PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Bully: Scholarship Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
OGsuperkill

OGsuperkill's Gamercard
Did anyone else have trouble with the Arcade Games?

I have been trying forever to get high scores in the arcade games and the stupid puff fish keeps killing me, help?
OGsuperkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
TeachMeHowToUrkel

Location: I'm The Boss Micheal Scott,The Rest of Y'all Just Phyllis
Send a message via Skype™ to TeachMeHowToUrkel

Feel Free To Ask's Gamercard
I had the same trouble when I first start. It's all just luck really. When I did it I mainly just stayed in the same spot and let the food run into me and I'd move when I have a puffer-fish coming my way.

No doubt this one will take you a while to get unless you have some luck on your side,but it's very possible.
TeachMeHowToUrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah the little arcade games sure gave me some trouble. It was one of the last things I completed. Like mentioned, it's a lot of luck. You could try a youtube video too.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
boomxboomxsnap

kaypeecuh's Gamercard
yeahhh, the arcade games and the carnival games are all frustrating as hell! just keep your cool, and you'll be fine!
boomxboomxsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
LHXQ

Huh, guess my brain is just naturally wired for 80s-style arcade games like this. I beat the Consumo high score on my first try and the other two on my second. Maybe these tips will help:

Consumo - Try to stay in the middle circle, don't go outside it unless there's a food item right there. I tend to not look at my character very much, and instead focus on everything that's moving around him. The items all move either straight up/down or left/right, so it's not as chaotic as it first seems, but it does take some practice. I play a lot of chaotic 2D shooters ("shmups") so I guess I'm just used to it. The collision-detection area seems to extend a little beyond the objects, so you can snag food just from barely touching it, but it also means you need to give enemies a wide berth.

Nut Shots - The natural instinct is to stay as far to the left as possible, to increase the time you have to react, but don't do this. The wave shot from the bat expands as it moves left, and eventually it will get so big it's impossible to dodge. Stay near the center, even a little over to the right, and just pound the fire button. The shots from the wasps are not too difficult to avoid, and you can usually take them out before they have a chance to fire. Focus on the bat as soon as it appears, then move all the way up or down to avoid its initial wave shot. When the eagle appears, get close and fire a bunch of shots, then back up toward the left side of the screen when it's about to fire the salmon. You'll have to dodge the first salmon but you can kill the eagle just after it launches the second one, and when you do it knocks out both the eagle and the salmon.

Monkey Fling - Focus on the spiders first. Unlike Nut Shots you can't just blast away forever because you'll run out of poo. Time your shots, line them up so you get the spiders. When you have a breather, knock down a few bananas to replenish your poop. Try to leave a couple there for emergencies. If there are a ton of spiders on both sides of the screen, clear out just one half and let the ones on the other side drop to the ground. If you move all the way to the edge they'll probably disappear before they get you. If you do run completely out of poop you'll get a single shot after a few seconds, but try not to rely on this. If you can get a rhythm down it should go pretty smoothly.
LHXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
fastpitch41

ifastpitch41's Gamercard
Yeah, they were really frustrating. I'm pretty sure I saved those for last because I was having trouble with them. I just kept playing them until I got lucky enough to get the high score.
Fable 2 (1320/1350)
L.A. Noire (1400/1400)
LEGO Indiana Jones (1000/1000)
UNO (200/200)

Currently Playing
Grand Theft Auto IV
fastpitch41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I did Consumo and Monkey Fling in a couple of attempts and without much difficulty but cannot for the life of me do Nut Shots >.<

I get the feeling I'm going to get a lot more annoyed with it before I actually manage to complete it!

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #8
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Nope beat all arcade games so many times. Love them. Much easier then that damn QUbD achivement in GTA IV

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote