PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #91
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie601 View Post
Do Shoot Out In Vahalla, clean out the first waves and DO NOT activate the turrets. Leave one Elite alive, and let him board your ghost and then Hi-jack it back. I completed the Wheelman Mastery using only Sparton Ops. Make sure his health is full before your next try, otherwise he will die. I used the creek and parked my Ghost sideways, so I could Hi-jack faster.
I already replied and quoted this, but a buddy and I just got Wheelman Mastery in maybe a half hour without doing Hi-Jacking.

Get a buddy and go co-op on E1C1 (Land Grab). One of you get in the gunner seat of a Warthog (preferably the Gauss) and the other player drives. Drive around your gunner and let the gunner shoot and kill everything and everybody. He will rack up a max of 150 Wheelman medals - which count toward the commendation! Abandon the Marines from the get-go, because from the side seat they can steal Wheelmans from the gunner and award the driver generic/rocket/sniper kills. Rinse and repeat a few times and you'll have Aviator BOND and the commendation mastered.

They specify that Splatters only count against enemy Spartans, but for Wheelman, all you need are the applicable four medals - no matter how you get them.

Guilty Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #92
JackAzzMcTittles

JackAzMcTittles's Gamercard
War games for me is rarely lag free, but it is also rarely unbearable lag. usually it helps to move my hotspot outdoors
JackAzzMcTittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #93
Helljumper 101

Ali B 1475's Gamercard
9 Generals

There are ATLEAST 9 Elite Generals on Ep5 Ch5 "Spartan Thorne"
Helljumper 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #94
KosterNL

KosterNL's Gamercard
Maybe a usefull tip. If you melee the shield from a Jackel and you dont kill him. He runs away, making it possible for you to assasinate him.
KosterNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #95
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosterNL View Post
Maybe a usefull tip. If you melee the shield from a Jackel and you dont kill him. He runs away, making it possible for you to assasinate him.
Also, you have to melee the shield head-on, not from the side. Make sure you melee the center of the shield. Anything different most likely results in killing the Jackal.
Hishoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #96
KosterNL

KosterNL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Also, you have to melee the shield head-on, not from the side. Make sure you melee the center of the shield. Anything different most likely results in killing the Jackal.
Yeah thats true.

What also can get you some assasinations. If there is a group of grunts, kill 2 or 3, big chance the rest wil run away.
KosterNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #97
JorVette 12

JorVette 12's Gamercard
You can get Backstab Master in less than an hour if you play The Cauldron Base (E5C4) on easy. The covenant are more concerned with the generators than they are you so you can literally dance around them and they won't shoot you (once they're focused on the generator). I got around 80-90 assassinations per game this way.

From the start of the chapter, hop in the mantis and kill the three marines that spawn with you. Once you clear the first objective, you can hop out of the mantis and head into the base. From there, I killed the other two marines and dismantled the UNSC turret (grunts that drop behind it would sometimes get on it). From there, just wait for the covies to drop in and start attacking the generators. You shouldn't lose either one.

Also, sometimes the grunts would start running away flailing their hands. I found that instead of chasing them down and sometimes killing them without assassinating them, it was better to just wait til their attention is back on the generators. I also picked up some fuel rod ammo so I could kill the hunters without much trouble once they dropped in.
JorVette 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #98
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosterNL View Post
Yeah thats true.

What also can get you some assasinations. If there is a group of grunts, kill 2 or 3, big chance the rest wil run away.
If you're going for assassinations, just stand infront of them and either use a hologram or active camo; it'll stun/stagger Elites, Grunts and Jackals assuming you haven't staggered them with the armor ability prior. When staggered you have ample time to move behind and give them a knife to the back.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #99
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
If you're going for assassinations, just stand infront of them and either use a hologram or active camo; it'll stun/stagger Elites, Grunts and Jackals assuming you haven't staggered them with the armor ability prior. When staggered you have ample time to move behind and give them a knife to the back.
You can shoot grunts in the foot or jackals in the hand to stagger them, then circle-strafe them for the assassination pretty easily too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #100
acemlc

acemlc's Gamercard
just thought u might like to put this down but for the "backstab" commendation. what i found easy was run up to a jackel with a shield and melee his shield away then he would turn around to run away and i could assassinate him. i did "shootout in valhalla" for the hunters and just ran around on easy doing this on jackels.

Last edited by acemlc; 01-11-2013 at 03:23 AM.
acemlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #101
LifeOfDaPartay3

LifeOfDaPartay3's Gamercard
If anyone's having trouble grinding the watcher slayer, try episode 4 chapter 2 (Rally Point), you can easily get an average of 30 watcher kills from the middle of the map. The knights continue to regenerate one, just make a loadout that includes the firepower perk, ammo, and two precision primary weapons. Since commendation points add up even if you end game, you can restart as many times as you want! Happy hunting!
LifeOfDaPartay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #102
Hishoa

found this on reddit; seems a lot more easily digestible for those just getting into Spartan Ops

here's a link to the original public spreadsheet: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?...!217&app=Excel

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comment...commendations/
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #103
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorVette 12 View Post
You can get Backstab Master in less than an hour if you play The Cauldron Base (E5C4) on easy. The covenant are more concerned with the generators than they are you so you can literally dance around them and they won't shoot you (once they're focused on the generator). I got around 80-90 assassinations per game this way.

From the start of the chapter, hop in the mantis and kill the three marines that spawn with you. Once you clear the first objective, you can hop out of the mantis and head into the base. From there, I killed the other two marines and dismantled the UNSC turret (grunts that drop behind it would sometimes get on it). From there, just wait for the covies to drop in and start attacking the generators. You shouldn't lose either one.

Also, sometimes the grunts would start running away flailing their hands. I found that instead of chasing them down and sometimes killing them without assassinating them, it was better to just wait til their attention is back on the generators. I also picked up some fuel rod ammo so I could kill the hunters without much trouble once they dropped in.
Even if you do this method, the hunters still like to focus on the generators. I can confirm that this is the easiest way to get the backstab commendation.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #104
Reytrill

Reytrill's Gamercard
dude thank you this can help a lot i have the official guide but it only tells you how many you need to level a commedation it does not tell you where is the best chapter to go into for enemies you went in deep with the details i thank you this must have taken awhile for you
Reytrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #105
JorVette 12

JorVette 12's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
Even if you do this method, the hunters still like to focus on the generators. I can confirm that this is the easiest way to get the backstab commendation.
That's true, but they usually don't do enough damage to jeopardize anything. I like to loot some fuel rod cannon ammo from the grunts and shoot the hunters down with it after killing all the grunts. That way the splash damage doesn't take away any assassinations.
JorVette 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #106
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
My numbers for Episode 6. Just a note at no point did I go out of my way to let Knights respawn so their numbers could be higher, that said there isn't many watchers around in these missions so it may not have worked.

Episode 6 - Chapter 1 (Great mission for Ultra's! Not too long and you have Ghosts to make it easier)
~15.00 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
127 Kills

Grunt 26
Grunt Imperial 23
Grunt Ultra 12
Jackal 3
Jackal Ranger 45
Elite 18
Elite Ranger 2
Elite Officer 8
Elite General 2
Crawler 12
Crawler Alpha 4
Ghost 4

Episode 6 - Chapter 2
~12.00 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
97 Kills

Grunt 24
Imperial Grunt 8
Jackal 14
Jackal Major 6
Jackal Ranger 1
Elite 16
Elite Ranger 13
Elite Officer 5
Elite General 2
Hunter 4
Banshee 2
Ghost 1

Episode 6 - Chapter 3
(lots of Ultra's and Battlewagons but it's quite a tough mission and long too)
~20.00 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
103 Kills

Grunt 17
Grunt Imperial 7
Grunt Ultra 14
Jackal 4
Jackal Ranger 8
Jackal Major 2
Elite 6
Elite Officer 5
Elite General 3
Hunter 2
Knight 8
Kinght Battlewagon 20
Watcher 5

Episode 6 - Chapter 4
~12.00 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
93 Kills

Grunt 28
Grunt Imperial 9
Grunt Ultra 2
Jackal 10
Jackal Ranger 11
Jackal Major 4
Elite 16
Elite Officer 6
Hunter 4
Ghost 2
Wraith 1

Episode 6 - Chapter 5
(Great mission for Knight Commanders)

~14.00 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
110 Kills

Grunt 4
Grunt Imperial 2
Jackal 6
Jackal Ranger
Jackal Major 4
Elite 1
Elite Ranger 2
Elite General 1
Crawler 21
Crawler Sniper 4
Crawler Alpha 25
Knight 22
Knight Battlewagon 7
Knight Commander 4 (potentially 8 with respawns)
Watcher 6

Last edited by Hybridchld; 01-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #107
Guilty Trace

Guilty Trace's Gamercard
Thank you Hybridchld for posting these numbers so quickly! I just ran through these on easy solo and they are the most fun SpOps missions yet, IMHO.

