uranium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ok I'm running Windows 8.

processor
AMD Phenom II x4 820 2.80 GHz
RAM
8GB
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I've been told that this is more than enough to run more than one copy at a time for Gears of War.

I downloaded the no CD crack. I've figured out how to switch users on Windows 8. For those who don't know it's Windows key + L that will take you to the windows lock screen. Click on the screen the hit the arrow to switch users.

Now the issue I'm having is the pc is telling me it can't open the second copy because the startup.exe is already running.

Any help would be appreciated.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #55
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
Ok I'm running Windows 8.

processor
AMD Phenom II x4 820 2.80 GHz
RAM
8GB
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I've been told that this is more than enough to run more than one copy at a time for Gears of War.

I downloaded the no CD crack. I've figured out how to switch users on Windows 8. For those who don't know it's Windows key + L that will take you to the windows lock screen. Click on the screen the hit the arrow to switch users.

Now the issue I'm having is the pc is telling me it can't open the second copy because the startup.exe is already running.

Any help would be appreciated.
I took a break from this and am now looking to mop up and get the 1K GS.

I have stumbled into a similar issue to you. I can have 5 idle players on my Vista desktop PC, and previously on a Win7 laptop I could host 3 idle players. However, for some reason now it only lets me run the game twice on the laptop, if I go for a 3rd player I now get the same error message as you.

No idea why that is, I can only assume there must be something I've downloaded over Windows Update that is blocking it.

Luckily all I have left is 'Not So Seriously' so assume I should be able to get that achievement doing 2 v 3 with only one PC. I'll probably still use the laptop for 3 v 4 as it'll be a bit quicker killing a full team with Hammer of Dawn when they spawn on the outdoors.

Last edited by Waynimus; 10-21-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #56
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ok I can now get my second profile to actually open the game, (I was getting a runtime error) I told it to run as admin and the game launched. Switched to my main profile try to launch game and I am cannot start as the startup.exe is already running.

What step am I missing?

Open gears sign into main profile

Switch users ctrl+alt+delete to switch users (windows 8)

click gears of war tile on start menu

Cannot run startup.exe because it's already running

I just need some help for people who seem to get this to work.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #57
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

It may not work with windows 8. Set up dual boot and run windows 7.

I had that issue sometimes as well when I would load up 6 accounts on my pc. All you have to do is open task manager and go to processes and close gears of war, its not called gears of war i think its called wargames or something like that, then try again.

Extremely Serious

Last edited by McDurbin; 10-22-2013 at 09:06 PM.