Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
k1ngJeffrey

k1ngjeffrey's Gamercard
Disneyland game

I am thinking about picking up the Kinect Disneyland game for my kids, for X-mas. They are 6 and 4. Will they enjoy the game?

Thanks, I am new here and I am excited to be apart of this site.
k1ngJeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
realslimshamus

White Homie's Gamercard
I wonder the same thing... but for my 23 year old self. I'm a Disney freak. lol
realslimshamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
Primate

the primal 1's Gamercard
My wife plays it with my 2 year old daughter and she loves it, I think it would be great for kids that age.
Not so sure about for a 23 y/o though....
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
tugboatman

D3L1V3R4NC3's Gamercard
You should really be looking here.....
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=345787

But anyhooo I rented it for my kids and the loved it, its huge, theres loads to do its a very time consuming game, controls are really simple and quite responsive (providing you have the sensor set right so it can actually see the kids lol and the correct amount of room for Kinect)

I would give it an 8/10 for kids

Trials Evolution
Bronze : 79
Silver : 79
Gold : 79
Platinum : 78

SEND A MESSAGE WITH FRIEND REQUESTS OR THEY WILL BE IGNORED!!!
tugboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Moshalisa

mosha lisaa's Gamercard
I'm 20, and this was on my christmas wish list so... I would say if they love Disney, they'll love the game
Moshalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I'm 31, and this is under the tree for me, I have 2 kids, 6 and 13, but they can get stuffed, Ima having first go lol

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngJeffrey View Post
I am thinking about picking up the Kinect Disneyland game for my kids, for X-mas. They are 6 and 4. Will they enjoy the game?

Thanks, I am new here and I am excited to be apart of this site.
I'm 25 and I actually enjoy playing this game, so your kids will love it. The mini games are fun as well as walking around Disneyland. It's actually like being there but your enjoying the whole park from your living room.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
snowpup5

snowpup5's Gamercard
I just started playing it as a way to relax while my son napped and it served that purpose well. I love the disney characters and the game does give you the feeling of being in the park. I'm running around and see something interesting. Wow, what's that ... let's go explore. I haven't tried to play it with my 2 year old yet but did buy the game for my 9 year old niece. I wish it was a little more of an open world.
snowpup5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
The park isnt the same layout as the real park like I was told before it came out, which was kind of a disappointment but obviously not a game breaker. I personally am starting to find the game a chore to finish the 1000g in and im not having near as much fun as I was the first couple of days, and the minigames are getting kinda boring now as well. I would still recommend buying it for the 6 and 4 yr old though since it probably wont get old for them, ever.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #10
Topcontender

The only issue I have is that it I keep dropping a player in coop mode.
Topcontender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
Staesia

Staesia's Gamercard
I was wondering as well if I would like the game. I'm 23, but I love the Lego videogames, as well as the new Disney Universe. I'm pretty sure I"ll love the Disneyland game, though it is disappointing to hear that it doesn't have the same layout as the actual themepark. You would think the developers would be able to do that...
Staesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
ogge125

I have never been very much for disney games.
ogge125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #13
mchowaniec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
The park isnt the same layout as the real park like I was told before it came out, which was kind of a disappointment but obviously not a game breaker.
I disagree. I think the layout matches the real Disneyland in CA almost exactly. Even the corn dog truck is there!

I bought it for my 38 year old wife who loves Disneyland. We and our 9 year old son are loving it.
mchowaniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
crazykrug

X KRUNCHY's Gamercard
I just got a Kinect and this game but haven't had a chance to play. It does sound like fun.
crazykrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Gizm0 The Great

GizM0 The Great's Gamercard
Amazing game I love it
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #16
GamerDude604

YRR MAMA's Gamercard
this is a well made game. i played it with my 3yr old niece and she was totally into it. I'm not sure if it was my setup, but it sometimes had problems tracking her.

definitely worth picking up for disney fans or children.
GamerDude604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
infinitelives

Mr P1um Smu99la's Gamercard
Me and my 4 year old son play it all the time. Fun just walking around looking for hidden items. The mini games can get a bit boring and repetative but there is plenty of other stuff to do to break up.
infinitelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
scrapcatb

Glad to hear so many good reviews of this one. We just got it but have been having trouble with our sensor recognizing our 3 year old. I'm thinking that we have the sensor set up wrong but need to figure out how to best set it up for different height/size people. Then hopefully we'll enjoy the game more!
scrapcatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #19
Amylynn84

CubbiPeanut's Gamercard
So excited🎶

I've wanted this game for awhile now but I just can't get a hang of the Kinectamals system. How hard are the games together??✨
Amylynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
StrikeAnywhereX

StrikeAnywhereX's Gamercard
This game looks pretty cool... Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing? I don't own Kinect yet, but am trying to decide if it's a worthwhile purchase...
StrikeAnywhereX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeAnywhereX View Post
This game looks pretty cool... Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing? I don't own Kinect yet, but am trying to decide if it's a worthwhile purchase...
Im probably around 50 hours on it...with a lot more to do.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #22
Schfooge

Schfooge's Gamercard
Unfortunately, I've not been to either park, but I understand that it's supposed to recreate the California park (Disneyland) almost exactly, rather than the Florida park (Disney World). However, both parks are supposed to be similar in layout.
Schfooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
Schfooge

Schfooge's Gamercard
[QUOTE=StrikeAnywhereX;4832130]Only thing i'm worried about is, will it be a play for ten minutes then be over it kinda thing?QUOTE]

Believe me, there is a LOT of stuff to do. I've been playing it for a couple of weeks, and have only got it completed to 30%, and only a handful of the achievements so far.
Schfooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #24
hoferchr

PriusGuy2004's Gamercard
Smile Re: Disneyland game

Kinect Disneyland Adventures is a good game. There is a lot of different mini-games within the main game. Most of the mini-games aren't really that "mini"...because they do take advantage of Kinect in several different ways. It's fun to see some of my favorite Disney attractions in a Kinect experience...such as the jungle cruise and just roaming around the park. I'm a huge Disney fan, so this was an instant buy for me.
hoferchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
CuteTXKitty

Send a message via Yahoo to CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The map is actually right along with the Disneyland in California. It's actually done very well..

As for young kids, they will love it! They might have a tough time with some of the mini-games, but a parent can step in and help them out.

I have to shamefully admit I kick my son off to play it sometimes. It is really fun and there is so much to do I don't know if I will ever feel like I'm completely done playing it.
CuteTXKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #26
keinanna

keinanna's Gamercard
I bought this for my daughter last year when she was 7 but really she has never really liked it I play it more than she does but I am a huge Disney fan

That being said I know a lot of kids who do like the game. I guess it depends on if they really like Disney stuff if they like my daughter think Disney is for babies they probably won't enjoy it
keinanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
dougal1981

dougal etherson's Gamercard
Thanks

Been swithering about buying this for the family, now it's sold. Will have fun playing with the kids and will have fun watching the wife feeling awkward.
dougal1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #28
REALBROTHERHOOD1988

realbrotherhood's Gamercard
it is fun for the hole famely disneyland the game
REALBROTHERHOOD1988 is offline   Reply With Quote