I have only maxed out Knight Slayer on the Forerunner side and I have Elite Zealot, Grunt Ultra and Jackal Major left on the Covenant side. Some of these commendations are difficult/tedious to master. For instance, Crawler Sniper Slayer? I'M STILL ON LEVEL 1! The best level for them E1C3 - with 10 baddies! Geez...

Guilty Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #108
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Trace View Post
For instance, Crawler Sniper Slayer? I'M STILL ON LEVEL 1! The best level for them E1C3 - with 10 baddies! Geez...
Just keep doing 5-1. There's a decent number of snipers on that and you'll work on all the others at a good pace while doing it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #109
Grausherra

Grausherra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Just keep doing 5-1. There's a decent number of snipers on that and you'll work on all the others at a good pace while doing it.

yeah but that mission takes so god damn long. :\ if I let every spawn exhaust itself every game is easily 20 minutes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #110
spiderbaby

Thanks, Hybridchld. I did the same thing myself on Easy and Normal difficulties and got roughly the same numbers.

There is practically no difference doing the missions on Easy or Normal except:

Episode 6, Chapter 2: All The Secrets on Easy
Grunt Slayer - 29
Grunt Imperial Slayer - 8
Grunt Ultra Slayer - 0

Episode 6, Chapter 2: All The Secrets on Normal
Grunt Slayer - 16
Grunt Imperial Slayer - 13
Grunt Ultra Slayer - 5

On average, I got 5 Knight Commander kills on Episode 6, Chapter 5 but I always let the watchers respawn knights, except on Legendary. The counts were 5 (two games on easy), 4 (normal), 6 (heroic), and 6 (legendary). This seems the best level for Knight Commander kills so far and the rate is better if you play on Easy. I'm still holding out boosting this commendation until all the levels are released. At 15 kills an hour, it would take a painful 22 hours of grinding for me to max out the Knight Commander commendation (I have 327 kills to go). I already maxed out the backstab commendation the painful way but Episode 6, Chapter 3 would have been great for this with all the sleeping grunts at the start.

I also have my own spreadsheet - we all some nerds!

Last edited by spiderbaby; 01-22-2013 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Adding info
spiderbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #111
spiderbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausherra View Post
yeah but that mission takes so god damn long. :\ if I let every spawn exhaust itself every game is easily 20 minutes
Read the thread - Episode 1, Chapter 3 lets you boost this. Start the level, watch the cutscene, kill the first sniper crawler almost straight in front of you (and one or two other crawlers while you're at it), Restart Mission (don't end it), watch the cutscene, kill the first sniper crawler ... You get @2 sniper crawlers per minute. It's boring so I do it while watching TV.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #112
spiderbaby

Episode 7, Chapters 1-5 aren't very good for the rarer commendations (I mainly played on Easy) except that Episode 7, Chapter 3 got me 10 Elite Zealot Slayer kills which is on the high level for that commendation. I got 2 Knight Commander kills on both 7-1 (Normal) and 7-5 (Easy).

To get the most amount of Knight kills on 7-1, bring the Mantis to the landing zone to prevent your backup from stealing the kills from you.

Last edited by spiderbaby; 01-30-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #113
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
My numbers for Episode 7. Not a great week for the rarer enemies really but a great week for Jackal Rangers if you still need them.

Episode 7 - Chapter 1
~8 minutes
~3,000 EXP
86 Kills

Grunt 19
Grunt Imperial 4
Jackal 10
Jackal Major 2
Elite 10
Elite Officer 4
Crawler 5
Crawler Alpha 1
Kinght 12
Watcher 14
Ghost 2
Wraith 1

Episode 7 - Chapter 2
~12 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
137 Kills

Grunt 27
Grunt Imperial 6
Grunt Ultra 5
Jackal 13
Jackal Ranger 30
Jackal Major 11
Eilte 14
Elite Officer 6
Elite General 5
Crawler 11
Crawler Alpha 3
Knight 1
Knight Battle Wagon 5

Episode 7 - Chapter 3 (Best mission for Jackal Rangers but overall you'd be better off with 6-1)
~11 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
139 Kills

Grunt 21
Storm Grunt 5
Jackal 8
Jackal Ranger 61
Jackal Major 2
Elite 3
Elite Officer 2
Elite Ranger 10
Elite General 7
Crawler 13
Crawler Alpha 5
Kinght 1
Knight Battle Wagon 1

Episode 7 - Chapter 4
~13 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
174 Kills

Grunt 64
Grunt Imperial 23
Jackal 25
Jackal Ranger 22
Jackal Major 8
Elite 13
Elite Officer 3
Elite Ranger 9
Hunter 2
Crawler 3
Crawler Alpha 1
Watcher 1

Episode 7 - Chapter 5
~13 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
140 Kills

Grunt 32
Jackal 13
Jackal Major 2
Elite 2
Elite Officer 7
Elite General 2
Hunter 6
Crawler 38
Crawler Alpha 14
Kinght 5
Knight Battlewagon 3
Knight Commander 1
Watcher 13
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #114
JackAzzMcTittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post

Episode 7 - Chapter 3 (Best mission for Jackal Rangers but overall you'd be better off with 6-1)
~11 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
139 Kills

Grunt 21
Storm Grunt 5
Jackal 8
Jackal Ranger 61
Jackal Major 2
Elite 3
Elite Officer 2
Elite Ranger 10
Elite General 7
Crawler 13
Crawler Alpha 5
Kinght 1
Knight Battle Wagon 1
How is 6-1 better? To me it looks like you get more Jackal Rangers in less time.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #115
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
The rarest enemies are Grunt Ultra's and 6-1 is the best mission to farm them and while farming them you'll get more than enough Jackal Rangers
Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #116
JackAzzMcTittles

Oh, I see. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #117
Blide11

Blide11's Gamercard
Episode 7 - Chapter 4
~13 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
174 Kills

Grunt 64
Grunt Imperial 23
Jackal 25
Jackal Ranger 22
Jackal Major 8
Elite 13
Elite Officer 3
Elite Ranger 9
Hunter 2
Crawler 3
Crawler Alpha 1
Watcher 1

Not sure what difficulty is being used for theses statistics, but on heroic (mostly) and legendary (all), all above mentioned grunts are ultra/heavy rank. A grand total of 87 is very significant for this commendation, and yes, legendary takes a bit longer and is a bit tougher but its worth it. Happy hunting
Blide11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #118
II Holland II

II Holland II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blide11 View Post
Episode 7 - Chapter 4
~13 Minutes
~3,000 EXP
174 Kills

Grunt 64
Grunt Imperial 23
Jackal 25
Jackal Ranger 22
Jackal Major 8
Elite 13
Elite Officer 3
Elite Ranger 9
Hunter 2
Crawler 3
Crawler Alpha 1
Watcher 1

Not sure what difficulty is being used for theses statistics, but on heroic (mostly) and legendary (all), all above mentioned grunts are ultra/heavy rank. A grand total of 87 is very significant for this commendation, and yes, legendary takes a bit longer and is a bit tougher but its worth it. Happy hunting
I would like to add to this that if you keep replaying the first minute of this mission and stay up top just snipe the ultras with your DMR that keep funneling through the door. I avoid everything but grunts while doing this and once they stop coming I restart the mission. You can get 15 ultras in 1 minute doing this along with a couple of jackals from all 3 classes. Also pick stickies as your gnade. Run up to the human nades right in front of you. From the top platform right as your hud pops up throw all 4 gnades at the front door at about a 45 degree angle. If done correctly you can kill a lot of the ranger jackals that like to jump up and kill you as you are doing this. Also put dexterity on for quick reloads there is an ammo crate to your right if you need some more and if you die just restart.

Last edited by II Holland II; 01-31-2013 at 03:10 PM.
II Holland II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #119
HutchDJango

ISG HutchDJango's Gamercard
I dont know if some one already said this but in episode 3 chapter 4 when blowing up the banshee's on easy they also count as a elite infantry kill, so your getting two for the price of one. thanks for the list looking foward to the other episode's
HutchDJango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #120
JackAzzMcTittles

Not sure if any one else knows this, but on 6-3 if you get past the sleeping grunts and stay right, you will see an elite at a control pannel. If you kill him, you can activate the control pannel, which will kill almost everyone there. Not sure if it counts for your kills, though.